Eternal Orbs

Best economy change ever. Its a shame it already "ruined" the permanent leagues economy. Keep up the awesome work!

Edit: changing the max ilvl (79-82) an eternal can be used on could prevent the crafting of perfect gear with the new mods right away in the permanent leagues (standard mostly) and at the same time it wouldn't take away their current utility except race reward items (ilvl 100).
Last edited by KuroShi on Jul 6, 2015, 4:54:04 AM
I might be beating a dead horse here, but I think the real problem is the value gap between exalts and mirrors just got bigger. Everyone seems to forget that the main intended purpose of currency items is to modify/craft gear, why not get rid of mirrors and make crafting available? No flood of mirrorables like when eternals were introduced/duped and the whole player base get's to enjoy every aspect of the game. Calm down, there will still be "rich" people in game. Imagine crafting a 6t1 item without the existance of mirrors, you now have an item that's easily 5 times more valuable because it's "unique".
To me it seems the only thing this does is making all the whiners with their 6x t1 crafts happy. Nobody will be able to craft gear better then the gear they have, even if better gear is theoretically possible. Without eternal orbs, that gear will never surpass current top items. Seems abit like a lazy change.
Pls remove mirrors! They did their great job (as well as eternals) so that now we see standard all ripped.
Ok so what is the long term plan now? You dont want us to get lvl 100 you dont want us to craft. You dont like us playing maps so you nerf map drops to the ground. WHAT is it you do want?
want us to play to lvl 50 and start over?

IMO you should give an better explanation of what you do want what are you aiming at? First things you should explains is what happens to people who choose a card that gives Eternal orbs? Second thing you should explain (right away with a change like this) is what are you going to change to make crafting such a pain in the ass without eternal orbs. and indirect with a change like this comes trading to mind how are you going to "improve" that yes with " because it might as well be a nerf again. I would not be surprised that you guys would stop sites like poe.trade to "improve" trading...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
Very, very bad news. I spend about 20 eternals on a bow before the news and it was very long and hard farming. Now i can only dream about finishing that bow. I think my money will no longer drop for GGG to.
No respect for my time and money. SHAME GGG!
I think the removal of Mirrors would be a more valuable change. With this change the Standard economy will be even more wrecked in terms of monetary imbalance. The impact on leagues will be good, but then you could also remove mirrors as well.
Great job GGG.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
I'm very grateful to you GGGs for what you've done to eternals. Thank you so much. With this change the game is defenitely getting better in terms of balance.
i wonder how many eternals the usual suspects were able to stockpile before this announcement....probably enough to crat something sick after the launch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info