Why is PvP wealth-gated while the races aren't?

"

Also I am not sure Arc would fair well against max spell block build,
but I never had enough currency for HLD so you probably know a lot more about this.

block is useless in pvp nowdays unless you are a caster.

Here the thing, Arc can chain *for sarn vs many players around* + if you use the block gem + block reduction crafted on items People with block will have like 30 ish block max even if they where capped before.

Then with arc you can also use a shield and tempest linked with chaos damage skill and lighting pen.

Any melee user using quick attacks like cyclone without block pen would then 1 shot themselves on reflect. And if you link arc+pen gem + use curses you can put players at close to 0resist and penetrate their block with the block gem pen.

Arc also shock when u crit, you just need to target the ground front of you and you can spam lighting warp if melee hurt u too much....

Make the math currently the only build able to kill a well rounded arc+ tempest user need to use a legacy kaom if melee, use traps or use EA

Ps: for now only lighting skills are too op for casters but soon with the new unique helm with fire penetration on it, even fire casters will be able to 1 shot any players around using molten shell+tempest+ some other fire skills.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 3, 2015, 6:52:38 AM
"
"
mephisto_n wrote:
Second, it'll let you find the optimal builds and setups without any effort, which again hurts the longevity of PvE.

How exactly? Viability of a build in PvP has absolutely nothing to do with its viability in PvE, and you won't be allowed to bring a char with PvP gear into regular content.

You can test any setup and build for pve with these infinite currency. You are taking a shortcut to find what's the best skill tree or gear setup for pve.
Yeah, they should really just offer blank gear for PvP. Let you make a PvP char then pick the stats you want on your gear (so that you can make any type of char you want). Make everything unmodifiable and non-tradable. Every piece should have the exact same ilvls, and non-random rolls (they should all have the same level of affixes / suffixes after you choose them).

This really wouldn't be that difficult. You can just make some new masters that offer crafting stuff specifically for pvp chars. Let's say you get a bow. You can choose all the typical stuff your hideout alter has, except it's not random and you can have 4-5 of those enchants. Make all gear have a set amount of slots, maybe 5 linked on chest / weapon with 3-4 linked on off-slots. Offer all uniques that are available with that level requirement and lower, and you could even put a limit on how many uniques a char can equip.

You can't just give unlimited currency or people will sit around all day spamming rolls on items, then the winner will be whoever was the luckiest that day.

If you want BALANCED pvp, that's how you have to do it. It's completely non-negotiable. As it stands, the guys that have 20+ qual gems, perfect low-level yellows and rare uniques are the ones that do the best in pvp (assuming low level pvp, which most people play). I don't really need to go into high level pvp... you need to be 100 in the first place to compete, which is just stupid. Then it comes down to whoever has the best gear, with the top guys typically having 40-50 mirrors worth of gear, if not more.
"
Ixoziel wrote:
I don't really need to go into high level pvp... you need to be 100 in the first place to compete, which is just stupid. Then it comes down to whoever has the best gear, with the top guys typically having 40-50 mirrors worth of gear, if not more.

Like I said, HLD is "easy" and don t require mirrored gear if you are not melee. Just use EA, traps or block+tempest caster.

Those 3 builds are "cheap" and you can be top 10 just using those broken skills.

-A level 70 arc casters can one shot my melee level 100 fully geared because as a melee I would need Kaom leg just to survive the pen gems .

-EA users with fire pen can one shot 15k es users using walls explosion.

-A trapper just need to use pen gems + cleaver construction then run around and wait for you to die running after him.

Imo from those 3 type of cheap build EA is the most powerfull of all

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 3, 2015, 6:50:55 AM
"
mephisto_n wrote:

You can test any setup and build for pve with these infinite currency. You are taking a shortcut to find what's the best skill tree or gear setup for pve.

You can create the gear for it, sure, but you cannot actually test it in PvE environment, as I mentioned multiple times.
Which makes this process pointless, at least in my eyes.

lolozori
I actually never realised EA was this powerful, wasn't it's damage vs players reduced at one point? At least that is what I remember from some time ago. Seems like it wasn't enough.

So basically in HLD it is more of a problem with skill balance.

But for any phys weapon user it is still a matter of gear, as a difference between budget 5L bow and a mirrored 6L one would be enormous.

"
You can't just give unlimited currency or people will sit around all day spamming rolls on items, then the winner will be whoever was the luckiest that day.

I was thinking more of permanent gear, not just for one match/event. But yeah that creates a problem of people rolling it endlessly. It is however still miles better than what we have now.

A selection of pre-set mods which are available for crafting for PvP-only gear seems like a much more elegant solution.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info