[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
taekwando wrote:
Is the Lioneye's Remorse really a good choice for this build?

It is good because it has a ton of armor, high life, high block chance, and reduced projectile damage. If you are going to use a shield, it is an excellent choice.

You can also find a rare shield with more life, resists, etc if you like. A lot of people also dual wield to really up their damage, but you do lose a lot of defense by doing that. Depends on the player.
"
MyDumplings wrote:
I'm having trouble doing Atziri, can someone look over my items?

Spoiler

Well you didn't provide your stats like DPS, life, armor.... but I can guess that you need a lot more life and more damage. No life on your gloves, belt, chest. +20 life total between your two rings. +32 life on your amulet. That is going to end up with some seriously lacking life totals. Usually if you are missing life on gear while doing atziri it is because you chose damage gear, but you went rarity instead.

If you are going to stack MF and have low life and low damage, the only way to win is to stay out of the fire.. always. it will be a long slow fight because Atziri will heal a lot and you won't be able to do a lot of damage.

Apep's is decent, but a good rare wand would probably be better. That's the least of your worries though.
Last edited by damelon on Jul 31, 2015, 9:41:57 PM
Thanks, do people just don't go for MF when they do Atziri and build full res + life?
"
MyDumplings wrote:
Thanks, do people just don't go for MF when they do Atziri and build full res + life?

Well most people posting in this thread don't have MF builds. They followed this build or went crit. For most of us, our rarity boils down to our culling totem, or if we are lucky we got some one a couple of pieces of gear. Based on the uniques tended to be used in this build there isn't a lot of room for MF because we need to make up for the life/resists lost due to those uniques.
Last edited by damelon on Aug 1, 2015, 8:07:51 AM
Found what i was looking for, great build
Last edited by sdwdrgn on Aug 1, 2015, 1:22:32 PM
"
damelon wrote:
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
1. Increased: Fire, Spell or Elemental Damage
2. Added Flat Fire/Lightning/Cold damage to spells (for wands/scepters)
3. Increased Cast Speed
4. Increased Projectile Speed
5. Strength (Iron Will damage) or Crit if you dont have iron will (or like to have more crit in build)

Basically look for the following on a wand/sceptre:
50%+ spell/elemental/fire damage (combined) of course the higher the better
50+ added damage to spells (any element, add the min/max and divide by two to get this number, but if you get fire it also gets boosted by your curse, fire pen, etc)
20%+ cast speed

A wand with 100% spell damage and no cast speed is worse than a wand with 50% spell damage and 20% cast speed.

Also, as mentioned above, look for things like global crit chance/modifier, projectile speed, strength as well.

If you go crit daggers it skews from cast speed to even more crit

I bought a wand with projectile speed. But when I put on myself totem's projectile speed didn't increase. Why?
Hey, since i'm going to use The consuming dark dagger (coupled with another good rare dagger) I have no need for my fire penetration gem. Any suggestion about which other gem I should use? I'll probably use a crits multiplier gem but I'm wondering if that's the best choice (I'm going crits totem)

So far I'm using whirling blade + faster attack to position myself while my totems slaughter everything and it works perfectly fine, even monsters that 2 hit me from outside the screen can't do anything since I can just position and throw totem at maximum range which get aggro while I flee. In the worst case I use a flask, dash, put totems, dash away and repeat. Only reason I ever use lightning warp is to shortcut some place.

Not lying I die sometime but that's because I don't pay attention or take unnecessary risk to increase my clear speed a little more. If played carefully that build's survivability is ridiculous.
"
gibtuck wrote:
Hi All:

I'm having some trouble with my tree/gear, wondering if some other Flamebros can help me out:

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Stats with Herald of Thunder + Golem:
2.9k HP/1.2k ES
1069 Armour
Capped Allres/-15 Chaos Res

10.6k DPS Flame Totem

Question 1: Wand

I bought the other day, still has an open Prefix and Suffix. What should I craft on it? My Catarina isn't leveled yet, but I do have access to +Increased Fire Suffix, not sure what would be good to add for prefix.

Question 2: Skill Tree
My current skill tree is HERE, I feel like I'm wandering a bit. I'm not sure if it was worth breaking off and grabbing the Shaman's Dominion passive for +100 crit for 4 seconds after laying a totem, I'm not really in crit anywhere else on the build. I have a bunch of regrets ready to alter the build, does anyone have any recommendations? Still feel a bit squishy in 71 maps, despite being resist capped.

Question 3: Doryani's/Lioneye's
I have enough currency to snag each of the uniques in the OP, minus Apep's (which I think my wand would be better after crafting final 2 mods), are each of them worth getting over the medium rares I have on now?

Question 4: Jewel Slots
I noticed a big jump in DPS after snagging my first Clear Mind jewel, though I've only found 2 slots on the tree that are convenient to grab a jewel socket. Where do you guys recommend going to grab these, are they worth ~3 skill pts?

Bump after being away for a while, any advice on the Wand Craft or tree? Think I'll be picking up %fire damage jewels.
Re-posting the question here as it seems it fits here better than the Marauder thread...

I have just about finished my 112 point Witch character on this build. You guys have any recommendation of where I should spend any further skill points?
Should I try to take the armour+HP points at the starter Marauder area? Or the HP wheel? Or some other area that helps survival?

I am very happy with the DPS already, so I would really like to have a recommendation on the most efficient defensive skillpoint allocation from this point onwards. She is rather squishy.
One of the passives on the tree says "Spell Cast by Totems have 5% increased Cast Speed." However, when I put a point into it, my DPS didn't change. What's going on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info