(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Lighty wrote:
Mace is a little better so run that and go mace tree, or get kaoms primacy and run axe tree then convert to atziri disfavor later on

Gotcha, thanks for the advice! Gonna ride the Mace until I can fund a Disfavor or a Coronal Maul as drool worthy as yours.

I'm only 72 right now, but figured I'd do a little check-in with my current gear and the random set ups I've tested. I think the highest content I've touched so far is a Maelström of Chaos map from a Zana Daily, so what I think as "good" or has "potential" may not really apply for higher content.

Current Gear
Spoiler

For my auras I'm running Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Arctic Armour. I know AA sounds completely troll since Cyclone will never be standing still long enough to reap the defensive benefits, but having chilled ground trail behind you makes AA significantly better than, say, Herald of Ice. The chilled ground trails with both Cyclone and Leap Slam, giving you some crazy crowd control and damage when paired with the Hypothermia support gem. The bulk of cold damage from Hatred paired with the freeze proc from Hypothermia basically means anything you touch will be frozen (makes me feel like I'm playing a crit build).

Currently using a 5l Utility Leap Slam, while very convenient, feels a bit unnecessary with how fast I generally move. The biggest benefit is that I don't need Fortify linked to my Cyclone which allows room for Hypothermia, Faster Attacks, Life Gain on Hit, or what say you.

I have a Curse on Hit set-up linked to a level 1 CWDT that has been working pretty well. I use Ice Nova to proc the curse simply because it has decent AoE with quality and passive nodes. I was using Warlord's Mark for a while, but switched to Enfeeble since I don't really need the extra leech, endurance charges, or extra stun utility. Since Enfeeble is blue I can also switch it with Vulnerability if I want to make easier content even easier.

I'm actually enjoying Molten Shell quite a bit. The main downside is the need to recast it, but that should be less of a problem as I level it higher and/or link it to Increased Duration. Has the utility to be swapped with a self-cast Immortal Call for higher content.

I'm really enjoying the Chaos Res, Leech, and most importantly the Onslaught effect from Death Rush. Although it's only two seconds, it makes this build even more fast paced which is some insane fun value.

The life reduction on Ming's Heart hurts, but it lets me cap my chaos resistance with Atziri's Promise up. The mini Herald of Ash is nice too... I guess. I'm considering on replacing it with a well rolled Unset Ring so I can ditch my boots for an Atziri's Step. It'd allow me to 4l my boots or allow the (mythical) 6l still function with 4s3l pair of boots.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I like what you've improved on your passive tree(s) overall. The only thing I think you're missing is the Endurance Charge in the Marauder Area. One of the points leading into it grants "0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per Second per Endurance Charge" which is huge for our regen and leech.

On a side note, I found that leveling with a Windscream, Doedre's Damning, or a +1 Additional Curse Amulet is a game changer. Having Warlord's Mark + Poacher's Mark on packs of mobs or bosses really gives you the life and mana leech that you need to sustain Cyclone with Auras active. It's by no means a "cheap" method, but it'll make anything not curse immune or named Doedre/Malachai a complete cakewalk.
Last edited by Atsuta on Jul 22, 2015, 1:04:27 AM
If anyone want to use immortal call with this build, I found propably best way to do that.
cwdt(low lvl) + ice nova(low lvl) + CoH(high lvl) + Warlord's mark(high lvl)
cwdt(low lvl) + immortal call(low lvl) + increased duration(high lvl) + we can put there whatever we want(flame golem is not that bad)

Pros:
It's nice boost to survability, especialy against rare monster or big packs of monsters
Cons:
We lose 7-8 gem slots, just for immortal call setup

You can run warlord's mark without IC, indurence charges are sometimes better then IC.

In my opinion GGG should change cwdt, gem shouldn't be weaker with higher lvl.
My idea of this gem is that should work on % hp.
e.g on first lvl its 50-60%hp on 20lvl its 20%hp, or sth like that.
Hey man, double check your Gems and Links, it doesn't look like anything is updated! Correct me if I'm wrong :)
Can't understand why you've taken life/reduced mana nodes over life and chaos res, the reduced mana nodes do nothing so a total waste imo.
Absolutely loving the build so far. Couple questions, though.

You made a change to not run Hatred/Herald/Haste. Are the points saved enough to make up for the DPS loss of not running Herald of Ash anymore? I'm currently running the old setup with the jewel to make up for no Enlighten, but if my damage will overall be higher without that investment, I'll make the respec.

Also, I was able to get 5L a Daresso's Defiance. Since I'm using this for my chest piece, would it be worth dropping a jewel socket to pick up an Endurance Charge +1 node? I already have the +1 from helping Oak, giving me four total. Wondering if a socket is worth losing to go to five, or even going further and losing two sockets to get six. What are your thoughts on this?

Yo, great guide buddy, helped me a lot.

Question: I got lucky and a BoR dropped for me. The damage boost is massive, sadly it disables my Daresso's Defiance. I don't know, is there anything against using the BoR, or should I go with another setup? You didn't list the helmet as a useful unique.

Also, what about Facebreakers instead of

?

Cheers
Last edited by Scyo on Jul 22, 2015, 5:06:21 AM
"
Lighty wrote:
Check the updates section, stuff has change, mainly passive trees.

Thank you so much :D
Will definitely try the new skill tree and gem setup.
Your gem setup still suggest the HoA and double aura build while the text above it says you should run haste and hatred only. What other gems would you suggest using / whats your current setup?
i spend quite a fortune already in corrupting enlighten 2s cuz i cant stand the leveling :D
So i started experimenting with jewels. Bought these jewels for 1-5 chaos each:

Each of these gives me between 1k-1.5k tooltip DPS, which is quite nice. Took about 5 passive points to get those 3 jewel slots.

I also dumped haste. The dex requirement is just too high to justify it imho. Trying to decide what i gonna use besdies hatred+HOA.
Last edited by blastarus on Jul 22, 2015, 9:04:45 AM
Is it really necessary to use the Secondary Setup even if you don't have Kaoms yet? Don't want to spend to much currency for another linked item :)

Also is it better to use Fluid Motion/Brute Force Jewel’s than get out stats req from gear?
Last edited by tyvar1 on Jul 22, 2015, 2:47:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info