What is your opinion about new globes?

"
Hey everyone!

Some of the comments in this thread seem to be wandering dangerously close to misogynistic territory, which as I'm sure you're aware would fall under the 'Discrimination Against Others' forum guideline; a tier one offence.

Please be sure to keep your thoughts on this topic respectful.

You can take a more in-depth look at the forum guidelines here.

"
Necrogue wrote:
Do you even know what misogyny means? It means dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

There has been none of that in this thread.

Wanting woman statues in the UI is not misogyny. Even if people were sexualising the statues, it is not misogyny. Disliking feminism is not misogyny.

News flash humans are attracted to each other. If people can not tolerate male attraction to women then that is hate towards men.

This is why I think modern feminism is ridiculous and if you want to ban me for saying that then go ahead.

"
Zaqwert wrote:
One of the major reasons I play PoE is because GGG has NOT adopted typical hyper sensitive, politically correct non-sense that is plaguing the gaming industry these days.

If GGG goes SJW / politically correct I will have interest in PoE anymore and I'm sure many others would agree with me.

The fact you're flippantly throwing around meaningless SJW buzzwords without any regard for what they actually mean is already a big red flag.

Completely agree and its very clear to me why the UI was changed. It is also clear to me since the new community management/team took over it has all been based on hyper sensitivity and the need to make themselves look busy.

The threats being thrown out by staff is mind blowing.

Looks like Rachel was the one trolling and gas-lightning, I wouldn't put it past radical third wave feminists. Who mods the mods?

I'm also very worried about my personal information and the safety of my account in the hands of these people.

A lion and bunch of skulls? really?
Give me Atlas and a warrior, forget the priestess and guardians of life and mana if that's what they want. Then we can hear them complain how they are not "represented"
Last edited by RootCookie on Jul 14, 2015, 2:14:15 AM

why is this even a thing? it's a UI element. it doesn't affect your gameplay, or how you enjoy the game in any way.

this is a petty, pathetic, first world, entitled thing.. and it shouldn't be a thing. [/quote]

Eh there is so much wrong whit your statements i dont even know were to begin.
The visuals of a game r and always have been a big part of the gameplay, dont get me wrong i dont think it is the most important thing but it still has a large influance on how you experience a game.

AS for your second statement.
R you kidding me how is this a petty first world entitled thing?
Who is entitled here? I think you have no idee what that word means, but moving on.
This is about censorship and having vieuws of other imposed upon on you, namely the sjw and femenist vieuws,cause there is no doubt in my mind that that was a factor in changing the ui.
In the west there is freedom of speech and expresion that means if we wanna see tits in our game we should be free to do so no matter what others may think of that,and certainly their vieuw of how things should be should never be imposed upon you.(They r ofc free to protest against it in forums or other means), but never should their idiology be forced upon others.

It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
The new UI is so bland, generic and unoriginal, it could be used for any diablo clone, even one whith a joyful settings.
the old one was almost the trademark of the game, you can feel the vibes of poe just looking at it.
If you give an inch to SJW they will take the whole galaxy and ask for more.

Uninstalled
IGN : Anal_ravage
I just don't see what a lion has anything to do with this game. Sure the "slave girls" prolly don't have much to do with the game either BUT the lion just seems WAY out of place.

The girls could seem sexist I am sure, but I wish they would have put a bit more effort into the new look...it really looks stupid.
"
VomitChrist wrote:
I just don't see what a lion has anything to do with this game. Sure the "slave girls" prolly don't have much to do with the game either BUT the lion just seems WAY out of place.

The girls could seem sexist I am sure, but I wish they would have put a bit more effort into the new look...it really looks stupid.

If people see them as sexist that is their problem and prejudice.
I did not see it as sexist.

Is Atlas sexist? To me they are the same concept with different styles.

What is wrong with saying that the ladies where carrying the burdens of life and mana, guarding and protecting from evil. A high priestess. How is that negative or sexist? The fact people see chains and a woman and see a slave is projection.

