(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Pongard wrote:
I hope someone can help me out again.

I am at level 53 and running into mana problems. I don't have good equipment, and need my slots for damage gems rather than a blood magic gem. My question is, would it be a mistake to put a point into blood magic on my passive skill tree, and respec it later with a refund point as soon as I found a weapon with enough connected slots?

Also want to mention - great build, like playing it so far :)

Thanks in advance!

If your having damage issues at lv53 running the basic cyclone 4 link [ Bloodmagic - life gain on hit - fortify - cyclone ] the issue is most likely your weapon, which should get resolved once you hit 58 and use kaoms primacy. You can get the bloodmagic notable but you will gain more dps by running [ hatred - herald of ash - arctic armour ] & using the bloodmagic support gem. Getting a 4 link isnt difficult and 100% you would have seen plenty by the time you reach lv53.
LightyGaming.com
"
I have around 12k tooltip dps at this point with all the buffs(fortify, blood rage, hatred, haste).

I was playing around and realized that I put Faster Attacks into my 5L instead of Increased Melee Physical. Right now I run two auras and level up Melee Physical and Haste.

I'm wondering if Haste makes it all better.

Here's my gear so far:

Here's my Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABS0FPAd1CZYJuwxfDc0OPBDwERoUIBRNFHEYkRo4G6ocpxzOIVUnICcvK1As-zkOOlJAoEd-SHhJ1VBHU6VXVFnzXhNfP2FSYxdlTWhYaGVyqXNrdO12f3aseu97jHzZfuCCB4TEhNmE74VShmCHaonYiiKQVZBsk6iXeZ5XqSeplKyqrY2vp7yfvTa-p8CmwQfEFcRYxPbFU8auz37XfteW2WHZfNrB3DLcPeRR6hjrCe8O707zb_Pd9kj3Mvjr_Ev-VA==?accountName=Blueberrywizard&characterName=Flamenstein

Well im not exactly sure if/what the question is but! Haste is predominantly used in softcore when you have a very high pdps weapon and want to up your clear speed. If you asking if haste is a more multiplier and somehow benefits the faster attacks support gem past its normal potential the answer is no.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:

If your having damage issues at lv53 running the basic cyclone 4 link [ Bloodmagic - life gain on hit - fortify - cyclone ] the issue is most likely your weapon, which should get resolved once you hit 58 and use kaoms primacy. You can get the bloodmagic notable but you will gain more dps by running [ hatred - herald of ash - arctic armour ] & using the bloodmagic support gem. Getting a 4 link isnt difficult and 100% you would have seen plenty by the time you reach lv53.

Thanks for the explanation. I am currently using Fortify, Melee Physical Damage, Cyclone and life fain on hit.

So is getting blood mage as a passive skill wrong? I mean I can easily set it back later can't I?

EDIT: And thanks for the hint with the auras. They work great! But now I am even more in need of mana, and I am tempted to skill blood magic :) Also I don't get why the build doesnt get that skill. Is it because it also influences auras, which you don't want?
Last edited by Pongard on Aug 27, 2015, 5:32:23 PM
"
Pongard wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. I am currently using Fortify, Melee Physical Damage, Cyclone and life fain on hit.

So is getting blood mage as a passive skill wrong? I mean I can easily set it back later can't I?

EDIT: And thanks for the hint with the auras. They work great! But now I am even more in need of mana, and I am tempted to skill blood magic :) Also I don't get why the build doesnt get that skill. Is it because it also influences auras, which you don't want?

If you get the bloodmagic keystone and the life behind it you can only ( if any ) run herald of ashe, which is fine. But you wont be able to run hatred or other auras. With the bloodmagic support gem you can reserve 100% of your mana for aura [ Hatred - herald of ash - arctic armour ] and have no need for mana.
LightyGaming.com
Ok, again thanks for your answer I think I got it - Running 3 auras is better than being able to have an addtional damage booster gem instead of the blood magic gem. Also I save a passive skill point to spend elsewhere.
"
Pongard wrote:
Ok, again thanks for your answer I think I got it - Running 3 auras is better than being able to have an addtional damage booster gem instead of the blood magic gem. Also I save a passive skill point to spend elsewhere.

