More 2.0 Mind over Matter ideas:

Here's a couple more ways I thought of that people might want to try once 2.0 rolls out to try to get Mind over Matter to work:

- Blood Magic (keystone or gems on all regularly-used skills) + Eldritch Battery + Mind Over Matter.

While the passive tree commitment is a bit rough, this seems like it might go a long way to fill in the weaknesses hybrid Life + ES defenses have always suffered from: Your life flasks aren't useless while your ES gets stripped away, your ES still acts as a large spike damage prevention pool, and DoT and using skills don't prevent your ES from recharging naturally. I am kind of assuming that spending mana on Blood Magic skills doesn't count as taking damage, so the cost isn't transferred to your ES from MoM. I haven't played the beta so I am unable to test this theory.

- Mind over Matter + Victaro's Flight and a bunch of "damage gained as mana" mods from corrupted items and the passive tree (only one there I think?)

This has always been an option before, but I feel the opportunity cost has always been too high when it's so much easier to just use Eldritch Battery with Cloak of Defiance. With defenses being so much more important now with all the massively overtuned content, and the old combo not being as easy to pull off, this might become more common I think. It still needs a huge pool of Mana to soak up damage in the first place, but you don't have to worry about mana regen or losing your ability to use skills after taking a bunch of damage, and the only cost is sub-par (but not necessarily blank) rings and an amulet plus a pair of boots with no life or resists.

Anybody who participated in the beta have first-hand experience on either of these options?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info