Eternal Orbs

Yes!! Éternal was really bad for the game.
Yolo exalt is Back !!!
I don't understand why are some people, who basically never crafted anything or don't even play standard, so happy about this change.

To me, if someone has invested 500+ eternals and 2 years of his life in crafting an item, he should have the best item there is. I can look up to that guy and realize that impossible is achievable, and I could strive to that goal. Also, I like the idea of using some strategy to get the most out of my time, and increase possibility of getting something I want. With pure rng this game reminds me of the lottery, which I am not a fan of.

Also I don't like the idea of some lucky bastard copying something in which someone has invested so much, for just a couple of exalts. I don't like the copying idea at all.

If everyone had to craft their own perfect item, there would be no eternals left. And don't believe that someone would invest so much in crafting if he couldn't profit from that later.

And one question for the end. Would this be eternal+exalt worthy if there were no changes with eternal orb:

"
mare6600 wrote:

And one question for the end. Would this be eternal+exalt worthy if there were no changes with eternal orb:

No, because its not Zodiak Leather.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
"
bersi23 wrote:
"
mare6600 wrote:

No, because its not Zodiak Leather.

Of course it would.
People wouldn't want to mirror it, though, because it's not "the best possible base".

-_-

I hate the average PoE player mentality.

I've said it time and time again: Remove (or limit) mirrors. Leave Eternals be.

Eternals are actually good for people who want to craft their own items, good for people who don't want a 100% rolled item, as well as self-found players. (A self found player might find 2 eternals in their entire play time, but I think those would be put to good use... maybe even the "intended use" of attempting a 6l without losing your 5l)

Also: Most of the eternals used nowadays are leftovers from duping leagues and the time when eternal drops were more common. I am 100% sure the drop rate was nerfed at some point. (This explains the: "Eternals aren't being traded" comment on reddit as well)

This change will not be a change at all... Because, hey, the crafters have already stockpiled on eternals when the new t1 mods were announced. And people in temp leagues trade their eternals to people who are only playing the leagues to increase their standard wealth.

TL;DR:
-Eternals would actually be good with mirrors gone.
-Eternals aren't used in temp leagues because people want to transfer them to Standard
-Crafters on Standard already have stockpiles of Eternals, so this "change" doesn't change anything in the economy.

All in all, too little, too late, GGG.
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
Last edited by Ravenstrider on Jul 8, 2015, 8:59:53 AM
"
mare6600 wrote:

Given that the cold resist is T2... That's not a perfect resist setup. Once you loosen up the need for 3xT1 resists, and note that it's only 5L...

Item's only worth 5-6ex as it is, and most of that value is STILL from the fact that it's 5L/6S. As for eternal+exalt, if you insist on using that yourself, sure. But "crafting for profit" only occurs if someone actually can mirror and item. And with it not being Zodiac Leather... No real chance. You'd spend FAR too much, and still, at best, barely hit 2k evasion. No one really cares much about that movespeed; it's that 2.2k evasion that people want to mirror.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
It's probably been suggested, but when you bring Eternals back, why not have them give the item they're used on a mod that disallows a second eternal orb?
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Jul 8, 2015, 10:11:49 AM
"
TehHammer wrote:
It's probably been suggested, but when you bring Eternals back, why not have them give the item they're used on a mod that disallows a second eternal orb?

amazing idea, really.

seen that for mirrors but not for eternals.

but i would allow 2 or 3 eternals.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
mare6600 wrote:

Given that the cold resist is T2... That's not a perfect resist setup. Once you loosen up the need for 3xT1 resists, and note that it's only 5L...

Item's only worth 5-6ex as it is, and most of that value is STILL from the fact that it's 5L/6S. As for eternal+exalt, if you insist on using that yourself, sure. But "crafting for profit" only occurs if someone actually can mirror and item. And with it not being Zodiac Leather... No real chance. You'd spend FAR too much, and still, at best, barely hit 2k evasion. No one really cares much about that movespeed; it's that 2.2k evasion that people want to mirror.

I was never talking about crafting something for profit/mirroring. Just to use it myself. How lucky I would have to be to get for example flat evasion T1 or T2 from 5 sternal-exalts? Or would it be more economical to just buy a better item for those 5et/ex?
"
Aerinqq wrote:

So, weapon is just 1 slot, that is no more important, then the other slots, right? U would rather mirror a belt, boots or w/e, that will give ya minor advantage (cos its much easier to find a replacement, that will costs 20* times less and wont have such a big impact on your char) rather then mirror a weapon, that will triple your clear speed? Your logic makes 0 sense...

I never said weapons are the only things to get mirrored, again, thats something u said. I said that without eternals/mirrors, there wouldnt be any desirable 6T1 items cos to produce such item its expensive beyond belief and only a few ppl with near unlimited wallet can do that and without mirrors, they would have no reason to do so.

Obviously some items (like the helmet u posted) are much easier to craft then others, but its very niche market. Ok forget weapons, what about rings like Maelstorm grasp Diamond Ring, Rune Medallion Onyx Amulet, or if u want armor lets talk about something like Demon Shround Vaal Regalia. Whereas it might be a bit cheaper to craft such items then mirror worthy weapons, its still insane amount of currency and trying to craft something like this without eternals would be next to impossible.

so many fallacies.

1. you pretend that people can only have ONE mirrored item.
2. you said these things "never" happen. they do. i provided one real example of such. at that point, you were already proven wrong, definitively.
3. you pretend that only offense matters... STILL.
4. you pretend that someone with 250 ex to blow on a weapon doesn't care enough about the other 10 slots to invest in? yeah, ookkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
5. you pretend that there aren't hundreds of 6t1 gg items... that aren't weapons.
6. now it's crafting without eternals? they're legacy, not unicorns. you already got confused enough to switch the premise - we were arguing about crafting without MIRRORS.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Ravenstrider wrote:

TL;DR:

-Eternals aren't used in temp leagues because people want to transfer them to Standard

lol ? nice bullshit... you know most of ppl wich play temp league dont play standart ?
Last edited by Dazoul on Jul 8, 2015, 12:46:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info