Map crashes [Gamebreaking]

"
holocaustus wrote:
Been fine for a few days so I thought I could risk a high IIQ/fracture map because I'm running low on maps. Big mistake as it turned out.

Fix this shit already or increase map drop rates.

I would say they need to fix the crash as that probably takes priority over any game mechanics.

I didn't even know about this long thread till it got bumped here. I started my own and commented on others that have the same problem.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
cgexile wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
Been fine for a few days so I thought I could risk a high IIQ/fracture map because I'm running low on maps. Big mistake as it turned out.

I would say they need to fix the crash as that probably takes priority over any game mechanics.

I didn't even know about this long thread till it got bumped here. I started my own and commented on others that have the same problem.

If maps weren't so rare and require you to dump tons of currency on them it wouldn't be so infuriating if one crashed on you, was my point.

This has been going on for weeks, and as far as I'm concerned it was introduced in 2.0 because it never happened to me before. Since they apparently can't fix it in a timely fashion the least they can do is up drop rates.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
cgexile wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:

If maps weren't so rare and require you to dump tons of currency on them it wouldn't be so infuriating if one crashed on you, was my point.

This has been going on for weeks, and as far as I'm concerned it was introduced in 2.0 because it never happened to me before. Since they apparently can't fix it in a timely fashion the least they can do is up drop rates.

Yeah I totally agree that because of the rarity and loss of both time & currency this is unacceptable.

It's interesting because on the one hand I've never had this happen before 2.0, and on the other hand I've never been forced to roll such crazy mods to try and get the higher level maps, and therefore maybe that's why I'm experiencing this. I guess the question is if it's because of 2.0 or if anyone experienced this prior to and it never got fix (?).

It's hard to get excited about their latest updates about this & that when some fundamental things critical to the success of your character - and the game - are broken.

GGG is silent on so many issues. I'm sure they are working on this but it's interesting what they chose to comment on and what they chose to stay silent on. I can only hope that before Chris went off on his vacation he told his devs to fix this shit by the time he gets back or else...
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Jul 31, 2015, 2:51:01 PM
Just lost another one. This one didn't even have fracture or much packsize, just 150% IIQ (vaaled). I'm done.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
30% pack size 107% quantity. Got to kill boss but had zero map drops since the map was maybe 20% clear. What's so motherf*cking stupid is that they focus on adding crap MTX effects and useless uniques when there are serious bugs in the game that should obviously take priority. Total idiocy. What floors me completely is that I never had this problem before 2.0 - now it happens constantly and typically in higher maps (75+). Lost more than 1 77 and the past map was a 75. What's even better is any direct bitching to GGG would get ZERO response since their primary concern is wonderful, new, "punishing"-ly "elite gameplay. What's so f*cking elite about losing high level maps that you spend currency rolling without getting a chance to run them as a result of poor programming? Here's a clue:

FIX THE GODDAMN BUGS BEFORE ADDING USELESS CRAP TO THE GAME.
OK. yeah. this really needs to get fixed. losing maps in this game is like fundamentally fooked up...

preez fix dis.
"
Alea wrote:
Ok i decided to go for map 80 Wasteland, crafted it with love, then gone in it with a friend mara... So facing a box realized i forgot to take currency in inventory and gone back to hideout, then coming back... and Crash ! While i initially made a tp in a "clean" area.

Friend made a new Tp in the starting area (initial tp) and then Crash again !
He made a third tp in the very last ultimate corner, in the starting area, and then it worked !

Finally killed the Boss, no death, was ok. Really though it was lost (paid the map 35 chaos).
So that bug is serious problem and is definitely related to bodies, that map was a fracture one btw.

edit; got it again and wasnt able to finish the map... (77)

Ok so from now on till this is fixed I'm tp-ing out from starting area or any area void of bodies.

Thanks! This is probably the best troubleshooting feedback so far.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
problem still occurring as of 1st August happening constantly to my 75+ maps, really starting to annoy me now, my map pool is bad enough as it is.

for information purposes both these maps where fracture, and stupidly i ported out around piles of bodies.
IGN: shadowfateweaver / freezemyheart
Last edited by mtness on Aug 1, 2015, 1:29:20 AM
This bug is STILL happening... seriously? How is this not a #1 priority right now? I have been playing this game since closed beta, and I have not even once complained on these forums about any issues this game has had until now. Nothing has ever come even close to destroying my fun over and over again in this game like this bug has.

Please, if it really is going to take this long to fix this issue, add a command to reset the map portal back to the starting position or something similar. Really, ANY workaround would be appreciated until a proper fix is in place, but it is incredibly disheartening to have to be scared of my expensive maps crashing every time I run them. It is sucking out my desire to continue with this league.
Does not only happen with portals - happened today for me in a 75 orchard when vaal cycloning. FPS drop -> lots of bodies -> more FPS drop -> DC. Same for the two other players in the map. When coming back, all portals gone.

Together with the less-than-mediocre map drops, this is currently game-breaking for me.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info