(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
k0pfschuss wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
Okay so let me explain how Lightning Coil works and why its insane. So 30%/40%(legacy) of physical damage taken is converted into lightning damage which is mitigated by your lightning resistance. So you take 75% less of that 30%/40%(legacy), this effectively mitigates 22.5%/30%(legacy) physical damage taken. The amount of armour you would need to mitigate 22.5%/30%(legacy) of physical damage taken is way higher than the ease of running Lightning Coil. Now this operates the same way for Taste of Hate and Redblades Helmets and stacking these types of backdoor mitigation is extremely strong. The main thing you want to be aware of is that if you ever get cursed below 75% lightning res you will get chunked for more than the normal amount due to the conversion. Also ( but less often ) you can be shocked since your receiving lightning damage but it seldom occurs from personal experience.

Now regarding your gear; its mostly all very nice. Maybe try and upgrade your jewelry and work your way towards a rare rustic sash with a high WeD roll. Both of these things will/can be expensive but you've gotten to the "true endgame" of poe; the min/maxing. Atziri Disfavour is a great investment and the price should go down with the addition of the Last One Standing card and the general lack of removal/destruction of the current axes out there. im curious to what ilevel your weapon is and if its 73 or 83 there may be some merit to self crafting it given the already 6L.

let me know what questions you have and progress you make!

Thanks for the response. After I purchase the Disfavour, sounds like it will be worth it to figure out how to rework my gear to make up the resists and accommodate the lightning coil. Definitely replace the amethyst ring (at the cost of a bit of damage), but what else becomes harder. I have some time to think about it at least.

I saw some 6L Disfavours listed (both on poe.trade and in trade chat) for 38 ex. Just a few days ago the lowest I saw was 40. Definitely coming down

Yeah the longer you wait the lower the price will get. I cant imagine cyclone every being more popular than it is now and there will only be more Disfavours as time goes on.
LightyGaming.com
Hi there,

First of all thanks for the amazing guide.
My question is you got a breakdown for HC leveling trees on BM keystone 2H axe.
But I don't see one for without the BM keystone.
Is it because BM keystone in HC is better than without?

Thanks
"
diazken wrote:
Hi there,

First of all thanks for the amazing guide.
My question is you got a breakdown for HC leveling trees on BM keystone 2H axe.
But I don't see one for without the BM keystone.
Is it because BM keystone in HC is better than without?

Thanks

I personally like BM Keystone for HC better but overall I believe its worse than running (hatred + hoa + aa) and the support bm gem. I can add a leveling breakdown but basically you prioritize life > damage, very similar to the normal passive tree.
LightyGaming.com
Thank you for the quick response!
"
diazken wrote:
Thank you for the quick response!

Anytime buddy, let me know if you have any more questions, comments or concerns.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
im curious to what ilevel your weapon is and if its 73 or 83 there may be some merit to self crafting it given the already 6L.

Finally remembered to check and the ilevel is 73. Maybe someday when I have currency to burn I'll attempt this.

Also, after rereading your guide I realized that my cyclone setup was not optimized at all and updated it. Took out Life Gain on Hit and Faster attacks and dropped in Added Fire Damage and Weapon Elemental Damage, went from ~40k dps (with auras, blood rage, frenzy charges, taste of hate) up to ~58k dps. I'll probably rework some things though because I'm only at 5k life. Not that my survivability has been bad, I just probably don't need that much damage if it means sacrificing more life. I'll at least work some more %life into my jewels when I get my Atziri's Disfavour and have to replace the ones with Mace stats

EDIT:
Passive tree for life nodes was out of date, too. Now just under 5.2k life
Last edited by k0pfschuss on Nov 4, 2015, 6:26:45 PM
"
k0pfschuss wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
im curious to what ilevel your weapon is and if its 73 or 83 there may be some merit to self crafting it given the already 6L.

Finally remembered to check and the ilevel is 73. Maybe someday when I have currency to burn I'll attempt this.

Also, after rereading your guide I realized that my cyclone setup was not optimized at all and updated it. Took out Life Gain on Hit and Faster attacks and dropped in Added Fire Damage and Weapon Elemental Damage, went from ~40k dps (with auras, blood rage, frenzy charges, taste of hate) up to ~58k dps. I'll probably rework some things though because I'm only at 5k life. Not that my survivability has been bad, I just probably don't need that much damage if it means sacrificing more life. I'll at least work some more %life into my jewels when I get my Atziri's Disfavour and have to replace the ones with Mace stats

EDIT:
Passive tree for life nodes was out of date, too. Now just under 5.2k life

Nice and sounds good. I found that being over 40k-ish tooltip really wasn't needed unless im running in a party or doing uber; rather play it safe than rip the 10% exp.
LightyGaming.com
My Darkshrines character. Can you give me some criticism and tell me where to go next?

Last edited by jebose on Nov 5, 2015, 12:57:15 AM
"
jebose wrote:
My Darkshrines character. Can you give me some criticism and tell me where to go next?

In order of what I would do..

• If you haven't already;20% quality and roll your flasks
  • 6 socket your weapon
  • 5-6 link your weapon
  • make weapon 20% quality
  • Get body armour: Lightning Coil > Kaoms Heart > Belly of the Beast > Daresso's Defiance
  • Get Taste of Hate
  • Start Min/Maxing Rares, all of them :p

After all that I would save currency for dumb temp league shit that I enjoy blowing my currency on..
  • Jack In The Box Sets
  • Atziri/Uber Atziri
  • Buying/Rolling High Tier (13-15)Maps + Zana Mods
  • Chancing League Exclusive Items with Zana ( Headhunter,Volls devo,Shavs Rev )
  • Self Craft an Op 650+pdps weapon after hoarding crafting supplies

Goodluck and let me know how it goes!
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 5, 2015, 1:28:23 AM
I'm running Cyclone in Darkshrine SC too. Can't believe I have never ran a cyclone char before.
It's been really smooth so far, it's nice to have a tone of leech and tankiness - last few characters have all relied on positioning and smart play - which I am not too good at!
Currently running off bloodmagic keystone, which keeps things nice and simple - probably not going to spec out for quite some time (at least till I get a 5 link). Actually finding it hard to see the advantages of using the gem instead, must be missing something as that is what everyone recommends - arctic armour doesn't seem that good to me?
Still only level 52, and my gear is all self found junk, apart from this axe that someone brodealed me for a fusing (Did find a prismweave that I was going to use to craft one, but doubt I'll bother now!)

Not bad - should keep me going into dried lake Merciless while I save for a decent Kaom's.

What do people recommend now for Merciless Bandits? Frenzy charge? Am even tempted to go for the one in the duelist area too, but that might be points better used grabbing a jewel socket.

Carl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info