(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
stephenp1983 wrote:
I'm trying to get cwdt to work with enfeeble and either molten shell or imortal call. It doesnt seem to be working so I assume I have something messed up with the level of gems or the order they are placed. Can someone take a look at see what might not be working? I believe the immortal call is level 6 that I replaced with molten shell

I'm not an expert, trying to understand how CWDT and CoH work myself for planning gemming.

But CWDT Level 1, which is what is in the boots you posted, only supports gems requiring up and below level 38. Enfeeble lvl9 requires level 48, and Molten Shell lvl18 requires level 64. You'd either need a higher level of CWDT, or lower levels of Enfeeble/MS.

I believe the ordering is just order in which skills are cast when you reach certain damage thresholds to trigger CWDT. So when you've reached the 528 damage CWDT lvl1 costs, it will trigger Enfeeble. Then the next 528 damage will trigger MS. Again, not sure if that's right.

Also still trying to understand the triggering concept of CWDT at different levels.
Last edited by crux47 on Jul 28, 2015, 2:26:01 PM
"
crux47 wrote:
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
I'm trying to get cwdt to work with enfeeble and either molten shell or imortal call. It doesnt seem to be working so I assume I have something messed up with the level of gems or the order they are placed. Can someone take a look at see what might not be working? I believe the immortal call is level 6 that I replaced with molten shell

I'm not an expert, trying to understand how CWDT and CoH work myself for planning gemming.

But CWDT Level 1, which is what is in the boots you posted, only supports gems requiring up and below level 38. Enfeeble lvl9 requires level 48, and Molten Shell lvl18 requires level 64. You'd either need a higher level of CWDT, or lower levels of Enfeeble/MS.

I believe the ordering is just order in which skills are cast when you reach certain damage thresholds to trigger CWDT. So when you've reached the 528 damage CWDT lvl1 costs, it will trigger Enfeeble. Then the next 528 damage will trigger MS. Again, not sure if that's right.

Also still trying to understand the triggering concept of CWDT at different levels.

That makes perfect sense then. I wasnt paying attention to the level of supported gem. I'll switch it out for a lower level and test. Thanks for your input

I'm using these items as a softcore mace cycloner following your build. Do you think I should go for Iron Reflexes?

Also, I'm in the process of getting more optimal gem placement, ignore the shit gem placement ;)

Just noticed that someone else posted something similar. I think I'll try it.
Last edited by Cipherseed on Jul 28, 2015, 4:41:48 PM
do you need a 6L to do atziri or is a 5L kaom's primary sufficient? currently doing 18k dps with 5800 health
"
Lighty wrote:
"

This is the more methodical and safer way to play I mentioned above. When I played cyclone in HC I did this, even more so with 7 endurance charges and blind on leapslam

"

Thanks for the reply from both. I won't be changing my chest for Daresso's since I'm running a legacy Lightning Coil and geared myself for that extra -60 lightning resist. I just can't say no to 30% physical damage reduction. Lighty, it might be an idea to add that chest to the list of options. Even a non-legacy one offers 22.5% physical damage reduction with 75% lightning resist, if you can cap it. It's not too difficult with this build since most slots can be nice rares instead of mandatory uniques.

I also love the rampaging feel of the build. With all of my movespeed modifiers up, I hit 183% move speed which is awesome. Right now my marauder is mid 70's so I'm still doing easy content. If I'm having troubles in 75+ maps I'll slow down and do what you two have suggested, more leap slams, enduring cry. If I happen to still be a wrecking ball in the high level maps and not fully utilizing the end charges, then I'll change the quest reward.

I also plan on taking on Atziri with this build. I've tried and failed a couple times with another char, so here's hoping I can do it with this one.

Thanks again for the advice!

Lightning coil was already on the helpful uniques list! Glad your liking it and for atziri id say 5k life 25k dps is a safe place to start her ( around lv 80 ish ). Best of luck!

Thanks. 5k life should be easy to get. I'm at 4623 at level 74 and 2 more life nodes to potentially get. 25k dps....well...with what buffs up? Sitting with just my auras on I have 13.8k, but with blood rage and 3 frenzy charges up it's 17.5k and Onslaught makes it even higher. I still have Executioner and Wrecking Ball to fill out so I could approach 25k buffed. Unbuffed, doubtful.
Last edited by InBobWeTrust on Jul 28, 2015, 8:17:36 PM
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
do you need a 6L to do atziri or is a 5L kaom's primary sufficient? currently doing 18k dps with 5800 health

May I ask what your gear and tree is? My weapon is better than a Kaom's Primacy, and yet I do significantly less damage than you.
"
InBobWeTrust wrote:
"
LadyLoriana wrote:

May I ask what your gear and tree is? My weapon is better than a Kaom's Primacy, and yet I do significantly less damage than you.

18k is with 3 frenzy charges, hatred, HoA, blood rage, and fire golem. I'm using a kaom's heart that is 30% increased fire damage, and in my tree I only got the nodes up to Cleaving for dps.

Though I am using a nice gem I crafted :)

edit: never mind my question, I found Lighty's answer
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Jul 28, 2015, 10:07:49 PM
Ah alright, thanks. I'm using Hatred and Haste instead of HoA and I'm not bothering with a golem. Too much of a pain to try to keep it always alive. If you're also using Added Fire, Kaom's Heart will add a nice boost to damage on that as well. That is quite a nice gem as well. All of my nice gems are staff related, but my good weapon is an axe. Go figure. Thanks for the info though!
Thanks for this guide Lighty! Wanted to share my good fortune because I have had nothing but poor luck in the past when it comes to sockets and links;

Bought this for about 30c and then spent around 200 jewelers and 80 fuse. Dropped a divine orb into it to move it from a 342 added phys into its current form. Time to start saving for that Kaom's Heart now.

Anyway, for my gem plan I think Vengeance is kind of a waste. My three 4 link gem setup will be;

Blood Magic - Blood Rage - Phase Run - Inc Dur
CWDT(1) - Warlord's Mark - Haste - Hatred
CWDT - Inc Dur - Molten Shell - Immortal Call

If I can get socketed rings later I will pull Haste and Hatred to switch in Vaal Haste with an Increased Duration gem where Haste and Hatred currently reside. Using a 6 socket, 4 link Daresso's right now, so have plenty of room for Vaal Haste plus a Vengeance setup.

Endurance charges are sporadic but I find the high level molten shell + IC are nice and defensive for the heavy hitting physical bosses. Just putting in my 2 cents but the above gem setup I think is nice and would serve most of the player base.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info