What build are YOU doing in the Expansion?

Hi guys! I usually make a thread asking what build other people are doing in the upcoming Ladders and such. So, This time. What will you all be playing in the new expansion? It's always cool to see the different builds that other people plan on making, Seeing all the different type of builds really gives you a different perspective!

So, I'll go ahead and list the builds me and my buddies are thinking of playing. (I will put them in a spoiler so if someone that doesn't know the new skills doesn't get spoiled what they are)
I play with 3 other people and their builds so far are...

Spoiler
1. Wild Strikes - An absolutely awesome ability in my opinion! It's quite a unique skill. You have a MELEE ability that is kind of like a caster also. Being that you shoot different elements as you hit. (My brother will be playing this)

2. Frost Blades - Also, another unique ability. It's like a basic attack that shoots out icy projectiles. Quite a weird ability because it has no base damage increase. But, a cool concept really. The only thing I hope for this ability is that if it levels up, It gains more additional projectiles.

3. (Me) I am torn between a few abilities right now. I'm thinking of going between either Reave, Ice Crash, and Split Arrow. So, I'm not 100% what I want to play yet. Hopefully I can figure it out before the last minute :P

4. And my last friends I play with hasn't decided yet. He normally plays the "OP" of the season. i.e Snoring bond when it was popular, Flame blast, and the likes. I'll try to update this one when he decides on a build though.

By the way, All of us will be playing in the Hardcore League. So, What will YOU make? Include the league you plan on joining if you'd like also. I hope you guys are as excited as I am for the expansion! Hope to see you all in Wraeclast.
IGN @ Lowken
Hardcore Player
Played since December 31, 2012 and long time supporter of everything GGG.
Guess its best to spoiler, cause beta!

Spoiler
I made lot's of builds in beta so far, some failed and some turned out pretty good. My most recent seems to be the best though.. I completed all content on HC by level 70 and could clear tropical map in 5 minutes too at that level (did not have time to take it further), so I will play that unless I can squeeze out a good build before Friday with the new skills to test before release.

So currently I plan on playing my 1H + Shield Ice Crash Tank Duelist! In tempest league.

A note on Frost Blades in regards to your post.. I can not be sure, but if it is dealing 100% base damage at level 1, it will not show unmodified damage. So if it deals say 101% base at level 2, it will show after it levels ;)
Last edited by Varkorium on Jul 4, 2015, 7:55:09 PM
Going to start out with a NewAndImproved Tempest Shield build... probably facebreaker/dominating blow based.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Going to start out with a NewAndImproved Tempest Shield build... probably facebreaker/dominating blow based.

Loving the look of new Tempest Shield. I have not tried to make a build making the most of it yet, but I do have it on my cwdt to buff my block build, which seems really nice!

Good luck with it on release, should be interesting.
1st 2 characters will be Flame Totem and Cyclone, not sure which will be first ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I'll have to test frost blade first but I'm thinking crit dagger w/ shield probably Shadow. I will also look into duelist.
Some kind of high life/armor RF caster. Hopefully magma nuggets if that meshes well with RF, otherwise I'll default to incinerate.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
I'm thinking block/spellblock with Ice Crash, but a part of me wants to abuse permanent Surgeon flasks one last time before they inevitably get nerfed the next major balance change.

I was also thinking about doing a Vaal skill build using all those vaal-buffing jewels, but it looks like Vaal Storm Call got nerfed (souls required got doubled). I might give Vaal Lightning Strike a go though since I heard it got buffed. Does anybody know if the debuff continues to zap nearby enemies if you kill the initial enemy?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
I haven't made up my mind yet, I haven't been playing the beta for the last month or so and am not up to date on all the new items, skills, and I'm not confident that the current skill tree will even be the final skill tree.

My initial desires though are to use skills that I've avoided due to desync and see if I enjoy it. Additionally I've really not played any Duelist characters so would be interested in tackling one this time around. Oh, and make it melee seeing as that is intended to be viable in the expansion :)
Thinking 2h cyclone marauder with 7 endu charges(8 if corrupted belt), lots of life, dmg and fortify. Seems good to me.

Or.. 6 endu charge, acro+grace 2h cyclone ranger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info