Low Life Builds / What to do and not to do?

When doing a low life build, what would be the most important aspect to keep in mind.

I've never done one, so would appreciate a couple of heads up on this topic.

I know you need as much ES as possible, but how much life is needed? Etc.

Thanks in advance...
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
You don't care about life at all since auras are % based
Degrees of build complexity in terms of game knowledge required to execute correctly: life (easiest) => CI => low life.

Build cost, low life Solaris Lorica builds excluded: life (cheapest) => CI => low life

The fact that you asked how much life is needed immediately leads to the conclusion you don't have the necessary knowledge and it would probably be a better idea to at least try a CI build first.

Unless you want to make a cheap low life magic find build to farm piety/dominus, that's not particularly difficult.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 9, 2015, 6:10:27 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Degrees of build complexity in terms of game knowledge required to execute correctly: life (easiest) => CI => low life.

Build cost, low life Solaris Lorica builds excluded: life (cheapest) => CI => low life

The fact that you asked how much life is needed immediately leads to the conclusion you don't have the necessary knowledge and it would probably be a better idea to at least try a CI build first.

Unless you want to make a cheap low life magic find build to farm piety/dominus, that's not particularly difficult.

Done CI, what I'm trying to say is how much life is required to run aura's, and how many can you get on life in the awakening?

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Assuming you don't use Enhance, 60% auras in Live are 50% in Beta. 40% auras are 35%. Heralds are 25%.

So, let's say one big aura (i.e. hatred) and one small aura (purity of something) or a herald on life. You can't reserve 100% life. I used to run with hatred and two heralds, 100% mana reserved, and use blood magic for all active casts, it worked pretty well. You could do the same thing with low life I guess.

These are the base numbers. If you factor in high-level Enhance, aura passives and Mortal Conviction, it becomes more complicated. Perhaps someone could be bothered to calculate it, I can't.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 9, 2015, 6:34:07 AM
If you use Prism Guardian, you can fit a 50 + two 35's on your life. Maybe more if you have enough reduced reservation from other sources.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Jul 9, 2015, 6:38:37 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
Buckets0 wrote:
You don't care about life at all since auras are % based

Life is useful if you use life regen to sustain your skills. An 8% max life node can give more life regen than a 0.4% life regen node if you already have a little life regen. You also end up with more unreserved life which helps if your skills have a heavy cost.

I didn't go out of my way to get life nodes. Just took them if they were on the path to my keystones.

Which Keystones are most beneficial for LL in that case? is Pain Attunement still useful after CoE nerf? etc

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Last edited by GrumpyBear5043 on Jul 9, 2015, 9:55:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info