Tempura deep fried Shrimpy league(Tempest HC)

"When a Tempest affects an area, it affects it for everyone in that league for an hour."
I believe this needs a bit more explanation. Does it effect everyone outside of that particular area throughout whole Wraeclast meaning it will effect every single player? Can an effect be negative too like reflect, etc.? It'd be awesome to have every single HC player get ele/phys reflect for 1 hour or blood magic, everybody just camps in hideouts for an hour :D. Though sounds a little bit op if that's so, I wonder how balanced that would be.
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
"When a Tempest affects an area, it affects it for everyone in that league for an hour."
I believe this needs a bit more explanation. Does it effect everyone outside of that particular area throughout whole Wraeclast meaning it will effect every single player? Can an effect be negative too like reflect, etc.? It'd be awesome to have every single HC player get ele/phys reflect for 1 hour or blood magic, everybody just camps in hideouts for an hour :D. Though sounds a little bit op if that's so, I wonder how balanced that would be.

The Tempests you see on your world map are the same as the tempests everyone else will see on theirs.

So if Merciless Ledge is affected by say, a magic find Tempest, then anyone farming Merciless Ledge during that hour can benefit from it.

Tempests will behave the same way in maps, but naturally you can't see ahead of time which Tempests are on which maps.

Tempests can be both positive and negative, but only one tempest can affect an area at one time. There are some scary debuffs, and some really good buffs. Of course, the buffs can be scary too if the monsters get them :)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Dr1MaR wrote:

The Tempests you see on your world map are the same as the tempests everyone else will see on theirs.

So if Merciless Ledge is affected by say, a magic find Tempest, then anyone farming Merciless Ledge during that hour can benefit from it.

Tempests will behave the same way in maps, but naturally you can't see ahead of time which Tempests are on which maps.

Tempests can be both positive and negative, but only one tempest can affect an area at one time. There are some scary debuffs, and some really good buffs. Of course, the buffs can be scary too if the monsters get them :)

Nice, sounds very interesting, looking forward to try the league out. Thanks for a quick response! :)
Are Tempests instance-bound? I.e. if i open an instance with Shimmering Tempest of Frog Rain, and afk in the instance for 3 hours, will it retain that Tempest and not switch to a new one?
"
Novan wrote:
Are Tempests instance-bound? I.e. if i open an instance with Shimmering Tempest of Frog Rain, and afk in the instance for 3 hours, will it retain that Tempest and not switch to a new one?

Yes.

Also, damn. I missed the opportunity to make a tempest that rains frogs on you.

Maybe next time :)
Gameplay & Level Design
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Novan wrote:

Yes.

Patch it in week 2. You can do this. I have faith in you.
In before Tempest that has Drop Bears fall on you constantly
I need a signature to look legit
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Novan wrote:

Yes.

Patch it in week 2. You can do this. I have faith in you.

Oh man, and you know what else? I bet I can also make
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
In before Tempest that has Drop Bears fall on you constantly

...a really fun other kind of tempest!

Spoiler
I'm kidding. I promise.
Gameplay & Level Design
I will be playing this league. And the other one. These are the most interesting leagues in a while.
I wonder if there's any potential to apply weather based on the tempest archetype? A glimmering/shining tempest could be bright and sunny, with golden leaves swishing through the air, or an animated tempest could have black mist swirling across the area. This could be the first step towards a living Wraeclast, with a pseudo-day/night cycle that tells you just how dangerous the area you're entering is.

Applying that cycle to Warbands could provide scenery and situations that empower or weaken the groups, with the not-yet-implemented Chaos Warband only appearing at night, or in the worst weather.

There's a lot of room to grow here, I hope GGG uses it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info