[New Player] Does it make sense to create an account now?

I wanted to give PoE a try after i saw that they started a CB. But i also read in the forum that your old characters got transfered into the new "Server"/"client"/"Game"/"DLC" (tbh i dont have much clue what PoE TheAwakening is and my englando is really bad). So my question would be: Should i dl PoE now and then continue playing after my character got transfered or should i wait till the open beta started?

Thank you
You are allowed a number of characters so you could start 1 now and get use to how some of the mechanics work Then when awakening starts you could start another one in the new league...and play both if you like
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
there wont be an open beta. closed beta is just a testing realm and will be completely deleted with all its characters once 2.0 is introduced. any characters that you create now (in 1.3) on the live realm will be carried over to the 2.0 patch.
Due to the new leveling experience I would say just wait until July 10th and play with the new leagues.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Just start and get familiar with the game before our major update. Also be awed how difficult it is to catch up with others who have played for years.
there is no need to catch up anyone or anything, even more if you play temporary league ( that I would advice if you start now )
IGN TylordRampage
Then, in Awakening, theres no Leagues? all ppl transfered to 2.0 without 3 month league like in the past?
IGN:ZorryFlurry
There will be new leagues when Awakening starts. At least we believe so :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
There will be new leagues when Awakening starts. At least we believe so :)

You believe?

https://www.pathofexile.com/theawakening/leagues
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Malone wrote:
there is no need to catch up anyone or anything, even more if you play temporary league ( that I would advice if you start now )

Lol. That depends on him.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info