Buff Apep's Rage in 2.0 - the changes are rendering it irrelevant

I think we should add the 50-60% projectiles speed and do elemental damage converted to chaos. That would be a slick wand.

But if that fails, gain onslaught on kill for 5 seconds would be good to =)

I think it needs either a slight buff or a cool game mechanic. Both would be fine.
"
rokki82 wrote:
"
Sphen wrote:
Fair point, but I think if they were to simple buff some of the values a bit, you wouldn't have a big issue with legacy versions demanding huge prices.

well, your thinking is sort of wrong. if they buff an item that makes it better as NON legacy, why would anyone keep the legacy one then (or demand more for them)?

You're stating my point, that is exactly what I mean. You say I am wrong and then re-state my point. I think you misread my post.

Leaving an item underpowered means both past and present versions are undesireable. Buffing it in fairly linear fashion at least gives present copies viability.

Of course no one would want the old, weaker ones, but isn't that problem pretty minimal compared to having the most desirebable version of an item being legacy?

I spoke under the assumption that the bad side of legacy items is when they are overpowered and prices and availability keep rising as demand exists while supply diminishes. Having old bad versions doesn't screw with balance and economy in nearly as large of a manner. Then you just treat the old ones like rares you outgrew. They just have gold text.

Are you implying that having overpowered legacy versions is preferrable? And that an item should be left in an unbalanced, weaker state just to avoid making the old ones look worse? That doesn't help anything, and is a poor reason to pass up balancing something that needs it.

Shouldn't GGG want to fix what they can? Leaving an item too weak does no good.
Last edited by Sphen on Oct 14, 2015, 11:15:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info