When a new gem is released most of the time ''OMFG IT'S OP''

Please stop doing that.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Most of the time, it is OP. At least that's been the trend.

But you have a point. The power creep shouldn't surprise us anymore, so the OMFG is really unnecessary.

"Sigh. OP again."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 30, 2015, 10:29:07 PM
inb4 its tornado shot all over again :^)
Fortify is OP indeed. It replaces increased melee physical damage and adds an insane amount of defense.
I remember when I originally pitched the idea of OP skill gems, GGG was obviously heavily influenced by it.

Let me find and bump my 3 year old thread about it.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
I remember when I originally pitched the idea of OP skill gems, GGG was obviously heavily influenced by it.

Let me find and bump my 3 year old thread about it.

I recall! You were ahead of your time, sir :)
Yeah, I totally remember when that happened with Flame Surge.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
Deadpeng wrote:
Fortify is OP indeed. It replaces increased melee physical damage and adds an insane amount of defense.

mmmmm melee phys is the least likely gem to replaced by fortify in a setup.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
i'd rather it be OP that underpowered at least you get some fun out of it before they nerf it rather than not using it, see i getting buffed bit by bit until it's usable
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
i'd rather it be OP that underpowered at least you get some fun out of it before they nerf it rather than not using it
Well, obviously.

But I'd rather it be balanced than OP. I'm not sure GGG feels the same way. After all, they want people to get some fun out of it rather than playing another game.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info