Any good Mon'tregul's Grasp Void Sceptre builds?

Hey guys! Could you point me to the general direction of any decent/good Mon'tregul's Grasp Void Sceptre build? I've already looked at the "Witch builds" thread, but didn't manage to find one. Any info would be appreciated!

All in all, I want to find out how much resists I need to get my zombies. What are their base stats, do they recieve the -60% penalty in merciless and if they also cap out at 75% like normal players?
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jun 29, 2015, 2:54:18 PM
Heyo, first I just want to say that you probably won't find many "standard" summoner builds (zombie and specter focus) right now because of how popular SRS builds are. That said it isn't really an item you build around per say

MOST zombie and specter based builds tend to take all the minion/aura nodes and run as many auras as possible, as such most summoner trees will look very similar.The only difference being if you want to go hybrid,CI, or low life.

Also because of how summons are 100% of a summoners damage (duh) it doesn't really matter what gear you run.some people run monty's grasp, some run midnight bargain, some run neither it mostly comes down to preference. The only real piece of "mandatory" gear is a +2 minion or +1 all helm.

If you want i can link you a basic summoner skill tree and then you can decide if you want to be low life,ci, or hybrid and fill out the rest accordingly. I personally would recommend a low life 7 aura build, after all if you're gonna use monty's to make zombies op you might as well go all the way. Plus since your zombies will reisist cap with montys and they gain 2k extra health, auras like vitality and grace scale REALLY well with zombies. The +100% physical make Hatred, haste, and vaal haste really really good as well

EDIT: linked it anyway

That is a pretty basic start to any summoner build. you can opt out of the aura nodes if you don't want to run as many auras, eldritch battery and CI are right on the path if you want to do either and there are plenty of life and life regen nodes in the Templar/marauder side that you have easy access to for low life builds as well as health/ ES nodes on the right side for hybrid builds and es nodes on at the start point and the wheel below the starting point for CI based builds. But yeah just let me know what you're looking for and I can give you more help ^.^

EDIT 2: as for the zombie resists Here is a spreadsheet containing all zombie stat values

So with montys grasp you would actually cap your zombies on all resists (Even though you might still need purity to cap your own) Zombies base resists are 10/20/10 across all difficulties.
Last edited by boogboi on Jun 29, 2015, 9:11:35 PM
"
boogboi wrote:

So with montys grasp you would actually cap your zombies on all resists (Even though you might still need purity to cap your own) Zombies base resists are 10/20/10 across all difficulties.

With the 1.2.4 patch zombie resists are 35% fire/cold/lightning in all difficulties.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
boogboi wrote:

With the 1.2.4 patch zombie resists are 35% fire/cold/lightning in all difficulties.

Doesn't really matter. with the 30% from montys and the 16% all resist minion node they will still be capped
Last edited by boogboi on Jun 30, 2015, 4:44:15 AM
"
boogboi wrote:
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
boogboi wrote:

Doesn't really matter. with the 30% from montys and the 16% all resist minion node they will still be capped

That is what I mostly needed. I've a good idea what makes a minion build tick, but I really want to try and make zombies really tanky, so I don't have to cast them every 2 seconds.
If you goal is yo make zombies as tanky as possible i would def suggest going 7 aura low life
"
boogboi wrote:
If you goal is yo make zombies as tanky as possible i would def suggest going 7 aura low life

I don't have enough currency for shavronne's. If I use baby shav's how should I keep myself alive? Spell Echo EC + Inc duration Immortal call?(I don't think there will be enough gem sockets for that)
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 1, 2015, 10:08:15 AM
I did a silly amount of theorycrafting about this exact build.

In the end, I came to the conclusion that the DPS wasn't TOO bad, but not that great either.
Although, judging by the buffs that zombies get in 2.0 in both damage and health, it might be slightly better. I did a small calculation and zombies could get up to 19.4k HP in 2.0, while doing about 20% more damage than my 1.3 calculation.
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
"

In the end, I came to the conclusion that the DPS wasn't TOO bad, but not that great either.
Although, judging by the buffs that zombies get in 2.0 in both damage and health, it might be slightly better. I did a small calculation and zombies could get up to 19.4k HP in 2.0, while doing about 20% more damage than my 1.3 calculation.

Then wouldn't it be better to skip the +2k hp scepter and just go for maximum dps(double the number of zombies for more damage)?
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
boogboi wrote:

I don't have enough currency for shavronne's. If I use baby shav's how should I keep myself alive? Spell Echo EC + Inc duration Immortal call?(I don't think there will be enough gem sockets for that)

Well you shouldn't be getting hit but if for some reason you are 3-4k Es is pretty manageable even without shavs, which is more than enough.

you should never use a CWDT setup for summoner, ever

"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"

Then wouldn't it be better to skip the +2k hp scepter and just go for maximum dps(double the number of zombies for more damage)?

no, because vitality and every other defensive stat scales with more hp. summoners have no problem in the dps department. What IS a problem is when uber atziri nukes our summons and we lose all of our damage.

Also double the summons doesn't necessarily mean more dps even though montys IS less damage
Last edited by boogboi on Jul 7, 2015, 3:20:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info