[2.0 HC/SC] Wolder's Blood Magic Burning Discharger Scion/Templar

signed SirSid same thoughts about it
Sure, SirSid, I'm mostly agree with you.

We sure can sometimes discharge from distance but we can't maintain it like 100% of the time. Sooner or later we'll get hit - either it's ranged packs or fast rare with TC... Or especially bosses. From my experience anticipation of not being hit due to constant micromanagement is not as reliable form of defense as armor or shield block.

So I see like 0 reason to go without WB + fortify. It gives so much and takes so little.

Solo or even few targets without endurance charges... Well, it's just aweful. Flameblast sometimes kills 68's rares with 3-4 stacks where burning damage deals the most. But I found charging high stacks flameblast a bit dangerous and low stacks easy to miss. Hell, I can 1 shot 68's unique with flameblast's direct damage only without burning. I personally don't think that anything will work better with EE other than flameblast. It's still bad for us, but it's the best we've got.

"
casitas wrote:
Sure, SirSid, I'm mostly agree with you.

We sure can sometimes discharge from distance but we can't maintain it like 100% of the time. Sooner or later we'll get hit - either it's ranged packs or fast rare with TC... Or especially bosses. From my experience anticipation of not being hit due to constant micromanagement is not as reliable form of defense as armor or shield block.

So I see like 0 reason to go without WB + fortify. It gives so much and takes so little.

Solo or even few targets without endurance charges... Well, it's just aweful. Flameblast sometimes kills 68's rares with 3-4 stacks where burning damage deals the most. But I found charging high stacks flameblast a bit dangerous and low stacks easy to miss. Hell, I can 1 shot 68's unique with flameblast's direct damage only without burning. I personally don't think that anything will work better with EE other than flameblast. It's still bad for us, but it's the best we've got.

Yha i totaly agree with what you are saying hear , even though i play on softcore mode this is mostly dew to whare i live ( my internet conection is total shit and can't be relied on for anything ) when im in the city i play HC mode but then when i go back to the country i try to play MY HC toon to die to a random DC or some other form of major lag on my end.

So even though i play on SC mode i take the HC mode aproch to characters. Iv always said it and always will unless major changes happen "flameblast is total garbage" i hate the skill i hate the mechanics and i hate the way it plays. As i use it more i get better at it but still the same problems presist.

As for the tank i say deffinatly go for fortify , personal im going for self cast molten shell as the buff it provides is perfect for guarding against mobs stunn locking yha + it's up 100 % of the time . I don't have to take damage to triger it . This build is all about predicting the incomeing damage and being rdy for it. But as we all know sometimes POE throws a wreanch in the plan when that is concerned , so for me having a large armour buff up 100 % of the time that if trigered to explode kills evreything on screen is just what the doctor ordered. I still have to get the skill rolled onto my gear ( problem hear ) but i have more than enoughf room to fit it so should just be a matter of time .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
I never played a build like this before but it looks really good.

I have an idea for killing boss's

First you do fire discharge like you normally would. After that you swap to Romira's Banquet and use incinerate to get fast non crits --> power charges. The boss's lightning resists will be lowered because of the fire discharge.

How does this sound? Never tried it so i dont know if this will work out.
"
royvisser1990 wrote:
I never played a build like this before but it looks really good.

I have an idea for killing boss's

First you do fire discharge like you normally would. After that you swap to Romira's Banquet and use incinerate to get fast non crits --> power charges. The boss's lightning resists will be lowered because of the fire discharge.

How does this sound? Never tried it so i dont know if this will work out.

i would like to try it why not . Don't have to cash to do so however as they pretty expensive in my leuge.

Normal map bosses are no problem as they die to 1 discharge 90 % of the time. The problem is the dangrous bosses that don't alow you to build charges or have mobs to prolif to the boss. Hence you are kind of stuck , getting sort of close to prock EE , then running away and trying to get off a money Flameblast. It seems really hit or miss if you can do this in a safe way or not . + since you are scaling fire /burn damage switching to a lightning or clod based attack would be gimped since you are speced to heavey on 1 damage type vs spell damage/cast speed .

