What is your opinion about new globes?

I don't like the new orbs for the simple reason that they're way too intrusive. If you compare the interfaces

Old (brown) http://i.imgur.com/BG9tcgW.jpg
1.0 (silver) http://i.imgur.com/N0OH4uo.jpg
Awakening (black) http://i.imgur.com/5R6lM0R.jpg

you'll see that it is not only darker, but also much thicker, and not just the setting of the globes and the borders, but the shape of the figures themselves too. I didn't like the change before (there's no need to change the theme), but the way it is now I can't even ignore it, because the contrast, its presence, is so much stronger than before.
I don't understand the need to change the UI. It was perfectly fine before and the new UI doesn't really seem to fit the game now. It's sad that the devs fall for this whole "I'm offended please change your game" ruse.
not a deal breaker but even girls like looking at other girls let alone guys so i dont see big deal but there is always one idiot out there who ruins it for everyone.

Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
not a deal breaker but even girls like looking at other girls let alone guys so i dont see big deal but there is always one idiot out there who ruins it for everyone.

No single "idiot" out there ruined it for everyone.

The change was explained by Chris and had absolutely NOTHING to do with appeasing any radical individual, or group for that matter.

You guys need to do more reading and less whining.
I'm pretty neutral about the UI, I didn't dislike the old one but I understand and agree with GGG's reasoning for going with a new one.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

"
Wudstok wrote:
I don't understand the need to change the UI. It was perfectly fine before and the new UI doesn't really seem to fit the game now. It's sad that the devs fall for this whole "I'm offended please change your game" ruse.

And then there's post like these...I remember when Chris said the UI change idea came from inside GGG and seeing these sorts of posts were embarrassing. They really are, let's be better than this, people.

Spoiler
If you're blaming feminists for something GGG decided to do of their own initiative, maybe that's a sign you were being sexist from the start.
Spoiler
Also, most GGG staff are probably feminists anyway...
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

The change was explained by Chris and had absolutely NOTHING to do with appeasing any radical individual or group, for that matter.

Do you believe every single thing what people tell you? Are you that gullible =/?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

The change was explained by Chris and had absolutely NOTHING to do with appeasing any radical individual or group, for that matter.

Do you believe every single thing what people tell you? Are you that gullible =/?

I always take the source into account when deciding whether I should believe or not.

I just don't think Chris is a liar. There's a massive difference between that and being gullible.
Hmph.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

I just don't think Chris is a liar. There's a massive difference between that and being gullible.

Maaaan,they removed the girls because it looked like it promoted women slavery/bondage. You wanted Chris to spell you that? He had to give a politically correct answer. "The new ugly ass globes fit out design vision" lel
"
Warmey wrote:
"

Maaaan,they removed the girls because it looked like it promoted women slavery/bondage. You wanted Chris to spell you that? He had to give a politically correct answer. "The new ugly ass globes fit out design vision" lel

Big deal nothing you cant see at grocery check out counter in Vogue or Vanity fair. Chicks eat that shit up.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 7, 2015, 9:03:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info