The difference isn't massive either way and if you are going to get the bloodmagic keystone make sure to get the 3 life nodes behind it; that's also a large factor in the decision and beneficial in hardcore.
LightyGaming.com
I'm doing the build now, but was wondering have u thought of Bronn's Lithe?
Again, I wish to convey my thanks for this build to the OP.

My guy is currently level 86 and doing well and now I am looking for some fine tuning to this guy and trying to find out if this idea is possibly viable.

I have be been using:

Life gain on hit - simultaneously I have been leveling life leach. I switched out the Life gain for the Life leach a few levels ago, but still leveling the other in the background.

My question is this: Do we reach a point when we do not or "need not" have this gem in our weapon.

"Without" --> Life Gain on Hit - or - Life Leach on my character:

Resists are Maxed
Chaos is at -2%
HP = 4964
Life regen is 360.1 sec
Physical life leech is 1.4% & .2% to physical
Rarity: 122
Dps = 32k +++

I have died twice in the last 5 levels and one of those deaths was a total surprise, have no idea how it happened and the other was fighting 1,000 spiders and the boss in the end of a map, forget the name. Both times I did not have on either of those life helping gems.

Maybe I answered the question myself, but as others have voiced in the past, it was something in the game and not me, to explain away the death.

My thinking is based on my weapons ability to cause bleeding and this builds ability to tear things up:

The gem I aim to put into my weapon is "Bloodlust" -- or would it be wiser to leave in either of the two (Life gain on hit or Life Leach)and put the blood lust in with vengence and remove Stun? If Bloodlust results in what I think happens, my dps would increase a ton, --- I think..

Also if life gain is more suited for this build than life leach, let me know but please explain.

Here is my gear:

Please note - the dps does not change on the tool tip with any of the three gems above placed in the weapon. Also whichever gem I put in gets +2 levels due to the weapon.

Im working on changing out my gloves - both rings & amy to increase my life - figured I could possibly add an additional 150 - 200 to maximum life without too much difficulty and obviously lose lots of rarity. By level 90 I hope to at or just above 6k hp.

The only quality gem is my cyclone, but with 1ex - 2divine & 12chaos funds are a bit tight currently. I have a couple Gem Cutters but really not sure which gem to work on first and so on.

I can only imagine what this guy will be like in standard after this league ends. With the gear there and the IIR/IIQ gems, the possibilities are crazy looking. Please don't get me wrong, I have no regrets starting this guy in Warbands, especially when my weapon hit the ground this is by far the best drop since I started playing years ago and to top it off my acne cleared up overnight ---> coincidence -- I think not.. :)

Oh, btw, thank you Lightly, for the little dancing diddy you posted in your response to when my weapon dropped. Yes, there is a resemblance...(:

Your thoughts?
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Aug 28, 2015, 11:56:32 AM
I wonder which bandit is the right to kill on the last difficutly level? Can someone help me out? Also how do Endurance Charges work, I am not familiar with this mechanic?

Kill All (Passive Point) or Oak (+1 Max Endurance Charge)

Thanks!
On page 1 under BANDITS the OP suggests taking the 1 end charge --- IF your going HC or Atziri

OR

Take the +1 passive

Endurance charges are associated with strength and represent a temporary increase to the ability to endure pain during combat. They are visualized as glowing red orbs surrounding the character.

Bonuses granted by endurance charges:

+4% Physical Damage reduction per Charge
+4% additional Elemental Resistances per Charge

The physical damage reduction stacks with the damage reduction from Armour, so that they are both applied at the same time. For example, if a monster deals 100 damage, and you have 8% Damage Reduction from two endurance charges, and enough armour to prevent 30 of the 100 damage, the incoming damage would be reduced by 38.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Aug 28, 2015, 12:16:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info