Need help with staff prefix and Templar 2.0 build

Hello

I'm currently planning a Standard league Templar build for 2.0 focused around a 6-linked staff that I found and have crafted as follows:

My idea is to do either a Molten Strike, Infernal Blow or Static Charge build utilizing crit with it. My questions are which build(s) that would be most favorable for a Templar with a staff like that and also, what should I craft as the final prefix?

Final prefix options and arguments for/against them:

Blood Magic: If I decide to go a blood magic build this must be the vastly superior prefix to choose i reckon. Going a blood magic build would free up several node- and gear slots and allow one more aura to be active but would require a few blood magic gems for other skills as well as additional LL, or? Moreover, could adding this affix actually decrease the value of the staff, should I decide to sell it?

Weapon Elemental Damage: Rolling for WED yields between 8-22% (15% average) increased elemental damage with the weapon (which for any build I decide upon should be 100%). As I understand it this would roughly correspond to adding on average 15% to the 164% already rolled, or is it better/worse?

Added Fire/Lightning damage: It's not as good as the physical damage since it'll not be multiplied with the 164% damage increase but it will still benefit from all %-increase of WED from any source, right? From a financial perspective any of these affixes could also lower the value of the staff I presume.

Life Leech: I assume that whichever build i choose I'd still be required to run a Life Leech gem, or will this 3-4% LL + Warlords Mark + Blood Rage + LL-nodes or any combination thereof suffice?

Causes bleeding on hit: Is there a wicked build using this that I don't know of?

I figure that none of the other options like accuracy or mana leech is worth it since vastly better rolls of these affixes are quite easily acquired on other gear.

Please keep in mind that I'm poor and only have a few EX to spend on additional gear.

Thank you for your advice!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info