this community....

"
Just because most of us are over 30, have strong opinions about stuff and are vocal about it in a comprehensible way it doesn't mean we're smart. It just comes with age I guess. We also realized that echo chambers of our own views serve us nothing so we gather here to test out our communication skills and maybe win someone over. But then again those of us that are over 40 already know it's futile and it's funnier to post mildly stupid shit because internet is for fun.

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Just because most of us are over 30, have strong opinions about stuff and are vocal about it in a comprehensible way it doesn't mean we're smart. It just comes with age I guess. We also realized that echo chambers of our own views serve us nothing so we gather here to test out our communication skills and maybe win someone over. But then again those of us that are over 40 already know it's futile and it's funnier to post mildly stupid shit because internet is for fun.

A very rare +1 from me here.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
JG knows what it's all about. A shame we are moderated like we're in kindergarten.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
"
agbudar wrote:
is way to smart for their own good.

and i know this sounds weird but here is a general measurement i take

if i browse LoL forums i meet stupid and i feel pretty smart(good) about myself.

whenever i browse PoE forums i feel pretty stupid.

damn you poe for your highly intelligent community

I've played a lot of video games in my life and one thing I can say is, the community can make a game ten times better than it is or the community can ruin the game. And I love playing Path of Exile not only because it is a good game but also because GGG team is a great team and responsive and the community is great and make the game much more enjoyable. I love you all :3

It's kind of strange when you see it we're all exiles and supposed to fight to death for a plank of wood on the beach but we get along very well in the end. Meanwhile, some other games who rely 100% on teamwork have some of the worst community I've ever seen.
When I come to these forums, especially off topic, I feel young :D

t. soon to be 27
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
When I come to these forums, especially off topic, I feel young :D

t. soon to be 27

lol few weeks ago when they annonced FF7 remake at the E3.... I realised the game is nearly 20 years old. I feel old now
Agree with you, OP. I'm dense to begin with but PoE forums make me feel even more so.

On the plus side, it feels that I have more fun playing PoE than most of them. I'll take having fun over being intelligent any day. :D
"
FadeXF wrote:

Honestly? I am helping 2 people get into LOL right now - and they play other games pretty well. I've also watched my gamer (mostly consoles) nephew who is pretty sharp at other games... and frankly: it's embarrassing watching them play LOL. My nephew is "ok" at it now basically I would say about 1% off the average LOL player and that is like 2 months playing - my 2 friends are only 1 month in and it's incredibly painful playing with them. Like super painful. It makes me cringe mostly.

You may THINK that the game is easy - and on the surface it actually kinda is... but to get to be an AVERAGE player takes a TON of practice, and patience, and understanding. It's an INCREDIBLY complex game for being something that is on the surface "simple."

Dude, one my friends' been playing for almost 2 years. and last week he left us and went for their blue buff while we were sieging their inhib tower. He's the heaviest thing to carry I've ever seen, and I used to know a girl from Newfoundland, so yeah.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Jul 7, 2015, 7:56:34 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
isn't League Of Legends, a complex, highly-strategic game?
Its like playing checkers compared to chess.

In a gaming terms, League is Checkers, StarCraft is Chess.

and mahjong?
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 7, 2015, 7:53:48 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
isn't League Of Legends, a complex, highly-strategic game?
Its like playing checkers compared to chess.

In a gaming terms, League is Checkers, StarCraft is Chess.

and mahjong?

Path of Exile?
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info