[2.0] Angryaa's beginner's guide to Ball Lightning Shadow.

What's the draw with BL over Arc? They both got a bit of a nerf at the release of 2.0, no? Tooltip is misleading, but at 35 my arc is double my BL on a Reverb Rod. It feels like BL kills bosses a bit faster, but not sure if that's my imagination. Anyways, enjoying the build more than I was EK!
I think BL shines as you get to at least a 4L, also the tip is deceptive as BL hits one target multiple times as it passes over, so the tip is not going to be accurate.
Doing this build has been a lot of fun. BL is a fantastic feel good spell. I'm at act4 merciless and here's some fun gear I found and my tree :)

Edit: One thing I forgot to add was that I'm not really a big fan of having CoH with HoT because it's unreliable at certain points. Having CoH with another BL would probably be a good idea.
Last edited by Sverigevader on Jul 16, 2015, 6:47:56 AM
"
JoeODanger wrote:
What's the draw with BL over Arc? They both got a bit of a nerf at the release of 2.0, no? Tooltip is misleading, but at 35 my arc is double my BL on a Reverb Rod. It feels like BL kills bosses a bit faster, but not sure if that's my imagination. Anyways, enjoying the build more than I was EK!

If you want to know what ball lightning makes it so unique, just read the fourth post from Athen in the following thread here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320120

The guy in this thread explained really good the difference between arc and ball lightning.

I have a question about a gem. The thread oponer mentioned the gem "Increased Critical Multiplier" which you can add if you have a 6L chest. Does he mean this gem here?

If this is the gem he means, this gem (so far as I know) is only for melee I think cause it says increased critical "strike" multiplier and not global or on spells . So should be only for melee or not?
Last edited by Afura on Jul 16, 2015, 9:30:34 AM
"
Sverigevader wrote:

Edit: One thing I forgot to add was that I'm not really a big fan of having CoH with HoT because it's unreliable at certain points. Having CoH with another BL would probably be a good idea.

I agree, especially since this build with 3 auras will barely have any unreserved mana, you pretty much need to leech mana off warlord marks, or you will constantly run out of mana. And HoT is simply to slow to curse.

@Afura: Yes he means that gem and it should work with spells.
"
Yoshi94 wrote:

@Afura: Yes he means that gem and it should work with spells.

Thx you very much. I have tested it and yes it works :)
"
Sverigevader wrote:

Taking this to mind I switched my HoT with my old Arc gem and now I'm using Arc to apply my curses. It slows my play down a little bit but now I can reliably have leech and charges coming in. I agree that it's unreliable to wait for HoT to be triggered, where in some cases (long fight where it drops off or boss in a separate area) you can't rely on HoT at all to apply the curses.

I was still running HoT with HoI with 50% reserved mana and a ton left over. Never had mana issues so I've gone to HoT and Wrath and still going strong with a decent damage increase. Is anyone running anything off their health globe?
The tree doesnt offer that much life, I've been playing it on hardcore and I'm wondering how safe is it into cruel malachai/merciless? I know it has energy shield and all, but even still doesnt seem like my ehp would be too high late game.
Maybe getting the hp nodes around "Path of the Warrior" and "Constitution" ? It's pretty far down, what do you guys think?
Last edited by danmf on Jul 16, 2015, 6:12:17 PM
I don't play HC, but yes there are not that much life nods in this tree which you could take. Do you mean constitution next to the marauder tree? If yes that seems to be a bit far away, why not using some good life jewels?
Last edited by Afura on Jul 16, 2015, 6:21:11 PM
I got a hp jewel now, and I decided to go for all the hp nodes around path of the warrior.
Level 56, decent damage (900 tooltip dps), decente gear and decent hp. Crit isn't that high, but its working so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info