Would PoE be great on Next Gen Console?

Would PoE be great on Next Gen Console?

Yes Or No or Maybe.

Please tell only your opinion.
Last edited by staby1 on Jul 1, 2015, 5:46:23 PM
Yes and no but maybe?

Would cost too much for it to be worth it
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Playing this game with a controller sounds like an absolute nightmare. No thanks.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Nah, with all the skills/flasks etc. (and Chris slightly hinting at a skill bar swap button for added skilltasticness), you'd end up being stuck with either a wonky controller layout or the need for selection wheels. It wouldn't be a viable option for the sometimes intense and fast paced nature of the games combat.

You could possibly rework the skill system and flask system a little bit to accommodate it, but it would have to be a pretty elegant rework for it to be a similar experience to the PC version.

Agree with Wretchyplops, the development costs would be prohibitive and the potential for financial success on the console format probably doesn't justify it - there would be an expectation of a higher level of graphical fidelity, as well as significant adaptation and upgrading of the netcode to work with the propriety systems MSoft and Sony have in place. Those are massive cost barriers.

I would better suggest a sale of the license to an interested developer for the consoles/mobile systems, and let them take on the risk. But, we'd probably end up with a diminished product, and that could hurt the long term viability and reputation of the PC version.

I see no real upside :(
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Diablo 3 worked on consoles because the game was dumbed down to cater specifically for a console port.
"
viperesque wrote:
Playing this game with a controller sounds like an absolute nightmare. No thanks.

You can play this game on your PC with a controller it's just a little tricky to setup. I tried it, and yeah.... it's a bit of a nightmare. Mostly it's a total pain the ass to pick up loot once you get used to controlling the cursor with a button.
Which Next Gen Console are you talking about PS4 or Xbox one
"
staby1 wrote:

I think he meant the wiiU. Id love to play inventory tetris on my tablet controller
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
staby1 wrote:

I think he meant the wiiU. Id love to play inventory tetris on my tablet controller

Really you had to go There
"
staby1 wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
staby1 wrote:

Really you had to go There

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info