[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
"
Just hit 80, decided to try out dual wielding since I'm not really doing any maps over 72 yet. Running The Consuming Dark in MH with the dagger below in OH. 38.9% crit on cursed targets. Stuff melts :) Definitely a glass cannon now but it's not terrible with CWDT and granite flask. Still sitting on 3500 life and 890 ES.

Hey widds nice damage can you please post the rest of your gear so can compare with and see what i can improve ?

Sure thing.

So does cast speed improve the DPS of the totem or is that just tooltip fuckery? it doesn't make the totem actually cast faster right? just allows you to place it faster?
"
duncandun wrote:
So does cast speed improve the DPS of the totem or is that just tooltip fuckery? it doesn't make the totem actually cast faster right? just allows you to place it faster?

As mentioned earlier this thread cast speed does affect the totem to cast the spell faster. The cast speed + damage nodes in the totem clusters affect the cast speed by totem but not the tooltip (buggy).
"Temporal Chains multiplies the duration on the monster that you are already multiplying through duration multipliers of poison damage."
- Inception by Kripp, 2017
"
duncandun wrote:

As Tizid just mentioned. Cast speed does increase the damage of your totems. It does not however affect how fast you "summon" your totems. That is restricted to "Totem Placement Speed" skill-nodes :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I'm loving this build so far
"
widds wrote:
"
"
Just hit 80, decided to try out dual wielding since I'm not really doing any maps over 72 yet. Running The Consuming Dark in MH with the dagger below in OH. 38.9% crit on cursed targets. Stuff melts :) Definitely a glass cannon now but it's not terrible with CWDT and granite flask. Still sitting on 3500 life and 890 ES.

Hey widds nice damage can you please post the rest of your gear so can compare with and see what i can improve ?

Sure thing.

can u make video someday?oO at end-game map :3 if u have time,ofc)
I'm kinda done with this char. I've hit level 82 and have about 14k dps on tooltip. With my gems not leveled fully. I've chosen a different way for my gear, with a staff. Got a second jewel socket instead of the quick recovery node.

Hello,

It's my first time playing and I got up to level 80 following the build and I enjoy it quite a lot.

Below in the spoiler are my current items.

Spoiler

I'm still doing 71-74 maps. I have only ~7600 tooltip dps though. My armour is 4222 and my hp is 3504.

I feel like my dps is quite low compared to many other people that posted in the thread. I also die quite quickly to mediocre difficulty map bosses.

I have around 70 chaos orbs and 2 exalted orbs of currency saved up. I got my armor 6 socketed with 1 jeweller's but despite using ~50 fusings couldn't get even 5 link.

What would you recommend me to spend my currency on to get myself to farm more securely and quicklier?
Should I buy Apep's Rage? Maybe Consuming Dark? Should I buy fusings trying to 6link my armour?

Thanks a lot for feedback

Note: I know I have some support gems on their own, they are there for the leveling purposes since I don't have enough links to connect them
Last edited by meltzie on Jul 20, 2015, 10:33:58 AM
"
meltzie wrote:
Hello,

It's my first time playing and I got up to level 80 following the build and I enjoy it quite a lot.

Below in the spoiler are my current items.

Spoiler

I'm still doing 71-74 maps. I have only ~7600 tooltip dps though. My armour is 4222 and my hp is 3504.

I feel like my dps is quite low compared to many other people that posted in the thread. I also die quite quickly to mediocre difficulty map bosses.

I have around 70 chaos orbs and 2 exalted orbs of currency saved up. I got my armor 6 socketed with 1 jeweller's but despite using ~50 fusings couldn't get even 5 link.

What would you recommend me to spend my currency on to get myself to farm more securely and quicklier?
Should I buy Apep's Rage? Maybe Consuming Dark? Should I buy fusings trying to 6link my armour?

Thanks a lot for feedback

Note: I know I have some support gems on their own, they are there for the leveling purposes since I don't have enough links to connect them

A 5 link will benefit you a lot. Also if you can look for + fire dmg to spells for your weapon, which will improve your DPS. Are you playing in hardcore or softcore? If it's softcore, maybe consider glass canon dual wielding (my dmg goes up 2k when I put another weapon instead of a shield)
"
alexklchiu wrote:

A 5 link will benefit you a lot. Also if you can look for + fire dmg to spells for your weapon, which will improve your DPS. Are you playing in hardcore or softcore? If it's softcore, maybe consider glass canon dual wielding (my dmg goes up 2k when I put another weapon instead of a shield)

I was lucky to get 5 link pretty fast on my chest, but trying to get the correct socket colors for a full shield/int chest is a pain in the ass..
Last edited by Moksu on Jul 20, 2015, 11:06:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info