[2.0] Facebreaker Icecrash 80K+ Dps

"
KuraiArashi wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
CWDT + 'Endurig Cry' dont work anymore (cant be triggered) since it's now in the 'War Cry' category like AC and RC.

This....Not sure how you missed that when playing the build but whatever.

Overall build looks a bit rushed to be honest. I mean you have gem links in your gear that do not even work (i.e. Reduced mana on auras but you seem to have noticed that since you mentioned it+ CWDT-Enduring Cry) Overall it seems like you tried to provide all the information someone would be looking for.

Not to bad for a first build with the exception of the gem links that do not work..That takes alot away from it. Overall tho pretty basic Ice Crash Facebreakers build. Next time you make a build tho make sure to test all your gem links are working and get all that extra info before hand and make sure all gems+ links are right. Alot of people will automatically stop reading soon as they notice your gem links. Believe it or not alot of experienced players and those who usually like to create their own builds (like me) only come here to compare gear/gem setups. I was going to stop reading soon as i noticed the reduced mana in your helm but noticed your comment about it so decided to read further since it was your first build. Decided to try to give some feedback. Most important thing about making a build guide would be convincing people you know what your talking about. Gem link setups that do not work take ALOT of credibility out of that.

You can still used CWDT and IC but you will need something like warlords mark curse or self casting enduring cry to get the endurance charges. I would personally go with something like Vengeance+Curse on Hit+warlord's mark to get the endurance charges for IC.

You go on about lack of knowledge yet you reference Vengeance on a facebreaker build for 2.0. While Vengeance since the release of 2.0 will not work with facebreakers as it requires a melee weapon to be equipped. This is like the pot calling the kettle black. Oh and personally for myself I find it better to manually cast Warlords Mark as Im attacking or on approach to attack as curse on hit removes the AOE affect of the spell so therefore mobs I 1 hit wont be affected therefore I cannot leech anything off of them nor get the endurance charge.
Last edited by louiemgallant on Jul 16, 2015, 7:36:34 AM
"
You go on about lack of knowledge yet you reference Vengeance on a facebreaker build for 2.0. While Vengeance since the release of 2.0 will not work with facebreakers as it requires a melee weapon to be equipped.

I've had a couple of FB builds before 2.0...vengeance did not work then nor does it now for the reason you stated. I thought this was fairly common knowledge. I would say that in any facebreaker build that chases chance to block in a skill tree, skills like riposte or reckoning or both should be used. Obviously thats just my opinion.
Spoiler

In this setup I only use melee splash for riposte. Reckoning does not benefit from this to my knowledge. As these proc, you are able to do large amounts of aoe damage and grab a bit of life as well... there are builds out there highly dependant on these skills, moreso than mine tend to be. Not to mention these two skills in a FB build are really fun to play.
---Mothernature---level 61 Witch Dual Sporker
---Nuee_Ardente---level 51 Templar Endurance Marauder
---Primum_Frigidum---level 79 Cold Witch Pulser
Last edited by muddymushroom on Jul 16, 2015, 9:33:03 AM
"
muddymushroom wrote:
"
You go on about lack of knowledge yet you reference Vengeance on a facebreaker build for 2.0. While Vengeance since the release of 2.0 will not work with facebreakers as it requires a melee weapon to be equipped.

I've had a couple of FB builds before 2.0...vengeance did not work then nor does it now for the reason you stated. I thought this was fairly common knowledge. I would say that in any facebreaker build that chases chance to block in a skill tree, skills like riposte or reckoning or both should be used. Obviously thats just my opinion.
Spoiler

In this setup I only use melee splash for riposte. Reckoning does not benefit from this to my knowledge. As these proc, you are able to do large amounts of aoe damage and grab a bit of life as well... there are builds out there highly dependant on these skills, moreso than mine tend to be. Not to mention these two skills in a FB build are really fun to play.

I agree, I currently use both riposte and reckoning - I also have added melee damage and fire damage supports on them which gives them a nice bump, combined the two give me somewhere around 35-40k damage on counters
I have a question..

