(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Alright, the passive tree seems to have changed. We used to take both jewel slots (the 8% physical damage and 16% armor prerequisite ones). Now we only take the physical damage one. Is there a reason for choosing the phys damage? I'd think 16% armor would be weighted higher than 8% Phys damage even on SC?
"
Starky158 wrote:
Alright, the passive tree seems to have changed. We used to take both jewel slots (the 8% physical damage and 16% armor prerequisite ones). Now we only take the physical damage one. Is there a reason for choosing the phys damage? I'd think 16% armor would be weighted higher than 8% Phys damage even on SC?

I just looked at it, and while I haven't put much thought into it so far, I'm guessing that when he remade the tree, Lighty put more emphasis on survivability over damage, as indicated by fleshing out the Constitution cluster and changing the Duelist starting path from Melee Phys to Armor, Evasion and Life.

Again, just guessing here, but since Ascendancy has dramatically increased our damage potential, we don't need as much of that, and he's preferring life instead.

The tree has always had a great deal of flexibility though. If you have, or want to craft, good jewels, feel free to take the extra sockets instead.
Hi again, any feedback on the Elemental Focus gem for this build? is it worth it?
Hey, what would be the best Curse to go with Blasphemy?

I'm not sure what to pick
zzz
Last edited by lazycalm2 on Mar 13, 2016, 10:02:02 AM
Hey I'm playing on Hardcore Perandus League.

Level 67 Juggernaut atm. can't decide if I should play a rare armour with tons of base armour (around 2000) and pick up the double body armour note OR use something like belly of the beast / lightning coil and don't pick up the double body armour note...

Any ideas? thx
"
Jokix10 wrote:
Hey I'm playing on Hardcore Perandus League.

Level 67 Juggernaut atm. can't decide if I should play a rare armour with tons of base armour (around 2000) and pick up the double body armour note OR use something like belly of the beast / lightning coil and don't pick up the double body armour note...

Any ideas? thx

Lightning Coil is generally better if you make sure to cover the resists, but it's important to remember that it's base armor is much lower, which will lower your physical mitigation. Although the Phys-Lightning conversion still comes out as a plus, it works that much better when you have a higher base armor.

Short version is that Armor has diminishing returns (the more absolute armor you have, the less your % goes up, try using a Granite Flask at different armor values and you'll see what I mean). This means that if your total armor is already high, it's not that big of a loss using Lightning Coil over a 2k+ rare Armor.

I haven't looked at Juggernaut too much, so I can't say with total certainty, but Unbreakable is pretty straightforward: the higher armor value, the better it is. Also important to remember that you only benefit from half of the node, because Cyclone already provides stun immunity.

So if you are using Lightning Coil, I'd suggest Unrelenting or Unyielding instead (Unstoppable if you're movespeed is <30%). Unrelenting is nice because it double dips with Lightning Coil's physical to lightning conversion, and both will help increase your damage, which Juggernaut lacks.
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Hey, what would be the best Curse to go with Blasphemy?

I'm not sure what to pick

Same as normal, Warlords Mark*, though I really suggest using a low level CWDT instead, as the guide suggests:

Blasphemy reserves a lot of mana, so you're going to lose either Hatred of Herald of Ash, which is a significant damage loss.

CWDT is free, procs constantly, and Warlords Mark doesn't really benefit from being high level, since we use it for Endurance Charges rather than Leech.

*I haven't tested it, but if you're playing Juggernaut, it's possible you could be generating enough Endurance Charges on your own, so you can try swapping Warlords Mark for Vulnerability. I'm not keen on relying on the 10% chance however.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 13, 2016, 2:22:31 PM
Hey guys/gals

Heading to the San Francisco meetup now so hope to see some of you there. I'll be responding to questions once I get back to the hotel later tonight. I'll make sure to tell Chris to make blasphemy 25% reservation and prevent you from auto attacking when cycloning into walls.
Love,
Lighty
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 13, 2016, 3:00:57 PM
Hey Lighty,

First off, amazing guide, stumbled across it while looking into a few things. Guess the reason I am posting is I have seem to run into an issue, and I am sure it is my noob ass messing something up. I am trying to run AA, HoA, and Hatred, (basically as you show in the guide) doing this obviously results in 100%MR. With that I was curious to if Imm. Call/Molt Shell would still proc. with 0 mana, If not then what am I doing wrong, or does/is enlighten something need to make this all work.

Also with CWDT, I understand the purpose of it being lvl1 (procs earlier) the question revolves around the lvl it supports, then again, I may just be reading it wrong. <--Edited this in while playing, my apologies.

I apologize again for the noobish question, as it seems I was unable to find anyone else with this issue, haha.

~Vygun

p.s Have Fun In Cali!
Last edited by Vygun on Mar 13, 2016, 4:25:28 PM
"
Vygun wrote:
Hey Lighty,

First off, amazing guide, stumbled across it while looking into a few things. Guess the reason I am posting is I have seem to run into an issue, and I am sure it is my noob ass messing something up. I am trying to run AA, HoA, and Hatred, (basically as you show in the guide) doing this obviously results in 100%MR. With that I was curious to if Imm. Call/Molt Shell would still proc. with 0 mana, If not then what am I doing wrong, or does/is enlighten something need to make this all work.

Also with CWDT, I understand the purpose of it being lvl1 (procs earlier) the question revolves around the lvl it supports, then again, I may just be reading it wrong. <--Edited this in while playing, my apologies.

I apologize again for the noobish question, as it seems I was unable to find anyone else with this issue, haha.

~Vygun

p.s Have Fun In Cali!

CWDT doesn't use mana. As long as the attached gems are within the level range, it will work fine with 100% mana reserved.

Regarding levels, this build runs 2 CWDT setups. The first is low level for Warlords Mark, because we really only use it for the Endurance Charge, and we want it to go off as often as possible, to curse as many enemies as possible. Therefore you'll generally run a level 1-3 CWDT and low level Warlords Mark.

The second setup is for Immortal Call/Molten Shell. For this setup, we want a higher level CWDT for two reasons: 1) We don't want Immortal Call going off constantly and wasting Endurance Charges, and 2) Immortal Call and Molten Shell both have good returns on higher levels. Because of this, the second CWDT will be higher level to support those higher level gems.

To match those gems, keep an eye on the level requirement. The level CWDT requires to use is the maximum level it supports. In other words: A level 10 CWDT requires player level 56 to use, and supports other gems that require up to level 56, not the gems level. This means a L10 CWDT will support an Immortal Call up to L12.

Hope that answers your question.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info