[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Heywoody wrote:
"
Leftieqt wrote:
Can I follow this build when making my first character? Watched the video but it all seemed a bit foreign as if I should already have some of this gear and stuff?

I'm using it for my first character and it's very easy and straightforward. I got to level 70 just on self-found gear.

same, just returned playing POE and 65 now. Game never been so easy (I used to play melee maurauder long ago)
Have Consuming Dark and Infernal mantle
Flame Totem q20
What gem upgrade next? - Faster proj, Faster cast, Iron Will, Added Chaos D ?
What map is the best for MF runs? Currently I do Strand runs. For me is the fastest and the easiest map. But I don't get any good items for selling. What map do you use?
"
kvantor wrote:
Have Consuming Dark and Infernal mantle
Flame Totem q20
What gem upgrade next? - Faster proj, Faster cast, Iron Will, Added Chaos D ?

Looking at the bonus from Quality+ i'd have start with Faster proj rather than totem. So i'd suggest Faster proj next.
hi i have a gear question

i wonder what would be better for this build

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Three_Dragons

or maybe

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre's_Scorn

the first gives good resistances and my flame dmg can shock for additional +50% dmg bonus

ths second is great for curses like flammability, it ups it by one level, increases its duration by 50%, ads a % of dmg on top of the flammability dmg when cursed and then ads a flat +20% dmg bonus
I am not sure if the Flame Golem really gives an Plus on the DPS? If I switch the Golem in and out the tooltip DPS shows the same ...
"
Redman3693 wrote:
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
"
Baron01 wrote:
Hello,
I'm running similar setup with Scion as a start and dual curse. My gear needs improvements but I have 8k dps on totem + 2 curse if need be.
I struggle with 2 things in maps currently:
1. fast / charging enemies that usually kill my totems very fast (especially Rhoas)
2. Monster packs with "Other allies can't die" aura or totem nearby

I'm especially interested in how to deal with 2nd point above as rare monsters with such affix in combination with large monster packs are big headache for me.

This is solid guide that helped me to finally decide to play totem build. Thank you for it.

i had good results with knockback support gem on totems to keep the melee chargers away from totems and me :)
did you try the slowing curse temporal chains?

i use/and saw other also do it:
- raising zombies with minion life and resistances as tanks
- use corpse explosion for additoinal DPS
- use SRS for additonal DPS

These gloves are cheap & effective

Anyone hit gets auto cursed & I don't have to worry about self casting either.

Cheers

I'm already dual-curse build using Temporal Chains (TC) and Flammability as my 2 main curses. Temporal Chains on its own are not good enough to slow down fast moving targets, ie. Rhoas or hasted monsters. I also use Abyssal Cry (AC) to deal with resurrections and also as additional slow. Downside is that to cast AC, you have to be relatively close to mobs, which is not the most safe way to play.

I switched around my gems and dumped Vaal Fireball + Trap setup for Arctic Breath (AB) + GMP + Chain + Increased Duration. AB is amazing in this setup! It creates large areas of chilled ground that significantly slows any and all enemies. When I toss TC on top of chilled mobs, they are slowed to a crawl. AC will force them to barely move :) Only downside is that I would need 6L for +CoH +TC.

I'm now thinking about trying Hypothermia support gem instead of Added Cold Damage in my 4L setup. Normal, magic and rare monsters are constantly chilled when I bother to cast AB on them. I did not have much chances to test this on bosses or unique monsters yet. More multiplier on Hypothermia is very tempting.
really try knockback gem on the flame totem - it pushes everything away
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
I am not sure if the Flame Golem really gives an Plus on the DPS? If I switch the Golem in and out the tooltip DPS shows the same ...

Works for me I get ~1200 dps added with it out.

no golem
Spoiler

golem
Spoiler
Hello, i have a question, there is unused fire dmg node, that by deviating from build in op by 6 points would grant some 30ish int and some 55% bonus fire dmg, is it worth going for that? or is there a fire dmg cap

here is the screenshot i made using steam of that node :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=495715864
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info