2.0 MoM Max Block Face Breaker Templar even with no legacy(TheoryCraft)

Hi, first of all english isn't my main language, so forgive me if i made some mistakes :)
Since 2.0 is coming i was thinking to make a new build that break the rules and since i love the MoM mechanics and max block i decided to unite the two things.
Now that the MoM node is moved near templar is much easier to get and don't requires a CoD so i thought this:
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwEhwSzBS0GOQkzC2EM9w3NFKkVIBg8GFYZtBo-HM4rUC2DL8wxnjH7Mk4y0TndOuE8BTwtPQ9AoEGHQ8hD50VHRZ1Hfk8EUEdRYFNSVi1boF7AXz9i7GVNZ5to8nKpdO1343k5eWh673wOfEt82X7if-ODX4PMhNmE74UyiFqPmZZ0muCbWKBCogCmV6dVqW6playvrj6vbK-ntoa2irc-vSe9Nr6nwGbAv8EEwYLEuMT2xq7RNtX42L3aweIs5FHp1evu7w7vfPAf8i_yRfMG9zL56Puq_gr-VA==

With this skill tree we get:
- 27% block
- +152% max mana
- 185% mana regen
- 51% reduced mana cost of skill
- +131% max life life
- 6,9% of max life per sec

v2 with 5 jewels socket since they seems to be op
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAdwEhwSzBS0GOQkzC2EM9w3NFKkVIBm0Gj4czhzcK1As6S2DL8wx-zJOMtE53TwFPC09D0CgQYdDyEPnRUdFnUa3R35PBFBHUWBTUlYtW6BewF8_YuxlTWebaPJvO3KpdO1343k5eWh673wOfEt82X7if-ODX4PMhNmE74UyhrOIWo8aj5mWdJrgm1igQqIAp1WpbqmVrK-uPq9sr6e2hraKtz69Nr6nwBrAZsC_wQTBgsS4xPbGrtE202_V-Ni92sHiLORR6dXr7u8O73zwH_Iv8wb3Mvno-6r-Cv5U

Pros vs regular FB build:

- no blood magic gem, one more socket in BoR
- MoM :)
- tank better small hit same as bigger one

Cons: - no full mana reserved for auras
- no more op Arctic Armor :(
----------------------------------------------some mechanics----------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Since in the 4 linked Bringer of Rain we can avoid the blood magic gem thx to the very high mana regen and 51% reduced cost of skill, the setup will be: Cyclone-Fortify-Increase AoE-Concentrated Effect (another 15% reduced mana cost for a 66% total reduction!)
Since Aura were nerfed i was thinking to only run hatred and clarity, with 2000 max mana and one 50% aura -279 clarity= 721 free mana
For warcry the new Rallying Cry fits perfect in this the build, it offer 16% more damage+1,4% per enemy and 14.8 mana regen per sec+ new clarity 17.18= 31,98! we should easily reach 300 or more mana regen per second
PLus we can get endurance charge just by blocking attacks thx to Bringer of Rain

Link:
Spoiler
4L Bringer: Cyclone - Fortify - Increase AoE/Added Fire -Concentrated Effect
4L Reckoning - Riposte/Increase Area - Life on Hit - Mana Leech
4L Rallying Cry - Blood Rage - Phase Run - Increase duration
3L Hatred - Clarity - Tempest Shield/Fire(or chaos) Golem/Flame Dash

Unique Requied:

Spoiler
With all those defensive node the more obvious choice are Facebreaker, the damage should be more than enought to clear all content

Meginord belt is also the BIS thx to flat physical damage and life%

The other one required for reaching max block is Bringer of Rain, the non legacy one can work too, since we use mana to cast we can take advantage of the full 4 link making it the best chest possible

For the shield i see 3 option: Aegis Aurora(op ES on block :D) - Saffel Frame (easy switch for heavy spell caster like piety,dominus or atziri) - Great Old One's Ward (atk speed, physical damage, insane boost to damage)

The last Unique that i plan to use It may seem crazy but is The Anvil Amulet, i know it have some downside (-10'% atk speed -20% movement) but the advantages that offer are insane for a life/mana based build, it gives +8% block +(34 to 48) Life gained when you Block +(10 to 24) Mana gained when you Block , that means with Testudo(+8 mana on block) thx to MoM it gives equal to 70 hp on block, along with aegis aurora small hit will never touch you, they will heal you instead

Unique i' m testing now:
Spoiler

Feel free to comment for improve the build with some idea/critic
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Jul 8, 2015, 4:28:37 PM
You don't have much damage on this build.
Sure, it's defensive...but it'll take forever to actually kill anything.

Recommendations:
1) Go caster, you'll have decent damage with less investment...incinerate might be a good bet.
2) Get more jewel nodes, they can have block on them, eliminating the need for BoR.
---2b) Start Scion in this case...saves *a bit* on pathing...but this is not really required.

This tree covers those points well.

