[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Icestorm Trap Goddess ✮ [HC]

"
Bobblybook wrote:
Here are a few notes from me for anyone out on a journey to farm the cards solo!

Damn Bobby. Alright well I'm hoping you know about the Drop Penalty outside of maps based on character level right similar to currency? Also I'm not sure if they are effected by IIR possibly IIQ And Yes it takes forever but if you aren't lucky it is a guaranteed way to get it.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
"
MrKasor wrote:
Just the type of Post I love to see one that points out problems you've been having.

The as Icestorm depends on INT amount it really doesn't shine early and is probably better off Self-Casting Until Sunblast/Clever Construction. For the Bosses Killing Traps until you get the notable that gives them a 5 second Grace. I added that to the 60 & 80 Tree as that should help a lot. Sunblast is also key as it sets them off after 5 seconds so they can no longer be destroyed before they go off your welcome. Deerstalker is a good choice for now as it's cheap and gives 5 Sockets if you had one corrupted with +1 to Socketed gems it would increase Cold Snap damage by enough to make it a very good skill early Switch Trap Damage for Cold Pen. Your Amulet needs like 3 Int Rolls Hybrid Dex/Int with All Attributes and Int for near 100 INT. INT Increases Icestorm Base Damage and Due to the staff's spell damage per Int it also helps Cold Snap. So remember INT is the most important stat for you. As it Gives you mana for MoM, Max ES, and Damage it's broken.

Edited the leveling part to help people with your problem.

I did have Sunblast and I was also already using Doedre's Scorn at that point. I did realize that one of the main cause for the slow and difficult levelling/progress was due to A4 content just being a lot harder. As soon as I got into Cruel, I breezed through A1. Merveil or Brutus was no big deal. Thank you for the tree update, I seem to have ended up with more damage with it and it'll make things easier for when I hit the later Acts because of an earlier Clever Construction.

Currency is pretty scarce for me at the moment so I'll have to save the amulet for later. DPS is just fine currently. Oh and I would just like to point out that Sunblast doesn't reduce the trap duration down to 5 seconds. For some reason, Cold Snap one is at 10 seconds from 23 seconds and Ice Storm trap is at 42 seconds from 55. Increased Duration increases the duration of the traps as well.
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Jul 17, 2015, 5:25:37 PM
"
I did have Sunblast and I was also already using Doedre's Scorn at that point. I did realize that one of the main cause for the slow and difficult levelling/progress was due to A4 content just being a lot harder. As soon as I got into Cruel, I breezed through A1. Merveil or Brutus was no big deal. Thank you for the tree update, I seem to have ended up with more damage with it and it'll make things easier for when I hit the later Acts because of an earlier Clever Construction.

Currency is pretty scarce for me at the moment so I'll have to save the amulet for later. DPS is just fine currently. Oh and I would just like to point out that Sunblast doesn't reduce the trap duration down to 5 seconds. For some reason, Cold Snap one is at 10 seconds from 23 seconds and Ice Storm trap is at 42 seconds from 55. Increased Duration increases the duration of the traps as well.

True. The increased duration from the tree is screwing with it as Sunblast is reduced not less. Fixed by removing the Gem and the Cluster from all trees. New tiers of Staff are GGGBBR, GGGGBR, and GGGGGB. Originally I didn't have increased duration it was suggested somewhere and I needed a red and had a cluster nearby so it never affected me. Should be All Good now. Now you have more ES for Survivability so it works out in the end.

How's bosses now? I've made a few changes to try to smooth out the Leveling Process since I built this in beta. I never did get to put her against the Act 4 Last Bosses. I figured her damage could beat Atziri it could beat anyone. The Cold Res Shred made bosses easy as that is their main line of defense and even Atziri had negative when I was done with her. -90% from Curses which is reduced to 70% effectiveness for bosses and -47% From Gem and Trap Notable which isn't affected. Keep in mind this is wiki 70% reduced for act bosses as it mentions in the patch notes that some bosses had their curse resistance increased it might be wrong.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 17, 2015, 11:59:15 PM
"
MrKasor wrote:
"
Bobblybook wrote:
Here are a few notes from me for anyone out on a journey to farm the cards solo!

