Fire Nova Mine - Spell Repeats 3 Times

Hello fellow Exiles!

I just had a closer look at the new skill Fire Nova Mine and noticed the mod 'Spell Repeats 3 Times' and '20% more damage per Repeat'.

I think this is a great idea which makes playing with mines much more interesting and much more rewarding. You have to put yourself in danger to place the mine and you have to keep your enemys within range, and, for even more damage, within the overlap 'deadzone'.

Now the question that came to my mind is, why doesn't the regular support gem 'Remote Mine' works that way aswell? Don't get me wrong, I'm certain it would need a little bit of balancing but I think it can be done.

To be honest I have never ever wasted a thought about mines in PoE. I mean, why should I? They're basically traps that I do place at my feet. And I have to detonate them myself.
Granted, they deal a little bit more damage and I can place 5 of them but that's it honestly.

I think this mod would be just great and it would open up alot of new builds. It would place mines somewhere between traps and totems.
Remote mines do a lot of damage and don't have a cooldown like traps do. But the melee requirement, delayed damage and no leech combination is not very attractive, especially since mandatory mine nodes are in an area of the tree that doesn't provide good defenses for characters that don't leech.

Since remote mine works with many spells, you can play like that already: Remote Mine + Firestorm is basically the same thing, delayed damage in an area around where you placed the mine. IF you can manage the mana cost, which is very high.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info