Don't forget to roll your high level maps!

hmm, so i guess it wont be enough to just alt regal maps anymore, you will want to alch / chaos spam them, atleast high level ones for more IIQ and pack size.....

i dont have problem with that if they would remove mods like blood magic, temp chains, - max resists....
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
I rate 8/10, but then deduced 2 points for spreading bullshit and negativity, which results in a final score of 6/10.

Not bad sir.
Spoiler
(no, the click-bait tittle didn't reward you a bonus point)

Peace,

-Boem-

Care to explain the "spreading bullshit and negativity" part?
The hordes mod does not exist in 2.0 anymore and the high level map droprates are lowered. Would be nice to know how these facts are bullshit and negativity.

And what about "click-bait title"?
The title is nothing but a short summary of the whole thread so.....?

If someone of us it trolling it is not me and because your statements are obviously false I can only rate 1/10
Spoiler
No, being a whiteknight didn't reward you a bonus point! ^^

If GGG adds 3 level to the top map pool and makes those extremely rare compared to the 78 maps, while 78's remain at the same drop-rate. Did they actually decrease xp gains or increase them?

Your slandering a new mapping system you don't fully comprehend, which is negativity. It's not that hard to grasp.

Your also implying that rolling hordes will yield greater rewards then rolling the maps under the new map system.

Which again, you have no data to back up. so yeah, baseless negativity.

And no, some sample set's of a 2 week duration beta are not enough to give comfortable readings on the map availability. Which most people realize, except for the people complaining and doom and glooming GGG obviously.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
hmm, so i guess it wont be enough to just alt regal maps anymore, you will want to alch / chaos spam them, atleast high level ones for more IIQ and pack size.....

i dont have problem with that if they would remove mods like blood magic, temp chains, - max resists....

That is exactly what I think too BUT there is another problem - they changed (aka lowered) the droprates for maps a lot. Take a look at the map I posted above. This is one hell of a map and only offers 14% monster pack size. On the other hand the old hordes mob offer up to 50% monster pack size without adding any danger to the map. Therefore xp wise it is a good idea to alt all the existing high level maps before 2.0 hit the server. A simple max rolled hordes map with no other mods that was just chiseled before offers 50% more XP and 70% more quantity - 20% from chisels and 50% more mobs equals 50% more drops (in fact it is even more because the 20% apply to the 50% more mobs as well).
That is 50% more XP and ~80% more drops for playing a white map (difficulty wise)!
There simply is no safer way to level your toon.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Jul 1, 2015, 5:19:05 PM
Can you post some example maps? I never seen horde affix.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 1, 2015, 7:45:19 PM
They also nerfed zana daily map levels. Acquiring/maintaining 73+ map pools is hard enough just with that change but you also need to yolo crazy map bosses just to stand a hope of maintaining your maps.

Speaking as a lvl 84 hc beta char.

We will see if the map drop rates are improved in the Friday beta patch.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Can you post some example maps? I never seen horde affix.

Ok ok, the right name is "of Hordes" and I really have a hard time to believe that you never saw one before. ^^ But anyway here we go:

edit: the mod combination of the third map is (at least in my opinion) the best combination possible.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Jul 1, 2015, 8:59:33 PM
Oh ic. I call it pack size. Indeed its the best. I never had a problem with even 78 maps after rolling of horde.
Git R Dun!
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
thanks for heads up 666, but can you pls explain what is different with rolling maps on beta then on live for us that didnt get in beta, and someone said horde will be only available with other mods, what that means?

The difference is that they removed the hordes mod completely but now you can get % more enemies (monster pack size) as a bonus for certain other map mod combinations - these % will be shown "above the line" on the map where quantity is located and does not count as a mod itself.

"
galuf wrote:
Also gl trying to get rich by throwing hundreds of alts on some maps pre patch for eventual marginal benefit. :)

Congratulations on missing the point completely! ;) The whole thread is about getting xp not earning currency.

Dear lord, what do I read... There will add another layer of map levels.
are shrines worthy enough to roll hordes on it? i find that map pretty small compared to shipyard/court imo
what up cuzz
So even the old maps will roll new mods after 2.0 hits?

What if I roll a blue map now, before 2.0. Then regal it when 2.0 hits? Will it have 2 old mods and a new mod?

EDIT: Found this quote from here:https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297319
"
Qarl wrote:
This patch includes:
  • Fixes and updates to the leech system.
  • Map mods have been changed. Item rarity has been added as a bonus. Pack size has been removed as a mod. It is now a bonus for some map mods. Other map mods have been adjusted or changed. Quantity, rarity and pack size appear as "above the line" stats on a map now. There is stratification of the mods, so that additional mods combinations and values are introduced for level 74+ maps, and more for level 79+ maps. A more detailed manifesto post will be posted later today, and will outline specifics (such as only new maps getting new map mods).
  • Some adjustments have been made to map drop chances.
  • You can no longer corrupt jewels to obtain Zerphi's Youth.
  • Various fixes to areas such as the Marketplace.
  • Updates to existing unique items as discussed in the recent manifesto post.
  • The life and mana orbs now show where flasks will heal to. This will get some further adjustments to be smoother when a character also has high regen.

Here is an example map:

Note: Having two additional elemental damages can only happen to maps of level 74 or higher.

It says "only new maps getting new map mods" , which implies the basis of this thread is wrong. You should be able to roll your old maps anytime. As long as they are old maps, they will still have their old mod pool.
Last edited by t3hjs on Jul 9, 2015, 11:19:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info