(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
believers wrote:
Alright, thx alot for that input! :-)
Here's boxsalesman's thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1389758/page/1
I feel like he's skipping some damage and Rampart. I think it looks better than lifting's tho.

There isn't much to go off of in his guide from first glance but ill take an in-depth look at it shortly.
LightyGaming.com
"
dagoncrowgg wrote:
The berserk armour in the front post KREYGASM

Berserk indeed

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 26, 2015, 5:42:52 PM
Other Cyclone Builds Mentioned By You Guys

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 26, 2015, 10:27:55 PM
"
"
Lighty wrote:
So this is what I would run for either SC or HC. I would go axe passive and get a kaom primacy (20-30c first few days) if possible @58-85 then swap for a 550pdps+ axe or disfavour. Focus on getting 30% movespeed boots and if your lucky a Lightning Coil. Stockpile all your alts/fuse/jews for 6s5l your first 350pdps weapon and farm dried lake till 75ish and stockpile maps for better flaskback combinations (ambush,beyond ect.) Maybe a mings @5-6k life.

• Main Setup: Cyclone - life gain on hit(drop@15ktooltip) - blood magic - fortify - melee physical - added fire - weapon elemental
  • Aura: hatred - Herald of Ash - Arctic Armour
  • Movement: Leap Slam - Bloodmagic + faster attacks + vengeance
  • Utility: Increased duration - bloodrage - bloodmagic - enduring cry
  • Defensive: cwdtLV1 - chaos golem - enfeeble - immortal call

Thank you so much for the reply :).

With regards to the Level 1 CwDT would the Immortal Call not be constantly eating the 7xEndurance Charges and making our suitability worse?

Also some like Fortify in Leap Slam if we're leaping into packs to initiate - I guess switch it for Vengeance (and pop it elsewhere in a spare socket from the hopeful 2x6 Sockets.

With all the Armour nodes on the passive tree (looking at your Axe HC one) - would Determination late game be worth the switch?

Would also like to theorycraft some passive choices - comparing your tree side-by-side with Etup's passive tree - I'm interested to get your thoughts on Unrelenting vs your choice of Hematophagy/Rampart and so on.

You can run a high level cwdt setup aswell (or in-place of lv1) [ Cwdtlv20 + Molten Shell + Immortal call + Increased duration/Golem ]

I will always run fortify in my main setup. Maybe having [ endurance charge on melee stun + stun + leap slam + vengeance/bloodmagic ] or even [ curse on hit + curse + leap slam + vengeance/bloodmagic ] as a means to ease initiating mob packs

Personally I don't think determination is needed after endurance charges, fortify (with/without rampart), lightning coil and 30-40% armour phys reduction. Hatred or HoA+AA or Haste is a better use of 50%, even grace

I only suggest going unrelenting if you don't intend to fill out or progress on the scion life wheel, other wise it grants you access to more life nodes if that your goal later on. I personally am in the school of thought that's pro hematophagy/rampart although the difference isn't game-breaking either way, I prefer the leech and augmented fortify buff
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 26, 2015, 5:50:56 PM
Mind if I ask what your opinion on haste is for this specific build? Looked around and have only seen negative comments on it outside of SRS builds. Wouldn't I get more out of HoA+AA or something similar? I assume the move speed is critical in clear speeds or am I out of the loop here with this?
Last edited by wutisthisIdonteven on Sep 27, 2015, 11:36:37 AM
"
Mind if I ask what your opinion on haste is for this specific build? Looked around and have only seen negative comments on it outside of SRS builds. Wouldn't I get more out of HoA+AA or something similar? I assume the move speed is critical in clear speeds or am I out of the loop here with this?

Almost strictly for movement speed but gives a mild dps boost. Its nice to have when easily clearing maps as cyclone and as long as your not dying and basically one-shotting most everything, it adds raw clearspeed in the form of moving faster. Basically unless your pushing 60k+ pdps run [ hatred + aa + hoa ]
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 27, 2015, 10:51:03 PM
Thanks for this information. I was gone for a while and when I came back I didn't initially know that ST had been so thoroughly trashed. I continued using my Marauder 2H ST to Merc Dry lake - but now its showing its incompetence. I am looking into speccing out (althoguh I love range, I don't see anything as fun as Spectral Throw afaik) and moving into Cyclone. Hopefully it wont take too much re-speccing, but I know I have to get more life and Blood Rage going. Here's my current, pathetic tree:

Any help would be appreciated!
"
magusat999 wrote:
Thanks for this information. I was gone for a while and when I came back I didn't initially know that ST had been so thoroughly trashed. I continued using my Marauder 2H ST to Merc Dry lake - but now its showing its incompetence. I am looking into speccing out (althoguh I love range, I don't see anything as fun as Spectral Throw afaik) and moving into Cyclone. Hopefully it wont take too much re-speccing, but I know I have to get more life and Blood Rage going. Here's my current, pathetic tree:

Any help would be appreciated!

Well converting your current tree to a 2h rt mace cyclone tree will probably run you around 25-30 regrets which isn't that bad. ST isnt dead; its perfectly fine for crit dagger still :P
That being said if your looking to transition similar gear post what gear your using atm for RT ST and ill tell you what needs to be updated.
LightyGaming.com
Thanks for the guide. Going to try it out :)
Shout out to Phaymousb for my beta key
Hi there! I'm following your 2h Axe Tree and i was wondering if i should still pick up bloodless if using this
and where should i put the points instead?
Last edited by Zynamo on Oct 1, 2015, 7:22:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info