(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Cirdecus wrote:
Thanks for the reply! I'll see if I can test more with a max bloodlust against a sturdy boss like Atziri's and post the results against a flat added fire.

looks forward to your testing, i will post mine as-well and thank you
LightyGaming.com
"
Cirdecus wrote:
"
Eranicus wrote:
I have a question guys. I never played melee character before, only magic. And I have no idea how mechanic for cyclone works.

The build is not cheap one considering atziri axe and/or good 6l armor. The dps tooltip is 30-40k in 6l. Are these 30k dps enough for 78-79 hard maps ?

Because if we compare it to some magic builds which can easy get 100-200k dps..

Sorry if the question is stupid, but as I said I never played melee, and these 30k tooltips look very strange to me.

The tooltip for Cyclone is actually misleading. There's a few videos you can find on YouTube demonstrating this. Usually the actual DPS is at least double the tooltip for Cyclone. This is demonstrated on Piety in a number of videos showing the difference. My tooltip is around 40k (50k now with my gem changes) and everything is a breeze on all maps including atziri.

This is true. Its roughly x2 your tool-tip varying and depending on your attack & movement speed (which fluctuate the tool-tip the most).
LightyGaming.com
"
Cirdecus wrote:
Strange Bloodrage doesn't damage me at all. I do find that bloodrage hardly increases my dps at all (maybe 1k), so I don't really use it anymore.

As for the CwDT question earlier, make sure to line up the level requirements of the gems. Curses do work with 2.0 and CwDT.

Cast when damage taken has a maximum required level and a cast order in which it trigger, double check both to make sure everything is in the right place/level.

LightyGaming.com
"
Therian wrote:
"
Cirdecus wrote:
Strange Bloodrage doesn't damage me at all. I do find that bloodrage hardly increases my dps at all (maybe 1k), so I don't really use it anymore.

As for the CwDT question earlier, make sure to line up the level requirements of the gems. Curses do work with 2.0 and CwDT.

Thank you very much....was starting to really piss me off lol.

^ What he said ^

Posted little diagram to explain cwdt cast order
LightyGaming.com
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Hey, i got a question, which 2h sword is the best choice to have atm?

This is my gear atm, and what should i change into instead? :)

Doomsower is fine, the next best sword would be a well rolled rare an the best 2h sword base is reaver sword. something like
isnt too difficult to craft in a new league with minor currency investment. Overall axes are good because atziri disfavor is an attainable goal for most players and can be used forever ( considered best in slow aside from insanely rolled rare 2h's )
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 26, 2015, 1:10:41 AM
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
"
leopard2lx wrote:
How do we use blood rage correctly? I mean, I'm just taking a ton of damage when its active.

my guess is you need more armor since you lose 4% of life/ES as physical damage with it on

I have minimal Armour at the moment and can run it without issue in 25% less regen maps due to my large life pool and life regen.
LightyGaming.com
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
"
Tecken1407 wrote:

Work on getting a 5L here is my current gear for you to compare gems/stats wise on Warbands league:

Doomsower is a fine weapon to 6s and attempt to 5l/6l. If your going to invest i would suggest getting a kaoms heart and atziri disfavor.
LightyGaming.com
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
"
Atsuta wrote:
"
Tecken1407 wrote:

Doomsower is a great as a starter weapon, but eventually you'll want to be looking to upgrade it to one with better rolls or to a well rolled rare. Both of those will cost you an ex or more so I'd hold off on upgrading your weapon unless you run into a deal that's too good to pass up. You should focus on upgrading other pieces of your gear before anything else.

As Boltonsquads suggested, a 5link will really do wonders for you and are relatively cheap. 5l chests are relatively cheap, so grab one with a good base and high item level (60 being the bare minimum imo) and proceed to Alt+Regal, Alc+Scour, and/or Chaos it until it's relatively decent.

Other than that I'd look into upgrading your gloves, flasks, and jewelry in that order. If you want to include more uniques, look at the "Required Gears" and "Helpful Uniques" section of the guide. Lighty's recommendations are all very strong options.

Ah thanks!, should i instead try to get 5 line on Doomsower? due to socket increase dmg from doomsower, or it does not matter which gear i can use gem on?

You wont have access to the added fire damage aspect of doomsower due to cyclone being a green gem and the prerequisite for the built in added fire damage is that its a red skill gem, although the increased aoe applies. Ideally you would want your cyclone setup within doomsower to take advantage of the previously mentioned aoe bonus.
LightyGaming.com
"
Kronox001 wrote:
Would you keep using the HoA if you had the normal kaom's heart with 40% fire dmg? I dont have kaom's yet and already do 2.5-3k more damage with HoA than Haste....and i dont think 8% movespeed is worth that much dps (and the extra space from not having to link bloodrage with blood magic)

Yes from beginning to middle you wanna run hoa + hatred, i run haste because i dont need the dps and prefer the movespeed at my level. Overall you should run hoa,hatred and run your utility off mana.
LightyGaming.com
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Which of the axe damage nodes should you go for first? Splitting Strikes, Slaughter, or Cleaving?

Splitting strikes > Slaughter > Cleaving. Prioritize surviving over dps.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info