The Awakening Patch Notes and Deployment Timeline

Stupid question im sure but when I copy and paste the ggpk file do I have to delete the old ggpk or do I just copy and leave them both?
I raced through the content to try and see what the bosses were like in Act Four (got an 8-5 job) and they are TOUGH. Malachai the Nightmare is no joke. Bosses along the way are also very challenging. I usually play hardcore but thought a playthrough on standard would help me identify weak spots for progression.

(I cant imagine fighting Malachai in Merciless difficulty - insane challenge).

Died. So. Many. Times. (in normal too! I never die in normal...) I'll probably take it slower on the challenge leagues though so i can gear up more before those epic act four fights (they make Daresso and Kaom feel easy). With the latest patch Daresso has been buffed by gaining damage on damage taken. Kaom feels relatively the same as far as difficulty goes in past Beta patch deployments.

Overall, GGG has added a previously unseen energy to pace of play that veterans and new players alike will be excited to experience. They have payed close attention to the games overall style in each act and it has payed off with a new stylistic and narrative message in the last boss fight -- you're going to have to do it at least twice! (Let's just sit in act three merciless and avoid Malachai forever).

**(SPOILER)**

I am excited to see how they develop the story into the future -- **Piety is a main figurehead in the last fights** --this is totally new to the Path of Exile game play experience-- i.e. Having relevant characters from the story-line or even masters join you in boss fights for immersions sake - Dominus, Merveil, Vaal, Brutus, Kole, the General etc). Although this may effect the pace of play mentioned earlier there are places where it could greatly benefit the 'energy' of the narrative (that is so obviously missing from Act One and Two while picking up speed in Act Three and in Four).

I can see lots of rips coming for all Warbands players. Cant wait for the rip fest in Act Four!!

I hope the team at GGG figure out how to utilize their somewhat disguised story-line narrative to attract new players.
Mine started the download in steam just now :)

Can't wait.
I currently don't have a computer that can run PoE and probably won't have one for a couple more months, so I'll be late to the party.

Have fun playing the Awakening to the community anyway! :)
I don't know how big is the patch (I mean If you already have PoE 1.3 installed) but this torrent size from reddit that someone mentioned about is 6.55GB. I'm downloading it now with 8MB/s transfer. I doubt I could download patch from GGG servers that fast, I've always had connection issues (packet loss) with previous big updates.
"
Thoian wrote:
I don't know how big is the patch (I mean If you already have PoE 1.3 installed) but this torrent size from reddit that someone mentioned about is 6.55GB. I'm downloading it now with 8MB/s transfer. I doubt I could download patch from GGG servers that fast, I've always had connection issues (packet loss) with previous big updates.

3.5GB according to steam.
I have the regular non-steam client, it seems like the patch server for non steam client opens later than the steam one. They said after half an hour or so we can start patching, meaning 1h 30mins after the servers have closed?
"meaning 1h 30mins after the servers have closed?"

No, 1h30min before counter goes zero.
Last edited by Thoian on Jul 10, 2015, 12:09:52 PM
"
Thoian wrote:
"meaning 1h 30mins after the servers have closed?"

No, 1h30min before counter goes zero.

Oops yeah, typo! Thanks anyways
sounds great that we can dl the patch before the servers go live! gj guys

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type