Are you telling me people saw the ladies and where like, look at those slaves, being forced to carry your life and mana? Wow they let you die, clearly the fault of women. If so that is their problem, and is your projection.

And do I really have to say sexuality is not sexism?
It fits the lore and the genre; everything is about context, which people don't care about anymore as-long as they can make themselves feel better.

This all boils down to the censorship of art, in the name of political correctness and feelings with no care or respect for context or true meaning.

You know what, like I said before, give me an Atlas type holding up and pulling life and mana, topless, in chains. As far as I'm concerned women have lost out just because a few made others feel guilty.
Last edited by RootCookie on Jul 14, 2015, 3:51:15 AM
"
RootCookie wrote:
The fact people see chains and a woman and see a slave is projection.

Chains = slave...is projection? No, I'm pretty sure that's just a basic ability to read symbols.

(inb4 PETA)
"
thescyphozoa wrote:
"
RootCookie wrote:
The fact people see chains and a woman and see a slave is projection.

Chains = slave...is projection? No, I'm pretty sure that's just a basic ability to read symbols.

(inb4 PETA)

Lets open our minds a bit shall we.
What if I told you she made her own choice to chain herself to life and mana. To represent the burden and weight she carries with her all the time.

What has that got to do with slavery? Again you removed context for no other reason but to make yourself feel better. I even set the scene and you chose to ignore it.

All you have done is prove my point.
Last edited by RootCookie on Jul 14, 2015, 3:34:57 AM
The game is chock full of themes of torture and suffering (that is part of its atmosphere and appeal), why are chained women such a big deal to some people? Some twisted sense of gender equality? Would it be a-ok if it was one woman and one man?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Xalthotun wrote:
"
"
Xalthotun wrote:
Dear Mature Eurhetemec, please explain me (I'm just curious), when exactly I raged and flipped the table?

You didn't, but a lot of others did.

Mr Eurhetemec attacked me personally, that's why I've asked him about explanation. I can't be responsible for actions of others, and I don't want to be blamed without a reason.

I quoted the guy responding to you, not you, for a reason.

You're merely encouraging table-flippers by spreading nonsense - specifically your post suggested that GGG weren't intending to provide UI options, when they've specifically said that they are. It's this kind of misinformation, together with a bit of trolling, that is fuelling the table-flippers.

As for "I can't be responsible for the actions of others", well, you're on icy ground there, dude, both morally and, were this a serious situation, legally. If you encourage people to believe something that isn't true, that's on you.

"
RootCookie wrote:
All you have done is prove my point.

No. What he's shown is that you have no respect whatsoever for views or interpretations that do not match you own precisely.

As you said "I even set the scene and you chose to ignore it.". This is a perfect demonstration of how you think that, if you offer one interpretation, others should have to agree that it is the only valid interpretation, or at least a significant interpretation.

But they don't.

Your interpretation goes against the common-sense, Western-cultural interpretation. Chains in statuary mean slavery or imprisonment in the West, period. So it's nice that you have it, but it's not one anyone else needs to acknowledge or say is valid.

If you don't understand that, you need to think about this a lot harder.

"
holocaustus wrote:
The game is chock full of themes of torture and suffering (that is part of its atmosphere and appeal), why are chained women such a big deal to some people? Some twisted sense of gender equality? Would it be a-ok if it was one woman and one man?

That's not the issue. They weren't a subject of great complaint or the like. GGG just felt that they needed updating. It was only after they were updated that the ol' MRA/anti-feminist crowd starting saying how oppressed they were by this change, and tried to make it about this.

The truth is, GGG thought they could do better, so they changed the UI. They are going to add more options in future (likely including the old UI). So being upset about the change is pointless in the extreme.

The truth is, GGG thought they could do better, so they changed the UI. They are going to add more options in future (likely including the old UI). So being upset about the change is pointless in the extreme.

[/quote]

[Removed by Support],and what ppl need to understand that it is not the change in itself ppl have a problem whit, it is the reason why it was changed, as stated by me and others this is a form of cencorship and that is the part i have a problem whit.
[Removed by Support]
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 14, 2015, 8:46:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info