Drop/experience Rate is it worth working on?

Hello people! I am a "new" player to the game, and I have played only 1 character to level 86, and I noticed that there are no drop rates or experience tables anywhere? I know they would require a lot of work or info from the devs, but I love statistics and numbers so I wouldnt mind starting to work on one right after act 4 rolls out. Here is a "prototype" I am thinking of using in google sheets, the drop table/exp rates would be available for everyone and people can make their own remarks and send me their numbers, and if they are even remotely the same I will sum them up and we can work on the numbers together as a community. Please tell me what you think about it.

In my own opinion, with info like this, you could plan your experiencing a lot better, like "I can clear a level 66 map this fast and gain precisely this much exp and potential items". I know a lot of things need to be added to the sheets to make it complete but work must be done to make it perfect. Please express your opinion if this is useless and so on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YD7u0QRzVXMpK3f0sOgA3XSHFj_23nZWeyixTQLjOgQ/edit#gid=750873863
Last edited by Eldubs on Jul 3, 2015, 3:55:25 PM
Kids... turning games into a job since 1995.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

And you are one of those children, if I like something who are you to judge? Am I asking money? No, I just want to do this while I play because I get enjoyment out of it, who are you to judge?
"
And you are one of those children, if I like something who are you to judge? Am I asking money? No, I just want to do this while I play because I get enjoyment out of it, who are you to judge?

Good response... just keep carrying on doing what you're doing. I personally don't do things like that because it turns into a job for me pretty easily but if you enjoy it go full speed ahead. I'm sure there's quite a few other exiles here that can help you out with info and stats.

And most of all... Happy Hunting out there...
If you find yourself disagreeing with something I've said then you can take solace in the fact that you are no longer alone in the world.

"Give me fuel... Give me fire... Give me Aul that I desire..."
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Men... getting attention in forum because real life has nothing interesting since 1995.

Love,
Bunny
Last edited by Aalhamas on Jul 4, 2015, 5:09:49 PM
It's ok idea. I personally enjoy stuff like that more than playing a game (sometimes), so I can understand ya.

More than one year ago I have asked about this on stackexchange ("too broad question"), and then in this forum: With the result of there actually being such a list of exp rates!!! But I deleted all my huge database and link collection about PoE some time ago - haha tons of voluntary "work", because it's fun ;)
So I really can't say anymore, where this list is. Afaik in the wiki; just keep asking (there are always naysayers), some dudes certainly know about it (or find it yourself)!

Anyways, since some time has gone, of course the data will probably be outdated; so nothing against some fresh exp data, especially in 2.0 :P

p.s. The wiki has a discussion page at each article, aswell (so when you find it...)
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Jul 4, 2015, 7:52:34 PM
"
Eldubs wrote:
...people can make their own remarks and send me their numbers, and if they are even remotely the same I will sum them up and we can work on the numbers together as a community. Please tell me what you think about it.

Not exactly accurate data gathering.

Have fun!
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Jul 4, 2015, 8:32:41 PM
here is a list with monster xp from the wiki
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Monster_Experience
Here are good news for Exp-tracking-lovers:
"

Quality of Life Improvements

In The Awakening, we've gone through tens of thousands of feedback posts and implemented the most frequently-requested improvements. You can now scale the chat window, see an in-game clock, highlight items in the guild stash, track experience-per-hour, see an item's internal level while holding alt, and enjoy many more Quality of Life improvements.

Just a fyi that fits very good to the topic imo.

p.s. Great the TO doesn't seem to be looking into this thread anymore, thanks at the troll? I probably wouldn't too if the first post was that way (making you expect more of it).
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Jul 9, 2015, 7:47:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info