Warbands and Tempest Challenge Leagues

Hope only warbands is added to standard. roaming war partys will be fun but a world altering effct will be annoying
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
Really like the sound of Warbands League. Its like a group of rouge exiles in one area, witch is great.

The other HC league I am not a huge fan of, especially as other people will have impact on areas that I play in, and I dont like that, so I hope it will not go to vanilla game after league end.

Player activity doesn't affect which Tempests show up where.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Warband league sounds really fun and engaging. Definitely caught my ear and sounds very rewarding.

Tempest sounds like a rehashed bloodlines, invasion or nemesis league and just expanded on top of. Watching the video and reading about it didn't get me excited at all. I of course can't make a full judgement until I play it, but currently I feel underwhelmed.
8/8! Here I come!
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
diablofdb wrote:
these leagues sound amazing and I have a question about them. Are they made to be added to the core gameplay after the leagues are over? and for how long they will last?

We like to see how a league plays out before we answer that question.

The immediate tech payoff for us from Warbands is enhanced AI options. A lot of work was put into improving the AI, and the options a designer can use on a monster or pack (using the pack tech that bloodlines gave us).

Aside from the tempests themselves, Tempest came with tech for affecting world areas universally (also used in Warbands). Tempest will also give us some potential cool map mods for the future.

Will there be an option to change back to the old globes/UI? I liked it a lot more. I don't see the relevance of the lion to mana.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
these leagues sound amazing and I have a question about them. Are they made to be added to the core gameplay after the leagues are over? and for how long they will last?

We like to see how a league plays out before we answer that question.

The immediate tech payoff for us from Warbands is enhanced AI options. A lot of work was put into improving the AI, and the options a designer can use on a monster or pack (using the pack tech that bloodlines gave us).

Aside from the tempests themselves, Tempest came with tech for affecting world areas universally (also used in Warbands). Tempest will also give us some potential cool map mods for the future.

Regarding monster AI, I see a lot of the melee monsters in the game approach you, then taunt, then take a few steps back, then re-approach you to finally attack. Is that intended? It feels like it makes a lot of encounters super easy, especially for ranged characters.
I'm so happy I could cry
www.twitch.tv/ephixagames
Tempests are going to be much more fun than they seem even though the idea itself is just not that presentable, but some zones will be completely cut off for people if certain tempests are (and i'm hoping there are) really scary, like some violent weather you don't wanna risk playing through.

Good ideas GGG, keep up the good work!
Another set of awful and unoriginal changes. 'Tempests' are merely reuse of shrines and 'warbands' are random mishmash of nemesis bloodlines and exiles, for sure balanced around mirror-geared 0.1% of playerbase. And you can't even reset instance since this shit is global, so there goes you game time. GG, GGG. Random one-shots ftw \0/

And the best part is
"
Tempests can also affect end-game Maps. Because there's no world map for maps, the community will need to collaborate to share information about which valuable tempests affect which areas at the moment.

So like they haven't screwed mapping hard enough there is now extra layer of fuck you. "We have random shit affecting you map, but we won't tell you what and when will instagib you. Go waste your time googling for some untrusted third-party site with unverified information.'
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info