I love GGG and its peeps and this is why ¦) <3

Long ago, in a land far far away (the UK) there was a man who always wanted to make a game for himself KNOWING others would love it as a result as it would be true quality and amazingness.

Alas this man (me) has no skill in creating such a thing so had to reside himself with games such as D2 and such to stem my tidalwave like ARPG urges.

I then stumbled upon PoE, it only had Act 1 and 2 at the time and i was in awe, not only from the game but by the VISION and PASSION that Chris would lavish us with, why this man indeed took the words from my mouth so many times i would have to remind myself that the chances of he being a long lost brother were mearly impossible, no matter how much of a slut my mother was.

Simple things like just how questions were answered no matter what the context, be it a positive or negatively leading one......knowledge of the most intrinsic details of the game as it is and the vision to what it will be.....humility and respect, conviction and confidence......and so my journey began.

Being an old bastard (32 at the time, 35 now) i would have visions of an ARPG with a no-holds-barred sense of depth, based in a horrific horror setting with a mystery based story that would make me ask more questions than have answers.

As time went by I would pop on the forums and mention a few ideas aka completely selfish things i would want to see in the game as Chris and the GGG peeps would always listen, make notes and be very keen to hear what we had to say at all times......(wells up) it truly has always and no doubt always will feel like we are ALL making this game together!!! And not just peeps who spend on supporter packs too <3!

I, at some point in the past 3 1/2 years, think it was about a year ago, cant remember, made a post about what I would consider to be my dream come true for a level in this amazing game.

It was basically this "PLEEEEEEEHEHEHEHEEEEESE GGG remember Harvest Lodge area, all the eyes and guts and blood and insects and gore?!?!?! We NEEEED a level like this!!!!!" or words to that effect maybe with a tad more elequence.

This was after decades of my mind wondering to games like Harvester, Dark Seed (with Richard Burton which would encapsulate the clostorphobia) (aka the Mines) and Phantasmagoria which would begin to stretch the boundries what i describe as the old world and the modern world as far as gore was concerned (miscreations in lunaris).

And so to my point......

I tend to keep my eyes and brain away from the forums and site and stopped played beta after 3 weeks of testing because i LOVE to be supprised by the game in all ways, i play HC self found no trade or party, everything, every unique, currency is special to me, as special as the peeps at ggg are.

I did however just pop in today just to see if there were any juicy mtx's on sale as I WILL OWN THEM ALL :D but........i went tot he front page 1st and something caught my eye........the video.........

At 1st I turned my head in disbelief thinking "nope...no spoils but i swear to EVERYTHING i saw an eye in a wall......". My resolve withered in literally 0.00012 seconds and i faceplanted the monitor with the conviction of an enraged Hulk seeing a sea of enemies.....i had a bit of trouble pressing the play symbol on the vid player as i was shaking so much with manic convulsions of glee, understandably a co-worker in my shit job gave me a funny look and as soon as he made to 1st sylable to "are you alright" I snapped to look at him and started to laugh, without making a noise, juggle up and down, swiftly turning to a "do not fuqing disturb me now" look.

Then it happened......I saw the belly of the beast area.........my dreams have come true.... YET AGAIN!! <3!!!!

I have been and will continue to be a staunch "believer" in GGG (as in the peeps and the game, each being an extension of the other) for about 3 1/2 years now, they have earned and have constantly justified even without trying, my complete, unwavering, limitless trust, admiration and respect.....

Without exageration they are the bar that ALL gaming companies in the industry should aspire to and know this, should ANYONE, no matter individual or multinational global conglomerate, question or suggest anyone at GGG or the game PoE be less than this...... mmyself, Hulk, Witchy and Kiwi (the one you have to really be worried about) will see you soon ;D

Has GGG made your reams come true? :)

GG GGG!!!!!!
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
Last edited by LeHeup80 on Jul 6, 2015, 1:45:27 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
England Hype LeHype! Hello from Gillingham :P

I love the look of that area too, for some reason it also reminded me of an old film with David Bowie I used to watch as a kid.. Labyrinth. At your age you might remember it?

"
Varkorium wrote:

I love the look of that area too, for some reason it also reminded me of an old film with David Bowie I used to watch as a kid.. Labyrinth. At your age you might remember it?

Yup and hellow from London chap :D

Yes Labarynth was great....the "Eternal Bog of Stench" xD

GG GGG
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
Hah, nice one LeHeup80! Glad to see such supporter like you and from UK as well, yay! It really is the dream come true for ya matey:)
GG GGG indeed.
Varkorium - is that the one in Kent or Dorset?
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
gathor wrote:
Kent or Dorset?

Common as muck here mate... Kent, innit! :P
nice read, thx for posting. if my english was better it could have come from me.

"
LeHeup80 wrote:
I have been and will continue to be a staunch "believer" in GGG

i count myself into that "core group of believers" which (from my experience) all have their little nitpicks about certain design decisions of ggg. but if we do, we utter our concerns only with the best intentions towards the game ;-)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
LeHeup80 wrote:
"
Varkorium wrote:

Yup and hellow from London chap :D

Yes Labarynth was great....the "Eternal Bog of Stench" xD

GG GGG

Bog of Eternal Stench, dude.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jul 7, 2015, 6:29:09 AM
Oh my, you said Phantasmagoria!

Here I thought that nobody else remembered that great classic horror game. What a great game it was, and I have wondered many times if some of the great minds at GGG played Phantasmagoria too, and was somewhat inspired by it?

Anyway, the combination of the unique horror setting and the great arpg gameplay that GGG has created certainly is something special! GGG deserves all the support they can get, because this game deserves to keep going. I am certain that GGG got so much more good stuff up their sleeves, and they will keep throwing great content our way far beyond Act IV.

It is great to see LeHeup and all the other Highgate supporters giving so much support to GGG. I would go Highgate supporter my self if my wallet (and wife, hehe) allowed it. Alas, I still do my best and support as much as I can get away with, all I can say that I never supported another gaming company as much as I have supported GGG, and I have never felt so good about it either. Money very well spent, I'd say!

It's just the way that Chris and everybody else at GGG clearly lives and breathes for the game, and really do go out of their way to make this game the best it can possibly be, and it shows!
"
as i was shaking so much with manic convulsions of glee, understandably a co-worker in my shit job gave me a funny look and as soon as he made to 1st sylable to "are you alright" I snapped to look at him and started to laugh

I laughed so much here! Have no trouble visualizing it. Also 10/10 for the selfdistance
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info