please remove Standard League

If GGG so Hate Standard League.

Why not just remove Standard League ?

In the world , no one people like standard league.

Just remove Standard League , please.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Sorry the dice rolled 6.

If you haven't gotten your handbook on "how to balance PoE, the board game" order it now!

dice roll 6
Move the entire standard league to jail. Remove reduced mana from aura reservations.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
play2013 wrote:

If GGG so Hate Standard League.

Why not just remove Standard League ?

In the world , no one people like standard league.

Just remove Standard League , please.

Well, I already proved your theory incorrect since I actually like standard league, and is my home in PoE.

Edit: My sarcasm detector was not detecting sarcasm since it feels like this thread is in-between. That camouflage.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 6, 2015, 11:55:20 AM
If you no like standard league, you no have to play it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Hyperbole is not your friend when trying to construct an influential argument.
Are you sure? Because if what you're saying is true, the Internet has been doing it wrong this whole time.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
They don't actively hate Standard. It's easy enough for them to allow those characters to live on the server and continue out their lives for a while and us players get varying amounts of enjoyment from this.

The problem (if there is one) is that GGG doesn't actively balance for Standard. Standard is just "whatever happens when the temp leagues are modified and updated". Standard gets legacies sometimes, or sometimes not. Whatever change made it work on the next temp league.

They should de-emphasize it and they should make it clear that while they would love to support both, their model of iterative development and balance doesn't mesh with permanent leagues.
De-emphasize it? How can they de-emphasize it any more than they already do? When you make a new character, the default league is the challenge league, not standard. This period between the last league and the coming leagues has been an anomaly. Usually the time between challenge leagues is much smaller. i would bet the majority of charcters in standard now didn't start out in standard.

I don't really see how they could put any less emphasis on standard besides always having a challenge league running.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
i would bet the majority of charcters in standard now didn't start out in standard.

I don't really see how they could put any less emphasis on standard besides always having a challenge league running.

I'd still bet that the majority of characters on standard were indeed created on standard and not some left over character from a temp league.

They should always have something going on with 1-2 weeks maximum of downtime, if the poe beta has shown us anything its that people love to participate in short term or longer term events\races\leagues\ects.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
pneuma wrote:
Standard is just "whatever happens when the temp leagues are modified and updated". Standard gets legacies sometimes, or sometimes not. Whatever change made it work on the next temp league.

Idk about others, but thats what I love about Standard.
"
mark1030 wrote:
De-emphasize it? How can they de-emphasize it any more than they already do? When you make a new character, the default league is the challenge league, not standard. This period between the last league and the coming leagues has been an anomaly. Usually the time between challenge leagues is much smaller. i would bet the majority of charcters in standard now didn't start out in standard.

- Change the name to Legacy League (and Vintage League for Hardcore, as a cute nod to M:tG).
- A warning on character creation if Legacy/Vintage is selected.
- Stop running PvP events on Legacy/Vintage entirely (which they appear to have fixed).
- More aggressive "league dumps to Void League" for all races, specifically multi-week interim races/leagues.
- BotWs should exclusively come from temp leagues.

That's about it, off the top of my head.

"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
Idk about others, but thats what I love about Standard.

Yeah, I'm not sure the current Standard is a problem at all. The only real "problem" is people misunderstanding what Standard is; expecting a balanced, curated economy and permanence. It ain't that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info