Strange lag spikes - Unplayable

"
incanous wrote:
same issue for me, EU

They started today for me, I live in Greece and tried the Amsterdam and Frankfurt servers (96-98ms pings). Crazy lag spikes. They range from 98ms to over 700 ms...makes the game totally unplayable.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Same here, I'm also having crazy lag-spikes which causes the whole game to freeze up with lockstep enabled.

EDIT: Amsterdam EU gateway.
IGN: Noobslayer
Last edited by xNoobslayer on Jul 12, 2015, 3:13:30 PM
Problems persist on EU servers. :( Seems the servers simly pooped under the stress load.

"
MHpew wrote:
Same issue with me. High-end GPU r290x... Dind't have any problem in poe half a year ago...

latency has nothing to do with your gpu. also judgeing by the lack of common sense in your post I find the chances of you actually owning that card remote.
"
Ael00 wrote:
Problems persist on EU servers. :( Seems the servers simly pooped under the stress load.

"
MHpew wrote:
Same issue with me. High-end GPU r290x... Dind't have any problem in poe half a year ago...

latency has nothing to do with your gpu. also judgeing by the lack of common sense in your post I find the chances of you actually owning that card remote.

I think he is suggesting that its not FPS lag but server side lag.
"
Sebaa wrote:
Hey I recently re-downloaded PoE. Last time I played it ran fairly well with the exception of a few desync issues from time to time. After reinstalling I'm now able to connect to the Australian server (yay) of which I have a ping of ~33ms.

I'd really suggest trying this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1313720
Just chiming in that I'm having the problem too. no idea waht to do, but it's getting hard to play
same thing Frankfurt(EU)
I have the same problem. Though my lag spikes are about 20 seconds apart and vary between 300 and 500ms. Im normally running around between 30 and 50ms. This is on the CALIFORNIA server. I am using wifi, but Ive never noticed a lag spike like this in any other game.

What host are you guys putting in for the win mtr program?

Thanks!
seems to be fixed for me for the time being atleast.

was a node in between me and speedtest.ams01.softlayer.com (amsterdam) which was causing 50% packetloss accoding to winmtr v 0,92.

turning on predictive mode helps make gameplay smoother when there is packetloss. it's the worst time to use lockstep.
I have the same problem (EU)
Last edited by Lerdeif on Jul 12, 2015, 8:13:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info