[2.0] DW Crit Wild Strike Claw Build (WIP)

Reworking the entire build plan since the theorycraft build was before 2.0 even released. For now just know we're going DW claws and prioritizing insane attack speed over normal damage increases and that any "damage" nodes we get are to get to attack speed.

I whipped this up fairly quick after recent understanding of the skill, do with it how you wish but this is my plan atm

-151% life (meh, we'll use Belly of Beast to make up for lack of HP, or use Daresso's for farming/yolo)
-8% block chance
-Acrobatics & co.
-113% ias (hell yeah baby, we're going to finish fast)
-420% Critical chance from tree (#blazeit)
-346% total increased damage, mostly physical
-30% avoid stun (important for low armour builds)
-+2 Frenzy Charges (+3 with Craytin)

Gemini Claws are the GG weapons to get but require high level. Use whatever you want until you can get a pair of these puppies, you don't have to spec into claw nodes until you actually have 2 decent pairs.

Wild Strike - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - MPD - WED - Life Gain on hit/Added Fire/Critical Damage/FORTIFY/Blind/portal/whateveryouwantidc

Hatred - Herald of Ash/Arctic Armor - Rest mana for skillz

CWDT lv10-15 - Assassin's Mark - Blood Rage - Phase Run

I'll figure the rest out whenever I get around to actually give the build some serious though but atm occupied with another build in Warband.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Last edited by TokyoToho on Jul 15, 2015, 8:30:47 PM
I think, going for Equilibrium is bad idea even for Elemental Hit, and for Wild Strike it's even worse.

1. Elements are chosen RANDOMLY. You have 33% chance to hit with the SAME element, dealing 50% damage due to EE. And you have 67% chance to deal 125% damage. Doing simple math: (0.5*0.33+1.25*0.67)=1
So, EE will NEVER add you DPS, and math proved it. It only restricts you from using such sweet things like Hatred, HoA and elemental damage on gear.

2. I made dual-claw build myself. Let's compare your tree to mine:

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAAYA7gW1DY0PqxUgFewV9hX9Fr8ZtCLiI_YkiyT9JpUqCyo4Kk0s6S2DMHEwfDGeNZI2PTpCOuE_J0X0R35H4kp9SshLHEt4TZJN41FHUUxVS1boW69fsGBBYeJieWKsY3Bkr2VNZ4BsjG1sbbRuqm9XcFJ4GX1bhMWE2Yazh3aJ04o4ivCMNo19jYGNv4_Bmy2btZ2qn4KkOaZXqAesR7GztMW1SLXyuR29Nr6nwaDC7MM6xILKSsqQ1CPWB9i93Q3dqOCV45_nVOlG7UHyRfPq_gr-j__e

I dont understand, why you DONT picked acrobatics? You dont invest into block, you dont invest into armour or ES, so it's almost free 30% avoidance for you.
Also, you shouldnt skip Vaal Pact. You got just 2% life regeneration, and if you remove that useless EE, you'll have just 1% life regen. 1% life regen VS instant leech? IDK for elemental skill, but for physical, you'll want the latter.

You laos got just 238% increased physical damage from you tree. That is pathetically low, because you receive "increased physical damage" from gems no longer. You should get enough with your skill tree alone, and i think you got not enough.

Also, you grab some nodes, that provide too low bonuses per skill point, while skipping nodes with high bonuses per skill point.

I planned to use my tree for Cyclone, but it fits almost any melee skill, too. I think, it's better than yours. I planned to use Gemini Claws (14 life/mana per hit implicit), hope that'll be enough to run Cyclone on mana :).

3. Support gems. It seems like Wild Strike already has build-in AoE component into it. Why supply it with Melee Splash then? It's as absurd as using Melee Splash for Molten Strike or Static Strike.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 8, 2015, 4:27:30 AM
Can you go EE by making a your movement skill hit with cold damage first, then you attack with your main attack with the gem cold to fire?

For instance, leap slamming into a pack with hatred and EE, then hit with wild strike with the cold to fire gem included for a 67/33 fire/lightning chance of damage.

Ive never had experience with this type of build so im not sure of the feasibility
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
I think, going for Equilibrium is bad idea even for Elemental Hit, and for Wild Strike it's even worse.

1. Elements are chosen RANDOMLY. You have 33% chance to hit with the SAME element, dealing 50% damage due to EE. And you have 67% chance to deal 125% damage. Doing simple math: (0.5*0.33+1.25*0.67)=1
So, EE will NEVER add you DPS, and math proved it. It only restricts you from using such sweet things like Hatred, HoA and elemental damage on gear.

