[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
LordDivine wrote:
Now that Firestorm is totally amazing. Is it still worth rushing for double totems as early as possible, or better to stick with 1 totem + Firestorm till mid/late Cruel before doing the switch?

Also, thanks for an amazing guide <3

It's not super important, in another build I leveled with 1 totem and firestorm all the way up to lvl 50 before switching out to my main build, you can definitely do that if you want and then switch to dual totem after!
"
Wayn091 wrote:
"
Roktis wrote:
Wondering why Quick Recovery is picked up on the passive tree when Blood Magic is being run in this build. The .8% hp regen doesn't look like it's worth the tradeoff of a potential jewel socket or similar life nodes + extra armor.

It's just a preference, if you'd rather take a jewel socket that wouldn't be a problem. It is a beginners build, it's designed to be easy for someone who's never played before to come and pick up while still being mostly efficient.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but..I'm just trying to say it's super inefficient. Even for beginners. Because those 3 points are going into Life (which is wonderful), health regen(not bad), and (mana regen). But then you have Blood magic. Which completely destroys the purpose of it. I can see getting it in the earlier levels, but there are better nodes barring the jewel socket option. Like I can see a bunch of health+armor nodes you could go into, which would give you MORE health, and about 20-30% more armor, which, judging from reading your build, is exactly what you were going for to begin with!
"
Gorillagrip wrote:
I've been using this guide to level in tempest after I died in a4 cruel on my ice crasher. I've played flame totems in past leagues with minimal success, but I am having a much better time with this version of the build. I am going to start a4 cruel today.

I had some incredible luck yesterday and found two exalts while progressing through cruel. I got one from mud flats and one from solaris. These are the first two exalts I've ever had in the game, and I've been playing on and off since beta. Makes me love this build even more.

Moving onto my question, is there a priority in buying items at endgame/merciless? Which items will help me get through merciless and into maps? I was thinking about getting a 5link infernal mantle and maybe some really good wands? Can anyone give me their opinion on which items are best to go for first? I want to get the most value out of my currency since I expect to never see another exalt for the rest of my life.

Here's my current gear. I would really appreciate any help.
Spoiler

Hey, gz on your drops mate!! I agree, this is a really nice version of the FT build, it's super successful. As to your question, I would make sure you had your resistances and stats sorted. You're going to want to get an amulet or something that has an increase to Int and Dex so that you don't run into stat problems down the line. I'm personally using:
+22 Dex/Int
+37 Str
+28 All Attributes
+2 Life regen/s
+ 28 Life
(Sorry couldn't link the piece properly)

With that amulet I have zero issues with my gems or gear. Do note, you do not have to do this on an amulet, I just chose to.

After that, get your infernal mantle and dual wands or wand/shield set up sorted, after which you can get Doryani's (or you can get that first, it's up to you). That will be the best way to get into end game, making sure you have your base stats sorted and your resistances to survive, and then getting all the damage you can. Of course, do not forget about your defensive stats on helm/gloves/boots/rings whilst also getting as much damage as you can! Hope this helps you out a little bit :)

Last edited by Wayn091 on Jul 18, 2015, 2:52:39 PM
I'm having troubles with having enough dex + int for items/gems. What do you suggest?
"
Impaledlol wrote:
I'm having troubles with having enough dex + int for items/gems. What do you suggest?

Get more dex and int on gear, questions like that are answered in the video :)
Last edited by Wayn091 on Jul 18, 2015, 3:22:16 PM
"
Wayn091 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Gorillagrip wrote:
I've been using this guide to level in tempest after I died in a4 cruel on my ice crasher. I've played flame totems in past leagues with minimal success, but I am having a much better time with this version of the build. I am going to start a4 cruel today.

I had some incredible luck yesterday and found two exalts while progressing through cruel. I got one from mud flats and one from solaris. These are the first two exalts I've ever had in the game, and I've been playing on and off since beta. Makes me love this build even more.

Moving onto my question, is there a priority in buying items at endgame/merciless? Which items will help me get through merciless and into maps? I was thinking about getting a 5link infernal mantle and maybe some really good wands? Can anyone give me their opinion on which items are best to go for first? I want to get the most value out of my currency since I expect to never see another exalt for the rest of my life.

Here's my current gear. I would really appreciate any help.
Spoiler

Hey, gz on your drops mate!! I agree, this is a really nice version of the FT build, it's super successful. As to your question, I would make sure you had your resistances and stats sorted. You're going to want to get an amulet or something that has an increase to Int and Dex so that you don't run into stat problems down the line. I'm personally using:
+22 Dex/Int
+37 Str
+28 All Attributes
+2 Life regen/s
+ 28 Life
(Sorry couldn't link the piece properly)

With that amulet I have zero issues with my gems or gear. Do note, you do not have to do this on an amulet, I just chose to.

After that, get your infernal mantle and dual wands or wand/shield set up sorted, after which you can get Doryani's (or you can get that first, it's up to you). That will be the best way to get into end game, making sure you have your base stats sorted and your resistances to survive, and then getting all the damage you can. Of course, do not forget about your defensive stats on helm/gloves/boots/rings whilst also getting as much damage as you can! Hope this helps you out a little bit :)

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again for the great guide!
I love this build but I'm clearing content to fast and missing important drops. I've seen in a few videos people have a way important drops are highlighted. Where's the option for that? Thanks for this build I can farm 78 maps no problem
For those that do over 10k dps tooltip FT dmg, can you please post your gear? I am only at around 7k at level 76, so I'm wondering where all the damage is coming from.
This build ends up with absolutely no dex at all. What do you guys do? Are you all wearing dex amulets to help with that?
"
BossIccold wrote:
I love this build but I'm clearing content to fast and missing important drops. I've seen in a few videos people have a way important drops are highlighted. Where's the option for that? Thanks for this build I can farm 78 maps no problem

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208

"
YumYumFish wrote:
For those that do over 10k dps tooltip FT dmg, can you please post your gear? I am only at around 7k at level 76, so I'm wondering where all the damage is coming from.

My gear:
Spoiler

DPS:
Spoiler

I'm at lvl 83, I run both HoI,HoT. Too lazy to get CWDT setup, but still being fine :D
All are self-found except topaz ring.
You should post your gears too.
Last edited by maplehell on Jul 21, 2015, 9:48:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info