Life Leech Gem and General Sustainability Massive Nerf..

So going to the life leech wiki, which im pretty sure is updated to the awakening expansion, it has a flat just 2% damage leeched as life.

What increases per level is how much of that 2% of damage in life leech you get back each second, and thats all the quality of the gem does as well.

So there is no way to increase the life leeched, to any extra amount at all via the life leech gem (crazy idea i know)

Just to have more than just 2%, life leech....

Furthermore, if you go vaal pact, the levelling of the gem and the quality of it then becomes completely null and void, (which im guessing/hoping was a design oversight) because you don't need to increase the amount of life regen you get of the 2% damage each second since you'll get the full amount instantly.

Lastly, 6 slots max on a piece of gear, is anyone really going to want to use one of those now, for just 2% life leech? and should they, really?

Is it just me or is the new life leech in and of itself kind of retarded, let alone going vaal pact with it on top? Seems very, very weak without sacrificing half your entire build just for any amount of life leech/sustainability beyond flasks....

Am i missing something big here?

Discuss.
Last edited by Whiskiz on Jul 9, 2015, 11:59:17 PM
It's a nerf. But now different instances of life leech can stack.
"

barely a nerf, as you are fighting mobs of monsters 90% of the time.
ign = ultrahiangle
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"

Id argue just 2% life leech on life leech gem regardless of level of it or quality on top, is a bit more than barely a nerf.

and yeah great for massive packs of mobs, but smaller packs? smaller faster packs? smaller more mobile packs? (flicker strike etc) smaller ranged packs? not to mention the elephants in the room, rares bosses etc

Those are going to mess you up, with your pitiful 2% life leech unless again you sacrifice half your build in gear and skill tree and god knows what else just for some more sustainability beyond flasks.

Life leech may have been potentially op but the devs need to realize it was almost a fair trade because it was the only other form of sustain/healing beyond flasks, there is no healing spells, there is no other way of getting life back except for a few specific/niche conditions/setups (ES, life regen etc)

Unless they decided that repeatedly teleporting back to town during boss fights and god knows what else to refill flasks is an essential and enjoyable mechanic lol....
Last edited by Whiskiz on Jul 10, 2015, 12:04:53 AM
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"

It is objectively a nerf.

You need to have more than 10 instances of life leech to match the live level.
Actually it depends on your build. Whether you are hard hitting or fast hitting for instance.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Actually it depends on your build. Whether you are hard hitting or fast hitting for instance.

If single target: It's not a nerf if you can average 10 attacks per second. Otherwise it is a nerf.

If AoE: It's not a nerf if you can cover 10 monsters in your attack. Otherwise it is a nerf.
"
"
Deadpeng wrote:

If single target: It's not a nerf if you can average 10 attacks per second. Otherwise it is a nerf.

If AoE: It's not a nerf if you can cover 10 monsters in your attack. Otherwise it is a nerf.

You guys haven't taken into account whats needed, if anything, to sacrifice for that quicker attack speed for single target. if your sacrificing damage for quicker attack/cast speed then the total damage to leech 2% from is less making the life you leech per attack less which could potentially balance out slower vs faster attacks

For AoE some skills are definitely affected in a major way now, for example no shotgunning of gmp freezing pulse (but at least they pierce i guess) or much more so ice spear with gmp (5 projectiles max of 5 targets hit at a time)

and that was just 2min of thinking about the repercussions, what are the rest of the repercussions, how many other things are now destroyed from this?
Last edited by Whiskiz on Jul 10, 2015, 12:02:48 AM
"
Whiskiz wrote:
You guys haven't taken into account whats needed, if anything, to sacrifice for that quicker attack speed for single target. if your sacrificing damage for quicker attack/cast speed then the total damage to leech 2% from is less making the life you leech per attack less which could potentially balance out slower vs faster attacks

That's why I said it's a nerf.
You said its not a nerf if you can average 10 attacks per second otherwise it is a nerf, i was saying even if you can attack 10 times per sec or fast in general that its still a nerf cause you need to sacrifice elsewhere to get that speed, probably damage so you get less leech from each attack so making it just as weak.

Inb4 mass and constant hardcore R.I.P, including me lol
Last edited by Whiskiz on Jul 10, 2015, 12:25:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info