Is there a point to actually Dualwielding weapons rather than using one as a Statstick?

This is something I wondered about. It seems like most of the prolific Dualwielding builds I see use statsticks rather than actually using two weapons. Furthermore, stuff like Ice Crash, which will be by far the best melee build, only works with the Mainhand, so everyone will just use Prismatic Eclipse or something in the offhand, making the issue even more prevalent.

So I was wondering: is there any point to actually Dualwielding anymore? Will Awakening help people who actually use both their weapons?
"
K0rrupted wrote:
So I was wondering: is there any point to actually Dualwielding anymore? Will Awakening help people who actually use both their weapons?

Awakening doesn't really change much in dual wielding department. Cleave and Dual strike are still pretty much the only reason to use two good weapons instead of one with offhand stat stick.

If you're looking for realism, main hand weapon and a parry weapon in off hand was a much more common way to dual wield through history, but you probably aren't. And if you thought that getting a full DW bonus if not actually using both weapons is kinda silly, I would agree. It should be just block chance.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 3, 2015, 7:13:26 PM
"
For dual strike? Hell yes

Hell yes indeed.
And cyclone. And spectral throw(if you're dual wielding for the massive dps boost).
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
I am a bit confused by OP post. Does holding a support secondary weapon such as prismatic or soul taker not still count as dual wielding? Are you not still affected by all those imbalanced dual wielding passive nodes? What exactly is the definition he is suggesting here?
"
K0rrupted wrote:
This is something I wondered about. It seems like most of the prolific Dualwielding builds I see use statsticks rather than actually using two weapons. Furthermore, stuff like Ice Crash, which will be by far the best melee build, only works with the Mainhand, so everyone will just use Prismatic Eclipse or something in the offhand, making the issue even more prevalent.

Well that is the only use of prismatic eclipse, it has less dps with 3 red socket than a lower level rare...

Btw i agree, the stat stick thing is a bit sad, a lot use soul taker in offhand just so they can spam shit with tha mainhand, saving 1 socket from bloodmagic or just want to reserve all the mana.
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 4, 2015, 4:39:46 AM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I am a bit confused by OP post. Does holding a support secondary weapon such as prismatic or soul taker not still count as dual wielding? Are you not still affected by all those imbalanced dual wielding passive nodes? What exactly is the definition he is suggesting here?

His point is there's no point in actually alternating weapons, it's cheaper and better to get one good weapon, pick a skill that lets you use only one of your weapons and use the other as a stat stick. There's absolutely no advantage in using two equally good daggers for your Reaver over getting one and using a mace or axe in off.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Well if that is his question then that is the way dual wield is meant to be isn't it? To be abused.

I think it is quite an abuse to benefit from dual wielding passives while you are not truly dual wielding.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info