Damn BobbLy. Alright well I'm hoping you know about the Drop Penalty outside of maps based on character level right similar to currency? Also I'm not sure if they are effected by IIR possibly IIQ And Yes it takes forever but if you aren't lucky it is a guaranteed way to get it.

Yes I read it's 2.5% per level above (zone level + 2). That's why in Cruel, you have a very small window to actually farm, once you outlevel the zone by around 10 levels you have a 20% droprate penalty and it's not worth doing.

Same with merciless, but the "cap" for the penalty is level 68, so any higher than that and we'll still have the same drop chance as level 68... which ends up being a (68-61-2=5)*2.5=12.5% currency drop penalty, at maximum. Which isn't bad considering you'll be killing things more than 12.5% quicker anyway, so your drops/time should actually increase.

I'm unsure about IIR/IIQ also, I just thought I'd mention my stats for transparency. Plus you somewhat need a tinfoil-hat stat if you're going to do this! :D
Currently level 57 and using the firestorm/cold snap combo until I can get a staff. Overall feeling very good and able to do pretty much anything with relative ease.

One issue I've ran into recently is mana: ever since picking up MoM, I'll often be completely drained of mana and can have trouble with certain ranged packs. Any advice? Even when not being hit, my traps just generally feel pretty expensive ATM and clarity is having trouble keeping up.

I'm running with 0 mana pots atm, maybe I just need to use one or two for now?
"
ValorForLife wrote:
Currently level 57 and using the firestorm/cold snap combo until I can get a staff. Overall feeling very good and able to do pretty much anything with relative ease.

One issue I've ran into recently is mana: ever since picking up MoM, I'll often be completely drained of mana and can have trouble with certain ranged packs. Any advice? Even when not being hit, my traps just generally feel pretty expensive ATM and clarity is having trouble keeping up.

I'm running with 0 mana pots atm, maybe I just need to use one or two for now?

Basically Run a Mana Pot until you feel you are close to one of the two Mana Cluster's in the tree that will help also as you level along all your INT will give you mana. Later you'll never need to hit the mana pot and that's when you replace it. MoM is a weird pick up as it gives you survivability but can actually cause mana issues. Usually when you have 800+ unreserved mana you pick it up or just run a mana pot if you don't want to lose survivability. If your having troubles just throwing traps without MoM don't get it as it's not helping much. It's up to your discretion as it's very useful later with the large mana pool due to INT.
"
Bobblybook wrote:
Yes I read it's 2.5% per level above (zone level + 2). That's why in Cruel, you have a very small window to actually farm, once you outlevel the zone by around 10 levels you have a 20% droprate penalty and it's not worth doing.

Same with merciless, but the "cap" for the penalty is level 68, so any higher than that and we'll still have the same drop chance as level 68... which ends up being a (68-61-2=5)*2.5=12.5% currency drop penalty, at maximum. Which isn't bad considering you'll be killing things more than 12.5% quicker anyway, so your drops/time should actually increase.

I'm unsure about IIR/IIQ also, I just thought I'd mention my stats for transparency. Plus you somewhat need a tinfoil-hat stat if you're going to do this! :D

Ok Good Just making sure you were aware. At least IIR/IIQ will affect item drops so it's not wasted. Good hunting and let us know how it goes with the cards. I heard Springs drops them but the Dark forest has the Western Forest tileset so maybe it does too we shall see.
I was wondering about the Ice staff, about this trap build, Did you link the staffs up to 6 link? Cause I got a staff... non link.. 6 slotted..
"
genocide231 wrote:
I was wondering about the Ice staff, about this trap build, Did you link the staffs up to 6 link? Cause I got a staff... non link.. 6 slotted..

No there's no need to 6-link, they automatically 7 link the Icestorm skill by default. Don't waste your fusings!
Got myself 6s staff already(only ilvl 39 so might be able to roll better colors) and thinking to try this build on tempest.

My only concerns:
*Ain't manual cast of curses a bit clunky , especially 3 of them.
*Getting maxed resist might be a bit difficult atleast in mid game lvling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info