Why not give info to big media sites like IGN and PC GAMER

"
TheWretch wrote:

But they made bank by selling access to the beta. It was a mess for sure. Next time, i'd say maybe save the hypetrain for when the content is ready. Or if you want to do an extended beta, let everyone in. It was handled very poorly and I hope they learned from this process.

I'll bet they made that bank from people currently playing the game, and not brand new players. That's the problem. They didn't cast a wide enough net, and they did it too soon. They need to be more creative with a small budget for their own sake. A professional should be able to help.
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
GGG kinda blew their load early

Diverted funds towards "Marketing" instead of the game, cool.

Yeah, because if you pump more money into same amount people as before, you're going to get more stuff done. Absolutely.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
This thread is ballers.

GGG effectively made people go "please GGG take my money".

I'd say they did quite alright.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
"
Barivius wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

But they made bank by selling access to the beta. It was a mess for sure. Next time, i'd say maybe save the hypetrain for when the content is ready. Or if you want to do an extended beta, let everyone in. It was handled very poorly and I hope they learned from this process.

I'll bet they made that bank from people currently playing the game, and not brand new players. That's the problem. They didn't cast a wide enough net, and they did it too soon. They need to be more creative with a small budget for their own sake. A professional should be able to help.

You think they should try to bring in Kate Upton from the Game of War commercials, and maybe make a mobile PoE app? I heard she only cost about 40 mil or so

No way m8 id go with Mr. T.!!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

I think that's good enough!
Last edited by Aalhamas on Feb 21, 2016, 5:22:19 AM
"
"
Barivius wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

You think they should try to bring in Kate Upton from the Game of War commercials, and maybe make a mobile PoE app? I heard she only cost about 40 mil or so

Come see Kate Upton, she stars as a freshly rolled scion in the movie: The Desolation of Merveil :)
Anyone with a bit of a brain doesn't visit such sites and doesn't trust any information provided by them.

I don't think many players who visit such sites as IGN would be interested in PoE, most of them are AAA-sequel consumers.
PoE is not a sequel, and not an AAA game, so it will hold little to no interest to such people.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 3, 2015, 9:22:39 AM
"
coatofarms wrote:
I don't have experience, but how hard could it be to create a cinematic trailer? Remember this D2 trailer from 1998? It was awesome. It's epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxnWjyvmpnI

It is hugely expensive for a cinematic CG cinematic trailer. And very difficult. The rate of return per dollar spent isn't really ideal either.

I'm not seeing anything much separating the SotV and awakening trailer...
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"

Overall, Kripp's probably done more for this game than 'big media sites' and I'm willing to bet the target audience for this game are going to trust him over review sites whose integrity remains a sore point in this day and age.

Very true!

I would also like to add that as a gamer I do not trust IGN or PC Gamer to write unbiased reviews. I trust streamers and friends a lot more....that is after all how I found out about poe in the first place.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
i'd trust more on streamers who actually played the game for a while than IGN or whoever big company there is. i've seen them review games 7-9/10 on the most terrible games you could've imagine

maybe it's odd to see one streamer giving his words instead of every game getting PC console/ign/pc gamer etc reviews, but still ALOT of Krip's viewers/new viewers know about PoE because of him and he did alot for GGG in my opinion
what up cuzz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info