(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
HansWurstMega wrote:
Would like to start crafting an end game weapon but need your advice. Would piledriver be the way to go for crafting end game weapons? In other words: is piledriver the best two-handed base weapon?

(I am SSF...and I like it) :-)

Thank you!

No - you want to use and item-level 83+ Vaal Axe (85+ if you actually want to exalt for bleed) for Cyclone because the axe nodes are much better (free onslaught is amazing for Cyclone).

Mace has more stun synergy which favors harder hitting, slower skills like EQ.

Sword is fine if you want to do a bleed+crimson dance focused build, use Infernal Sword in that case. Its not very popular vs axe, but it now has bleed chance on tree, +1 weapon range which is nice, and a faster leap slam given the higher base attack speed of swords, which cant be under-estimated :).
Last edited by Samir316 on Oct 30, 2017, 1:43:18 PM
Great, thanks!
I have played a juggernault version of this build a few leagues ago and wanna play cyclone again on the 10 races. What would be best ascendency to hit 90 on a fast pace mapping? No Atziri, no Guardians, no farming Uber Lab. Probably won't run anything higher than T 13.
As a Juggernaut, would it be best to replace Unstoppable with Unyielding for more damage if using Fortify with main skill Cyclone?

I am playing with a Ngamahu's Flame Axe and I find damage is lacking with bosses. Also I am still dying to Minotaur, Shaper, Core Malachai, Vaal Temple trio, etc. I could not afford a better axe this league so I've stuck with a Ngamahu's. Cyclone DPS: 93262.06 (with auras)
I just changed my gem links to a sunder build while keeping the passive tree, jewels and equipment unchanged and I find my dps and survivability significantly improved.

My sunder link : sunder-multistrike-brutality-melee physical damage-maim-concentrated effect

My tooltip dps went up by 100,000 and now I can snipe the bosses from afar while my ancestral warchief tanks the boss attack. I feel survivability much improved and I have far fewer "oh shit" moments in red maps.

Is it just me or is pure physical sunder superior to cyclone for POE 3.0 for melee builds?
"
tkensei wrote:
As a Juggernaut, would it be best to replace Unstoppable with Unyielding for more damage if using Fortify with main skill Cyclone?

I am playing with a Ngamahu's Flame Axe and I find damage is lacking with bosses. Also I am still dying to Minotaur, Shaper, Core Malachai, Vaal Temple trio, etc. I could not afford a better axe this league so I've stuck with a Ngamahu's. Cyclone DPS: 93262.06 (with auras)

Ngamahu Cyclone is a totally different setup than a basic physical RT Cycloner. To be honest, Im not sure Juggernaut is the best ascendancy for it. It is a build that works a lot better as a Vaal Pact Berserker or Raider because you get a lot of little hits in with the balls, you are constantly leeching.

Unstoppable vs Unyielding is a choice based on your chest plate. If you have a very high armour chest, you go unbreakable, otherwise, it tends to be better to get Unyielding.

"
lokomotor wrote:
I just changed my gem links to a sunder build while keeping the passive tree, jewels and equipment unchanged and I find my dps and survivability significantly improved.

My sunder link : sunder-multistrike-brutality-melee physical damage-maim-concentrated effect

My tooltip dps went up by 100,000 and now I can snipe the bosses from afar while my ancestral warchief tanks the boss attack. I feel survivability much improved and I have far fewer "oh shit" moments in red maps.

Is it just me or is pure physical sunder superior to cyclone for POE 3.0 for melee builds?

Sunder is OPEEEEE right now, but that doesnt mean you cant take Cyclone to end game. It just means you need a bit better gear. Also, Cyclone still does more damage on bosses than Sunder, but Sunder has amazing AOE and Clear speed.
"
Samir316 wrote:

Ngamahu Cyclone is a totally different setup than a basic physical RT Cycloner. To be honest, Im not sure Juggernaut is the best ascendancy for it. It is a build that works a lot better as a Vaal Pact Berserker or Raider because you get a lot of little hits in with the balls, you are constantly leeching.

Unstoppable vs Unyielding is a choice based on your chest plate. If you have a very high armour chest, you go unbreakable, otherwise, it tends to be better to get Unyielding.

Thanks for the explanation! That makes sense now.
Last edited by tkensei on Nov 13, 2017, 7:58:44 PM

Its that time of the year ago when we start looking at new uniques/gems/passives/ascendancy ect for the release of 3.1 WAR FOR THE ATLAS.

I'll be updating things in the guide overtime as they are released and finally have tree's updated a few days before launch for those who need them, final tree's with changes will be out week of release.

New uniques hopefully will help smooth out cyclone leveling and mapping along with some spicey new support gems? maybe?

Or will slayer just remain #1, we shall see.

Look forward to updating everything as always,

Lighty

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 17, 2017, 3:16:07 PM
Hi,
Would Scion (Slayer+Raider) be better option as you can have 5 extra skill points for life? We can keep the tree identical since we can start from Dualist.

Thought?
Thanks,
"
Lighty wrote:

Or will slayer just remain #1, we shall see.

[/b]

Slayer got nerfed though, he is now sadder than Fatal at a Hillary supporter party. Overkill leech and cull is all he has left, but any class can approach his survival rate now.

Honestly from Duelist start, with all the new gems out, Champion got a bit better because Fortify sucks for DPS.

Unless you want to YOLO and put fortify on leap slam.

Jugg offers stun immunity and can wear deaths door, and hes better at labbing.

Champion offers the most raw DPS out of duelist start (seriously... math it out ).

Berserker offers the most raw DPS period but has no QOL anymore

Raider has the best clear speed but right side builds have HP pools smaller than Demigodking's patreon patrons list.
Last edited by Samir316 on Dec 5, 2017, 1:54:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info