How to approach the new expansion?

Hello PoErs, I have a question regarding the new expansion coming out on Friday.

I have made quite a few characters in the past and mostly made-up the skill builds myself to varying levels of success, however I decided to follow a guide for my latest character using static strike and 4 auras.
After a giant mistake of forgetting to keep the 4th aura up, My dps has risen from 12k where i was stuck for a long time up to 16k and as Wrath finishes levelling i should see closer to 20k.

With a small test in a tabula rasa, my 6th link gem Faster Attacks would add significant damage putting me closer to the guide's dps estimate of 28k.

Here is the guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1120204

But i have a quesiton, is it even worth investing some exalteds in getting a decent 6link or should I use the currency to start a new character (Mathil's fakener looks fun) since I heard that in the Awakening it will no longer be possible to run 4 auras due to some of the skill changes.

If 4 auras is no longer possible, I think the build would lose alot of it's power and I'd make a new character or focus on another one.

I'd really appreciate some feedback so that on Friday I can dive in to the new content and maybe start farming some divination cards.

Thanks a bunch
Last edited by Angry_Raziel on Jul 4, 2015, 3:02:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info