How do i run, "Hasted", "Hatred", and "Herald of Ash" at the same time.?
I have "reduced Mana" on all of them,
But it is like it does not make any different.. :(

My items right now is
Spoiler
Spoiler
I have this for later when i level op more.. Just have to link the armor first and chance the gem colors, yes I know..
Spoiler

And my skill tree:

I´m really happy with the build so far..
But it would be so much more awesome,
if I could run all 3 skills at once.. :D
(One of my friends is crazy jelly of my DPS.. And it is not even at it´s peak yet.. lol..)
Last edited by UrbanJungIe on Jul 16, 2015, 3:25:59 PM
"
UrbanJungIe wrote:
I have a question..

How do i run, "Hasted", "Hatred", and "Herald of Ash" at the same time.?
I have "reduced Mana" on all of them,
But it is like it does not make any different.. :(

My items right now is
Spoiler
Spoiler
I have this for later when i level op more.. Just have to link the armor first and chance the gem colors, yes I know..
Spoiler

And my skill tree:

I´m really happy with the build so far..
But it would be so much more awesome,
if I could run all 3 skills at once.. :D
(One of my friends is crazy jelly of my DPS.. And it is not even at it´s peak yet.. lol..)

reduced mana no longer works on auras, you are wasting a gem slot. You can use enlighten but it has a max level of 3 and only reduces at that lvl by 4%. My Facebreaker Cyclone build is about 50% complete no where near max lvl on gems and I am doing 57K DPS and my counters do up to 40K. I stand at 4.5K hp, 47% block chance and almost max res
Last edited by louiemgallant on Jul 16, 2015, 4:00:38 PM
I had to respec my old Infernal blow facebreaker and it turned out decently with ice crash.. I'm not running a carcass jack, but my hp went up a bit (200ish) to about 6400, and my dps went up a bit as well (think about 67k with atziri's promise), i wish i had a taste of hate to test with, but i think our builds are fairly similiar.

This is what I went with for my passive:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAdwEswUtC2EMXw3NFCAUcRXsFm8YXRjXGjgcpxzOHpQnLytQLlMvzDGeMgk1kjwFPC087z38QzFHfkrITeNQR1OlWGNZ818_YuxlTWaeZ5toZWjybEZuqm87cg9ybHKpdO12rHfjeA15aHuMfNl-4IIHgpuDX4TEhNmE74x2jM-QVZkrmjuf36IAplepbqyqrY2uPq9sr6e18raKtzG5Hb02vYG-p8AawGbBBMGCxPbGrsbYypDPftNv2L3ZfNrB42rkUeoY7w7vfPAf8kHz3fZI9zL46_rS_gr-VP6P

My eq isn't too bad, we won't go over that atm, but I'm still testing. So far it seems to be fairly decent and tanky.. Let me know what you think. :)
Couldn't a rare shield be better? I like Lioneye's but I don't see how it's BiS since I'm kind of new to shields in general.
"
Couldn't a rare shield be better? I like Lioneye's but I don't see how it's BiS since I'm kind of new to shields in general.

Outside of the armour and hp this item offers, many use it for the increase in block chance noted at the bottom...overall it gives a base of 30% before passives. This is increased with passives into the 50%+ range for FB builds using counterattack skills to increase the likely hood of counterattacking. While blocking is nice for damage mitigation, triggered counterattacks can do massive amounts of damage to mobs and possibly even leach life if gem setup allows.

This shield is often used as a swap to counter mobs using casts (incinerate, freezing pulse, etc) vs. melee attacks

This shield in my builds is used from when I can use it until I can equip Lioneyes. It's used for the block chance and the hp/regen/leach. In my FB counter builds this shield still carries pretty well at level 70, but Lioneyes offers more needed armour for maps and such.

And this flask is another important piece to a good counterattacking FB build. You can spin to win and counter most attacks so effectively that the mobs are mostly destroyed by the time you get to them.
---Mothernature---level 61 Witch Dual Sporker
---Nuee_Ardente---level 51 Templar Endurance Marauder
---Primum_Frigidum---level 79 Cold Witch Pulser
Last edited by muddymushroom on Jul 17, 2015, 4:10:16 PM
Is lightning Coil better than Carcass Jack in this build? Because the physical damage with abyssus hurts :p
It works fine with Shield Charge when ur mappin, just sayn! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info