The moment you realize POE holds no interest anymore.

maybe im alone maybe im not. but this is the first major patch that i havent played on release and have no interest in playing.

so tonight i was planning on doing an all nighter and smashing the awakening. i didnt. i went out into town played some live music and hit on pretty girls. was great.

for older players like myself who smashed the content back in the day its difficult to get exited by poe now.

i know im gonna load up the game and grind the same mobs over the same three difficulties again. it holds little to no appeal for me anymore. from time to time i'll sing a song about poe just for the old times but i reckon thats kurt out guys. its not the community, its not the devs, its the game.

i know theres new stuff, but in all honesty is it that new? i mean were still gonna be running round spamming one skill over and over and over.

i wish the rest of you luck grinding yourself into misery but for me thats all folks. i'll still see you guys around the forums because once your an exile your always an exile and i'll still do the occasional video for poe but i dont think i'll actually be playing again. sad times i know but i think its for the best.

thanks for the good and the bad times POE. take care everyone.
I feel the same way. I've done so much in poe now that it's left me extremely bored and i haven't played much for the last couple of months at all. I would just log in to chat and try some things here and there.

I take alot of breaks from poe to play other games. I didn't even plan to play awakening on launch since i'm extremely sick today, but im still up 8 hours later.

After not having played that much for so long, It's pretty damn nice to hop on and have fun yolo'ing through the new content with your guild mates and laugh when they fail mwahaha.

I know I'm going to quit this game one day and it might be sooner than i could guess, but my guild's gonna keep me coming back and at some point it'll be the only thing i log into the game for, to have fun with the friends i've made on this game. It's been like that already for the past few months. I would log in and realise i've been sitting in town doing nothing but chatting with others for 4 hours and when i'm not, i'm probably playing other games with guildmates on poe or lurking on the forums. ;)

With that said, I think I'm going to sleep. Kinda dying here :x and i wanna actually plan a tree for my current character on warbands tommorow.
Ugh effort
Last edited by aStrayGami on Jul 10, 2015, 11:06:29 PM
same me and all my team stop play PoE, we don't like this pacth, we play only HC and tempest is very bad mood, so all my team stop play PoE.
During the 1 weeker I checked my FL I have mostly from CB in 2012. Nobody was onlne, so yeah.

Everybody realized by now it's rinse and repeat.
So PoE is dead again? That was fast...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
i had the night to myself and didnt play 1 game for the first time in as long as I remember. I'm getting old and video games in general just arent nearly as interesting as they used to be.

when EA and activision are the top developers in innovation and talent its time to hang up the hat and find something more interesting. just in time gamers are the lowest form of human.

gardening is the new geek thing to do.
Take a break and come back, I skipped two expansions and now I'd like to play me some PoE. Problem is, that these days I'm so tight on free time and have so many other things I'd like to do that I just can't convince myself into sinking too many hours into a videogame. My kickstarted Pillars of Eternity lies on my HDD uninstalled for the same reason.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
wow, havent checked the thread in a few days and look... replies wow.

well guys if any of you are wondering what im playing / up to now.
well im actually a very active member in the fractured space community now. i have started producing a podcast for this show and other content.

obviously this is a new game so my videos dont get as many views as my poe ones did, but the quality of viewer has increased. i get more likes on my videos now even though less views.

the community is still new so isnt filled with as many cancerous individuals as poe's community, so all in all happy. i recommend checking it out.

heres the podcast im producing for this game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3kQTJwtwro
Last edited by kurtcobainsshotgun on Jul 18, 2015, 11:57:53 AM
Was thinking the same today. Well at least it was a fun ride (mostly) while it lasted.

I poured a lot of hours into poe so it was worth the 40 bucks i managed to spend on it.
Game is cool, just not for me anymore. The same can be said for any game you spent huge amounts of time, probably.
Maybe the whole genre (grinding your heart out) is not for me anymore, or at least, the way PoE implemented it.
Just seeing that devs who care about ethics (besides CD project red) still exist, was well worth all the time. They might get a lot of things wrong (imho at least) in terms of balancing, prioritizing etc but their intent is pure and they deserve to be a big company one day.
Don't care, as long as your happy.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info