2. I made dual-claw build myself. Let's compare your tree to mine:

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAAYA7gW1DY0PqxUgFewV9hX9Fr8ZtCLiI_YkiyT9JpUqCyo4Kk0s6S2DMHEwfDGeNZI2PTpCOuE_J0X0R35H4kp9SshLHEt4TZJN41FHUUxVS1boW69fsGBBYeJieWKsY3Bkr2VNZ4BsjG1sbbRuqm9XcFJ4GX1bhMWE2Yazh3aJ04o4ivCMNo19jYGNv4_Bmy2btZ2qn4KkOaZXqAesR7GztMW1SLXyuR29Nr6nwaDC7MM6xILKSsqQ1CPWB9i93Q3dqOCV45_nVOlG7UHyRfPq_gr-j__e

I dont understand, why you DONT picked acrobatics? You dont invest into block, you dont invest into armour or ES, so it's almost free 30% avoidance for you.
Also, you shouldnt skip Vaal Pact. You got just 2% life regeneration, and if you remove that useless EE, you'll have just 1% life regen. 1% life regen VS instant leech? IDK for elemental skill, but for physical, you'll want the latter.

You laos got just 238% increased physical damage from you tree. That is pathetically low, because you receive "increased physical damage" from gems no longer. You should get enough with your skill tree alone, and i think you got not enough.

Also, you grab some nodes, that provide too low bonuses per skill point, while skipping nodes with high bonuses per skill point.

I planned to use my tree for Cyclone, but it fits almost any melee skill, too. I think, it's better than yours. I planned to use Gemini Claws (14 life/mana per hit implicit), hope that'll be enough to run Cyclone on mana :).

3. Support gems. It seems like Wild Strike already has build-in AoE component into it. Why supply it with Melee Splash then? It's as absurd as using Melee Splash for Molten Strike or Static Strike.

Well like I said, I've had a year or so off so I've obviously forgot about things and don't know everything on the tree and was never a pro to begin with. But thanks, obviously I've missed some things and am unoptimized. I don't know how to tell life total or physical or critical total from the tree planner I used so I was going blind at the total of everything just winging it.

I totally missed Deadly Dilletante circle (node symbol looked like a bow so skipped it), and forgot about Profane Chemistry, flask were totally powerful after vaal release. Also I've never even seen those Gemini Claws :O They look sick, but super late game, hoping Deerhorns can be obtained earlier on.

yah I figured as much about EE, I had wrote up that I wasn't sure if it alternated or not but scrapped it, seems like it doesn't. As for AOE, no one is sure about the damage of the second hit. If it scales based on gem level then its gonna do shit damage without passive node improvement as we take no elemental buffs. If the damage is based off the damage you deal, then yah perhaps no splash is good damage wise. The secondary point of splash was to gain more life/mana back, why gain singular life/mana against one target when you can gain life/mana from multiple targets at once since your hitting more then 3 usually. So its a survivability choice as well.

I don't take Vaal Pact because leech would suck with Wild Strike cuz you only deal 40% physical, and I've heard leech got nerfed again in general, maybe wrong. Perhaps that limits other alternative skills but honestly if Wild Strike was crap I'd probably just switch to something else entirely. Besides, the life gain from claws would be insane enough to hopefully sustain along with good flasking. Your right about Acro. Think I'm going with this tree as I still favor Berking for attack speed since the faster I hit the more life/mana I gain back.

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAuR0V7IrwxIKwq76nmy1lTb02R36E2WBBY3C18jWS2L0ZtC2DFSDuDjB8UUeNvwW1wuy0xRX9jYFLHI_B1geKOGSvRfRvV8GgeBltbLVI8-oqC3BSidNw1aZ_7UGxsxa_JpVh4lVL_MW3FziWDY0V9mJ5AAbiXod2459KfW20qAdngHJsbEYyCY19I_ZNkqOK51Qk_f_ejDZuqkrIPycqTQDuLOn-j03jpldirGyMnao2Pd0N4JWfglboMZ4XPhSOwHZbr9QjMHHdqEt4OkJH4iLipDmGs4Dh

More damage than your tree, faster attacking, more crit chance, more accuracy, just a bit less life and no vaal pact. You really can't gain more damage then this without sacrificing elsewhere. Aura's would be Heralds now, along with AA instead of haste (25x3=75% reserved).

Getting crit, multiplier, and accuracy would be most important on gear damage wise. Perhaps elemental % increase is better than physical to boost the secondary effect of wild strike and the 60% converted damage. Elemental weakness curse would be nice, maybe enfeeble as well against tougher enemies.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
"
fiqst wrote:
Can you go EE by making a your movement skill hit with cold damage first, then you attack with your main attack with the gem cold to fire?