1 thing i will say is as i gain more experiance using this setup killing bosses is becoming much better as i can manage charges / Flameblast / EE better.

I'm liking the idea of Whirling Blades + Fortify as a strong layer of defense a lot. I'm going to try it out next week with Leap Slam (since I'm using Doryani's) and let you know how it goes. Just have to be careful not to land right in the middle of the pack...

I'm not having many problems with bosses, Ball Lightning + Flameblast is really strong and allows me to keep the distance while igniting. It takes some experience how many stacks of Flameblast to go for but the fights seldom take very long.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
K i got self cast molten shell running , works like a charm. Much safer to manuver around packs and skill is still low level , will get much better. Also makes 1v1 fights more managble as you have more time to build stacks for flame blast vs fast melley bosses.

Hit level 84 today and the 5.1 k HP mark

Hears my tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAA3UEswYOCaoJ9g3NDjwSaRRxFxwYaho4HM4c3B0UIbAlvCcvJ-0o-itQLdIulDT3NZI5UjrYOuE8BUGHRtdN41gHWHdZ818EY_1mnmjycXlxhXIPcql2rHrmgpuCx4uMjxqPRpBVkSuRzpeFmK2aO5uhna6fPp_fogCmV6cIrJisqq-nsUK3PriTu-3AZsCaxPbPftR82L3ZfNn82rnbT9-_4MPqGOvu7DjvfPAf8WzyRfcy99f46_nd-ej60v4K_o8=

Im going to get the last life/armour life chaos resist nodes and the 2 close jewler nodes till 90 , then think about respecing to unwavaring stance ( or perhaps early if i feel i need it in higer end maps will find out when i get thare )

My gear and gem set up
Spoiler

got a nice regal on a jewel today the fourm won't let me link it for whatever reason but it's HP % area damage % ignight chance/duration Think this is sort of the jewel i will be aiming for.

@scrooge

Yha for me whirling blades won't work cuz i can't give up the staff , no 1 hander that i know of can get burn damage let alone 70 % of it . But if you are using Doryain's septer won't that not work with whirling blades , you need a blade for that skill if i remember right ? I supose if you had a GG spell damage dagger you could use it , but it would have to be a crazy rolled dagger to make it work , and i don't put any value on crit in this build since you shater trash mobs with cold fucking up your prolif.

I would like to at least try it with leap slam but since you get no attack speed in this build i bet it's going to be mehh. Also im totaly in love with flame Dash , it's 1 of my new favorit skills and it works perfectly with this build .

bump
Hey guys so I'm one of those niche build kinda guys and I was trying to get a power charge discharge build and came across this and thought it was SUPER cool. So far I've made it to around lvl 40 and been able to actually discharge/flameblast/EE pretty well solo. My main question is about gearing:

I tend to try and self find most of my gear with the exception of a few uniques (which my builds usually revolve around), but I feel like the survivability is pretty low in the core build (Doedre's Scorn and Blood Dance). I was wondering whether Gang's Momentum and Hrimnor's Resolve would be suitable replacements especially because they give burn/fire damage increases and relatively solid defenses? Again, I've read this whole thread (a miracle honestly, since I normally never look up builds), and know that burn damage is the most essential for damage, but I'm not sure how much you need the frenzy charges from blood dance.
Hrimnor's Resolve seems pretty solid instead of Doedre's. Gang's Momentum, on the other hand, looks rather subpar. You don't NEED Blood Dance boots for this build to work, so if you're worried about defenses just get some boots with movement speed, resistances and a high life roll instead (or something like Atziri's Step or Rainbowstride depending on your preference).

I think a bigger problem about defense with this build is the lack of a high armour shield which would require you to give up Searing Touch for Doryani's or something else.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info