Newbie - Finish Act 3 now or wait?

I have a Lvl 41 Duelist that has done all of Act 3 except for the Sceptre of God quest. I have fallen in love w/the depth of play in this game and want to continue playing well into the endgame.

My problem is that he is badly overleveled and I want to try and finish Act 3 and go into Cruel gaining as little exp as possible.
Spoiler
I have the Waypoint in the Sceptre of God and can pretty much go directly into killing Dominus. I am also worried that with the streamlining of progression and the added Act 4 coming in the Awakening my character w/be even more overleveled when he gets into Cruel. So would it be better to finish Act 3 before the expansion hits or wait till after?

I also want to create a new character to run the Awakening from the jump, but what I want make is a Spectral Throw Scion.
Spoiler
Of course I cannot create a scion w/out freeing her from the cage in the Upper Sceptre of God. If I do that w/out killing Dominus I will have to clear the area again adding to my overleveled state.

Any help more experienced players can give me w/this would be greatly appreciated.
Don't worry, you will need every single one of those levels in act 4, I can pretty much guarantee you won't feel so OP before everything is done.

So you can free the Scion now and when awakening hits just rush through the area to kill Dom and proceed into a4.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thanks, I did just that and now I have new Scion to play around with until the Awakening drops (can't wait to see Act 4).

The advice is much appreciated, everyone is a noob at some point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info