For instance, leap slamming into a pack with hatred and EE, then hit with wild strike with the cold to fire gem included for a 67/33 fire/lightning chance of damage.

Ive never had experience with this type of build so im not sure of the feasibility

EE is usually used for spells, following that rotation. First player use a "support" spell, usually supported with "curse on hit" to curse enemies, then he uses his main spell.

that isnt practical for attacks - they usually use various elements and deal damage in many instances.

I am almost sure, that Wild Strike secondary effect will be based on your weapon damage only, akin to Static Strike or Molten Strike or Lightning Strike.

As for Gemini Claws... There should be Normal and Cruel versions of those, too. They provide less life/mana on hit, though.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 9, 2015, 5:54:23 AM
my templar version... please any thoughts/ideas are most than welcome.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301034
I would definitely grab the Block Chance on the right side, instead of the damage nodes next to the life cluster, you lose nearly no damage and the block chance is awesome. (adjusted from MortalKombats version) Other than that I think its perfect.

Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAAYA7gW1DY0PqxUgFewV9hX9Fr8ZtCLiI_YkiyT9JpUqCyo4Kk0s6S2DMHEwfDGeNZI2PTpCOuE_J0X0R35H4kp9SshLHEt4TZJN41FHUUxVS1boW69ei1-wYEFh4mJ5YqxjcGSvZU1sjG1sbqpvV3BSeBl9W4O9hMWE2Yazh3aJ04o4ivCMNo19jYGNv4_Bmy2btZ2qn4KkOaZXrEexs7TFtUi18rkdvTa-p8GgwuzDOsSCykrKkNQj1gfYvd0N3ajd5-CV45_nVOlG7UHyRfPq_gr-j__e
I didn't look through all the trees, but the last one seems alright.

Personal change: Cut Vaal Pact and put the 4 saved points into "Thick Skin" cluster.
If you need life, use Life Gain on Hit gem. Also, I guess it's all about Gemini Claws (I am planning a build with those too, but haven't gotten far until now).

In general:
1. Lots of Life
2. Block
3. Crit, crit multi, accuracy.

For 3 I would say Power Charges are a good solution, see if you can get PCoC or Assassin's mark into your setup.

Also, if you want to scale, scale ALL PHYS.
Phys dmg is then converted, so the higher the phys dmg, the higher the ele dmg. Any ele boosts or additions are not worth it in the tree, and just good but mostly slight buffs whenever you can get them.
As a sidenote, I did plan to go Wild Strike + EE too, but somehow I can't get a satisfying build with it. Maybe try some conversion gems? COld to fire was mentioned, and there also is phys to lightning.

However the more I think about it, the more I want to go pure phys dmg :D
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
I have just started experimenting with Wild Strike myself. I'm running in warbands and have a Shadow at about mid 30's so far. Currently I have Wild Strike with LMP and added fire damage. Again this is a lowbie toon, so it's all speculation at best. I don't have any good uniques or even levels to get them yet.

What I CAN tell you is that LMP does work with WS. There are 3 componants as we know. Fire, Lightning and Cold. The cold comes out as a freeze pulse, so I get 3 pulses from the gem when that element is picked. Giving a little bit of AE. The lightning chains 2 times naturally (iirc), but I'm not sure if LMP affects that. The fire I think comes out like flame surge which is a pure single target effect. LMP does nothing for it, but speed and phys. dmg should ramp all of it up with the right support gems/auras. Which BTW, for the moment I'm running herald of ash. I just don't have the mana regen yet to do more.

All I can say is, things might not die off the first strike. But they melt within 3 as the effects change over rapidly.(at least at my low levels) I think with huge speed and phys. with some aura's and the right debuffs, this could really be an awesome skill down the line. I can also say if your going to level it to pick something like Duel or Double Strike with speed support incase rare mobs etc. aren't going down fast enough as a single target backup.

GGG has really confused the heck ouot of me with these new skills lol. Converting phys to elemental, having a melee skill work like tornado shot? (Frost blades). it's F'D up. Do you go all physical? Do you go Projectile, or elemental? And what about reflect? How is this all gonna work so we don't one shot ourselves? I have very little clue which way to go with the skill tree lol.

I'm hoping someone with more brains than me can figure out a good build for this skill. I think it has a lot of potential, but it's going to take time to figure it all out.
Last edited by Dreyloch666 on Jul 14, 2015, 1:43:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info