Aegis Aurora, The Anvil, Rainbowstrides (25%):
+32 block from shield
+8 block from amulet
+25 from tree
= 65/16.25 block
+10 (5*2) block/+4 spellblock (2*2) from jewels (not sure if you can ALSO have spellblock on the same jewel...that would work out really well)
= 75/22.75 block
+3 tempest shield
= 78/23.5 block

Saffell's Frame (80%), The Anvil, Rainbowstrides (25%):
+24 block from shield
+8 block from amulet
+25 from tree
= 0(57)/59.85 block
+10 (5*2) block/+4 spellblock (2*2) from jewels (it's actually better if they're all regular block, but i'm assuming you use the same gems as above)
= 0(67)/74.35 block
+3 tempest shield
= 0(70)/77.5 block

A corrupted spellblock anvil will help in both cases.
Last edited by bullgaria on Jun 30, 2015, 5:56:25 PM
"
bullgaria wrote:
You don't have much damage on this build.
Sure, it's defensive...but it'll take forever to actually kill anything.

Recommendations:
1) Go caster, you'll have decent damage with less investment...incinerate might be a good bet.
2) Get more jewel nodes, they can have block on them, eliminating the need for BoR.
---2b) Start Scion in this case...saves *a bit* on pathing...but this is not really required.

This tree covers those points well.

Aegis Aurora, The Anvil, Rainbowstrides (25%):
+32 block from shield
+8 block from amulet
+25 from tree
= 65/16.25 block
+10 (5*2) block/+4 spellblock (2*2) from jewels (not sure if you can ALSO have spellblock on the same jewel...that would work out really well)
= 75/22.75 block
+3 tempest shield
= 78/23.5 block

Saffell's Frame (80%), The Anvil, Rainbowstrides (25%):
+24 block from shield
+8 block from amulet
+25 from tree
= 0(57)/59.85 block
+10 (5*2) block/+4 spellblock (2*2) from jewels (it's actually better if they're all regular block, but i'm assuming you use the same gems as above)
= 0(67)/74.35 block
+3 tempest shield
= 0(70)/77.5 block

A corrupted spellblock anvil will help in both cases.

Thx for the thoughts, i already planned a caster max block build, but since i wanna also play a melee i think i will try this. I know i can do same(if not more) damage of an incinerate build, if i put a physical damage amulet istead of anvil with Great Old One's Ward and legacy Bringer i can easily reach 40K DPS Cyclone(with only hatred), sure will be more expensive but even with no damage amulet and no legacy Bringer i will do 15K dps with cyclone(without blood rage and warcry) so wouldn't be so awful as you think :)
I just have to find a compromise between survivability and damage
Last edited by crazyjake on Jul 1, 2015, 4:04:40 AM
"
crazyjake wrote:
Thx for the thoughts, i already planned a caster max block build, but since i wanna also play a melee i think i will try this. I know i can do same damage of an incinerate build, sure will be more expensive but even with no damage amulet and no legacy Bringer i will do 15K dps with cyclone(without blood rage and warcry) so wouldn't be so awful as you think :)

Fair enough.

In that case though, I'd still recommend you switch to Scion. It has easy access to 4% block as well as a jewel socket that nets you a lot of mana + mana regen on the way.

This is the best build I was able to make with those points, but you could drop Path of the Warrior for a slightly more jewel-oriented version of it...or whatever other nodes you might consider taking.

Some notes about that tree:
1) No mana leech...too much investment for what will likely not be enough payout. All your mana problems should be taken care of through mana on block or mana regen + reduced mana cost.
2) Versatility is great for this build: stats you don't have enough of + 8% reduced mana cost.

Something interesting to consider is using the new Reduced Mana gem: you could have your cyclone be completely free...this can actually also be an amazing boost to your dps because you can optimize cyclone's "casts per second" rather than attack speed, and as an added benefit you don't have to worry about not having mana after a big hit due to MoM.
This thread discusses that aspect of cyclone in detail.

Assuming level 19 gems and 47% reduced mana from tree:
Cyclone (21 base) + MPD + FA + Blind = 33.81 mana/cast
+ Conc. Effect = 47.33 mana/cast
+ Increased AoE = 66.26 mana/cast
+ (Reduced Mana (20q, 39% reduction) + tree reduction) = 9.27 mana/cast
The final cost is rounded down to 9, with a total of 86% reduced mana.

You can get another 4% reduced mana from the tree (51% total), reducing the cost to 6.62...which means you can use an elreon ring to reduce this final value to 0.
Alternatively, jewels can have a 3% reduced mana mod on them. With 3 that's a 99% reduction, which results in a free cyclone.

Edit: updated values...was using old cyclone mana cost (28 instead of 21)
Last edited by bullgaria on Jul 1, 2015, 8:39:46 AM
Thank you for noticed me that the mana drain node isn't so efficient, a 1% mana drain ring should be enough to rapid boost mana in case of spike damage.
However the mana cost of cyclone in awakening at level 20 is 21 per cast,so should be 72 -66%= 24,48 , even more easy to manage :)
I know scion's tree is slightly more efficient
Spoiler
(with scion i have 8% more mana and 20% more mana regen vs 110% increased defence from shield)
, but since i already have a leveled templar and the difference is so small i don' t wanna start level another character
I upgraded the tree with some more jewel node and dropped the mana drain, thx you for the usefull advice!
Last edited by crazyjake on Jul 1, 2015, 9:26:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info