Eternal Orbs

I've never been an end game crafter, but I imagine eternals did trivialize things a lot. Seems like a good change for the health of the game.
Idiotic change. Really.

Major crafters stockpiling thousends of eternals (you all know who I mean) are laughing their asses off reading about this change.

Now they have the power to really demand exorbitant prices for their crafts and NOONE would be ever able to keep up in order to BALANCE economy.

Chris Wilson, I really don't understand why you're making standard league so worthless to play.

I'll just switch to temp league since GGG is literally destroying every efford to achieve sth in this game.

I'll also stop supporting this game for a while.
IGN Soultakerr
nice ....

I think Ventorr's, AXN's and all who have mirror services and want use crafting in 2.0 -> crying :D
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
I think this change is on the whole great for the game. However, i think the damage has already been done. No one would have ever expected perfect items had the eternal orb not been introduced, but it has and we therefore have to live with the consequences.

My suggestion is therefore thus:
Temp leagues = no eternal drops.
Perm leagues = stay as they are now.

This way, people who want to have perfectly divined 6 T1 items can have them (in standard / hardcore) - and the people who like the challenge of the the challenge leagues can have them too.

Id even say stop mirrors dropping in the challenge leagues - and possibly increase the drop rate of exalts to compensate for both orbs not dropping. The increased exalt drop rate will mean people wont be as salty getting a life regen roll on a 3T1 equip, and may just try again with another exalt. Plus it would give standard people a reason to play the temp leagues. My gut thinks that an exalt should be around 5 chaos. I know id spend them on my current gear if that's the price they were. Plus it's not like there is ever any mirror worthy gear that comes out of these leagues (unless of course someone has a currency dupe method).

Cheers,
Morgal

good step vs future rmt , but not best one , best is delete Mirror from POE, and this is solution for all craft problems.
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
wow, there are going to be so many god damn legacy items after this patch.
1. remove Mirror of Kalandra
2. up Eternal droprates
3. up Exalted droprates
4. ????
5. crafting fixed

Spoiler
Well, there goes my coc-dagger project. Meh, whatever.
"
Idiotic change. Really.

Major crafters stockpiling thousends of eternals (you all know who I mean) are laughing their asses off reading about this change.

there is nothing idiotic about that change, imo the intention is to limit top crafter's abilities to mass craft top end items. even if they have dozens of eternals in stock their ressources will be depleted after some time.

i think ggg underestimated the economic realities, players don't use high end orbs themselves, they mostly using them for trading which forces the majority of this currency into the hands of the top crafters who dominate the market.

such imbalances are always bad for a game, where's the fun in playing the game if it degrades you to be the grinding slave for some talented top end crafters/players?

removing the eternal orb provides the basis for ggg to make the game more fun for everyone in the future. i'm sure about that.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Now, disable the existing Eternals and make them vendor for 5ex or so. Why did you guys fixed half of the problem?
♠RaGoN♦
One thing... people are going to be playing the shit out of 1.3 in hopes of getting one to drop before Friday.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info